RIP to our Fellow Gamers

Arenas
1 2 3 7 Next
There was a Mass Shooting at a Madden Tournament in Jacksonville, Florida. So far it's been reported that 4 people were killed, dozens or more injured; details always change within the first 24 hours.

Having attended blizzcon, I can imagine the fear and confusion those people felt, the audio is terrifying, and I can't believe we as Americans let backwards !@# people out in the sticks dictate our gun laws. If we don't do nothing, nothing will change.

What are your thoughts on this?
People love guns nothing's gonna change.
Making a law to Ban all guns won't stop shootings.

Criminals are going to break the law no matter what

Do you think that so many people would have been killed if everyone was shooting back?
this is the arena forums
08/26/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Bubblebuddyx

Do you think that so many people would have been killed if everyone was shooting back?

While I am not for completely banning guns I am certainly not naive enough to believe that multiple untrained personnel carrying guns would not exacerbate the problem.

Say more than one person was concealed carrying, person A pulls his gun out and begins shooting but person B looks and sees person A shooting but doesn't see the actual terrorist so he begins shooting at person A. That kind of situation only gets worse the more people you have.

Not only that but im sure in a situation like that it is very easy to accidentally shoot innocent people as well, so that argument is a bit silly imo.

Also yeah, this is the arena forums so unsure why this is here to begin with.

08/26/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Rampant
While I am not for completely banning guns

Notice the direction the conversation is going, since when do gun laws = ban all guns?

This is what I mean, when I say backwards people. They're not the brightest people in the world, why do we let these people dictate our gun laws? This isn't a dictatorship, this is a democracy, and I think you'll find that Americans love their humanity far more than they love their guns.

Criminals are going to break the law no matter what

can't believe people still parrot this garbage
The gun debate is a pretty controversial topic.

Imma pce out this thread because I don't wanna hurt any more feelings
08/26/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Sagewan
Notice the direction the conversation is going, since when do gun laws = ban all guns?

thats not fair

the paladin you quoted is like 16 and actually very very challenged just ignore him
Rest in Peace. Video was pretty terrifying to watch, damn shame things like this happen far too often :\
Expect these things continue to happen and more frequently on a bigger scale until the victims relatives seek actual change in the way their country has been ruled over these past decades.

If I lived in a country where these things become too common I would not be bringing my child to any public education or other mass gatherings. I would also arm myself as I have no choice but to be ready and protect my family at all times.

Many who do these acts of terrors are also victims themselves, but that's another story.
No doubt that Blizzcon's security will be heavily increased after this.
08/26/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Meadow
can't believe people still parrot this garbage

Hard street drugs are illegal, yet people get them anyway.

If you want something bad enough, you're gonna find a way to get it. Whether it's getting a new car, to buying speed on the street, to getting an licit firearm.
08/26/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Kopogero
Expect these things continue to happen and more frequently on a bigger scale until the victims relatives seek actual change in the way their country has been ruled over these past decades.

If I lived in a country where these things become too common I would not be bringing my child to any public education or other mass gatherings. I would also arm myself as I have no choice but to be ready and protect my family at all times.

Many who do these acts of terrors are also victims themselves, but that's another story.

youre 100x more likely to die in a car accident, and car accidents keep happening in your country, will you never bring your family in a vehicle again either?
08/26/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Awlday
08/26/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Kopogero

youre 100x more likely to die in a car accident, and car accidents keep happening in your country, will you never bring your family in a vehicle again either?

That's why there are different type of vehicles. I would definitely be ridding my family in a custom, modified type of a "bat mobile" as I have the option to do so. More importantly this is one of the reasons why we also have options what type of job to have and where our location is.

Statistics/odds are there, if you are driving daily and for longer duration your odds of an accident go higher.
08/26/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Kopogero
That's why there are different type of vehicles. I would definitely be ridding my family in a custom, modified type of a "bat mobile" as I have the option to do so. More importantly this is one of the reasons why we also have options what type of job to have and where our location is.

Statistics/odds are there, if you are driving daily and for longer duration your odds of an accident go higher.

Gotcha, just think its ridiculous people want to take others rights away and knee jerk reaction to one highly Politicized and media focused event when twice as many people die in the US from starvation but no ones out there trying to get more people food.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State,
The right of the People to keep and bear arms Shall Not Be Infringed.
08/26/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Anheuser
A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State,
The right of the People to keep and bear arms Shall Not Be Infringed.

Exactly, you have to join the police or national guard to own a gun.
08/26/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Sagewan
Except there already are gun laws, so which new magical one would have prevented this shooting or some other?

This is what I mean, when I say backwards people. They're not the brightest people in the world, why do we let these people dictate our gun laws? This isn't a dictatorship, this is a democracy, and I think you'll find that Americans love their humanity far more than they love their guns.
The US is a Constitutional Republic, which is a democratic form of government, but it is not a democracy. And the Constitution that governs the Laws clearly states “shall not be infringed” when it comes to the right to keep and bear arms.

Thankfully people who don’t understand what “dictates” constitutional laws, or what guarantees our rights which are not granted by government and can’t be taken away by “two wolves and a sheep voting on what’s for dinner” (democracy), don’t get to dictate to what extent all those “backwards peoples” rights may be retained.

Gun violence cannot be seriously reduced without very seriously infringing on the Second Amendment, so one must assume that’s really what the “gun control” advocates are after. And it won’t stop it, or trucks ramming people, or bomb blasts, or mass stabbings — these are evil people problems that aren’t solved by laws.