Still waiting for the Alliance version of...

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
08/25/2018 08:10 AMPosted by Tannyya
08/25/2018 08:03 AMPosted by Athearia
Your compensation is getting to play the better faction

That's your opinion. From my own perspective alliance cant pvp their way out of a wet paper bag. AND they took away my original character model!!!!! Now Hestia is as homely as your toon.
Alliance bgs are a nightmare, never have I heard 'go die' 'I hope you die of cancer' etc etc this much in the last few years

Its not the better faction, just you happen to like it more, I adore Hestia, my beautiful daughter plays horde side, she doesn't like any of the alliance races. And I am absolutely fine with that, its a game, she didn't join a cult or the communist party

Having played both sides for years, every faction swears the other one is better at PvP.
08/26/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Zaisun

Because they used un-honorable means to commit the "genocide." Saurfang is all about honor, if you had watched the Old Soldier cinematic you would know that.

There is no 'honorable' way to commit genocide. That is the point.
08/25/2018 08:00 AMPosted by Atillus
Old Soldier....any day now...surely.

You'll just complain how you didn't get it first anyways. You don't want solutions. You just want to be angry.
08/26/2018 09:58 AMPosted by Ragarèn
08/26/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Zaisun
Ummm… why does Alliance need an Old Soldier cinematic? We had that Anduin cinematic/cutscene on the Broken Shore that was Alliance only.

Horde also had a cinematic for Sylvanas becoming warchief that was horde only.

Yea, but do we need to know why a high ranking Alliance member is wanting to go kill himself or leave the Alliance? I don't think so.
08/26/2018 09:58 AMPosted by Akston
The Alliance has the strongest lore characters.

That really doesn't have anything to do with the point I made. /shrug

To that point though, none of our lore characters seem particularly powerful. Malfurion was one shot by a single 'Throw Axe' from an old worn out orc. Tyrande seemingly is incapable of calling on Elune anymore and instead bubble hearths when that same old orc threatens her. I guess we'll see what Jaina does, my guess is nothing. Any other powerful lore character Alliance has goes full on neutral anytime a threat comes their way.

That still doesn't have anything to do with the effort and passion the devs put into the game though.
08/25/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Cognyack
You'll get it right after that "fist pump" moment from MoP!

If alliance didn't fist pump after invading orgrimar and killing our warchief, then there's nothing that will satisfy them.
08/26/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Zaisun
08/26/2018 09:58 AMPosted by Ragarèn
Horde also had a cinematic for Sylvanas becoming warchief that was horde only.

Yea, but do we need to know why a high ranking Alliance member is wanting to go kill himself or leave the Alliance? I don't think so.

We didn’t need to know anything about Saurfang yet we got a cinematic. Night elf’s just had their civilians burned alive along with their homes it should be a cinematic about them not some stupid orc finally feeling bad for what his horde has been doing for three major wars.
That video showed Saurfang as a weak minded idiot. I, too, am waiting for the Alliance version.
08/26/2018 10:05 AMPosted by Yasudra

If alliance didn't fist pump after invading orgrimar and killing our warchief, then there's nothing that will satisfy them.

You mean that time we didn't actually invade Orgrimar and instead helped out the Horde rebellion retake their home from said Warchief. And in fact didn't actually kill him but instead insisted he be taken prisoner only for him to escape and then be killed by the former warchief? That time?
The amount of whining in this thread is too damn high. It's impossible for people to simply enjoy the story, and enjoy something when the other faction gets it. Instead, let's all busy ourselves being very petty, claiming bias over the other faction, and ensuring people and Blizz know that we won't be happy if the other faction gets something that we want.

Grow up.
08/25/2018 08:10 AMPosted by Tannyya
08/25/2018 08:03 AMPosted by Athearia
Your compensation is getting to play the better faction

That's your opinion. From my own perspective alliance cant pvp their way out of a wet paper bag. AND they took away my original character model!!!!! Now Hestia is as homely as your toon.
Alliance bgs are a nightmare, never have I heard 'go die' 'I hope you die of cancer' etc etc this much in the last few years

Its not the better faction, just you happen to like it more, I adore Hestia, my beautiful daughter plays horde side, she doesn't like any of the alliance races. And I am absolutely fine with that, its a game, she didn't join a cult or the communist party

I mean... I think that Night Elves are pretty objectively not homely lol. Very odd attempt at an insult.

I've played both sides for years. I've listened to both sides complain about how their faction is the worst and how the other faction has their !@#$ together. It didn't even seem to matter if we were winning or losing (although, losing really brings out the "best" in people).

Also, let's be real, without female Blood Elves the Horde would be a ghost faction just like it was before TBC.
08/26/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Hamstar
08/26/2018 08:57 AMPosted by Sorelai

Not sure why you would even expect it. The Alliance lost both major battles so far. The King of Stormwind sits on his throne and everything is back to normal as far as he is concerned. Nothing to see here. Nothing to celebrate in a video.

So driving horde out of undercity and taking over a big chunk of that territory is losing to you? What would it have taken for you to consider it a win?

Your Warchief sacrificed Undercity. The Alliance didn't take it.

Also do you think "old soldier" is a celebratory video?

Sure made the Horde feel good about their actions.
08/26/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Urmog
08/25/2018 08:00 AMPosted by Atillus
Old Soldier....any day now...surely.
Why? Everyone seems to be happy to be a part of the Alliance.

Constantly losing to the Horde meanwhile the whole narrative is about "Reclaiming Horde Honor"

Is getting really, REALLY, old.
You guys will just whine about whatever they do give you.
you're going to be waiting a while.
08/26/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Pätkane

What have they given us?
08/26/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Moonfalls
08/26/2018 09:58 AMPosted by Akston
The Alliance has the strongest lore characters.

That really doesn't have anything to do with the point I made. /shrug

To that point though, none of our lore characters seem particularly powerful. Malfurion was one shot by a single 'Throw Axe' from an old worn out orc. Tyrande seemingly is incapable of calling on Elune anymore and instead bubble hearths when that same old orc threatens her. I guess we'll see what Jaina does, my guess is nothing. Any other powerful lore character Alliance has goes full on neutral anytime a threat comes their way.

That still doesn't have anything to do with the effort and passion the devs put into the game though.

Malfurion was almost dead when that "throw axe" hit him.

And come on. Nothing to do with the effort or passion? They spend all this time developing strong, powerful and important Alliance lore characters (and keeping them alive!). How is that not effort? Or passion?

Or is this where the Alliance people complaining of Horde Bias conveniently ignore anything positive on their side?
Honestly, I can care less about who they showcase in their cinematics. I love watching cinematics, especially when there's a fight scene with good choreography.

I play both factions so I have love for both sides.
08/26/2018 10:13 AMPosted by Changhiz
08/26/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Pätkane

What have they given us?

We got three recolored horses with saddles copy/pasted from existing mounts. I guess that is supposed to be our 'fist pump'. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
08/26/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Moonfalls
<span class="truncated">...</span>

What have they given us?

We got three recolored horses with saddles copy/pasted from existing mounts. I guess that is supposed to be our 'fist pump'. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The first pump moments are in the books, which you can acquire for $16.99! order now and receive a 10% discount with your very own bookmark!