Remove the Silver Covenant and the High Elf threads die.

General Discussion
It's so easy. All you need to do is have the Silver Covenant go fight Sylvanas and then she blights them.

And then finally. No more High Elf threads.
Or you could just not read any of them. Or you know, not make another post about them.
08/26/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Menard
It's so easy. All you need to do is have the Silver Covenant go fight Sylvanas and then she blights them.

And then finally. No more High Elf threads.

Horde = Genocidal Maniacs.

Confirmed.

Go away tree burner.
Mag'har Orcs opened a Pandora's Box.

AU High Elves led by Kael'thas for the Alliance is now a possibility.

This will never be over. Never.
08/26/2018 01:26 PMPosted by Mythlos

I told you last night to DELETE this dirty thought! Please! D:
So, I leave the forums for months, only to return and find out that the high elf requests haven't died out.

Good.
You wanna know how you can make the high elf posts go away?

Give the players high elves. These posts will disappear over night, I guarantee it.
Orcs are from current outland not alternate one. Just like dranei.
It's would be fantastic if they wrote a way for all remaining high elves to die or join the blood elves. maybe even add the blue eyes as a cosmetic option for blood elves.

anything to make people understand it's the same race.
08/26/2018 01:32 PMPosted by Garrondorf

Give the players high elves. These posts will disappear over night, I guarantee it.

or put customize options in for the void elves so you can make them look as high eleven as you like.

Kael'thas never led the High Elves. The moment he took command, they became the blood elves.

If an AU event were to happen where Arthas's attack on Quel'thalas was thwarted, then the AU High Elf leader would actually be Anasterian.
The Alliance should have High Elves. No one ever thought the Horde would get Mag'har Orcs but they did. The push to get High elves will never go away.
honestly I feel like it should have been the Silver Covenant who was transformed into void elves. (have Alleria jump through a void portal and Vereesa after a few days of waiting sends the Silver Covenant in after her)

it makes it so they officially join the alliance and gives us a viable reason to not have "untainted" high elves. (because other then Vereesa they'd all be blood or void, other then a few outliers)

As it is now, void elves are kind of random without much lore, doing the above would have given them all the Silver Covenants lore and gave them a solid base to work from, instead they'll have to build them up from the ground.

edit: it also would give blizzard the ability to play out the scenario, of high elves being "corrupted" after quite a few made comments about how tainted blood elves are, after looking down their nose at them.
08/26/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Flommincy
Orcs are from current outland not alternate one. Just like dranei.

Mag’har Orcs are from the Draenor we traveled to in WoD.
08/26/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Rorrand

Kael'thas never led the High Elves. The moment he took command, they became the blood elves.

If an AU event were to happen where Arthas's attack on Quel'thalas was thwarted, then the AU High Elf leader would actually be Anasterian.

Doesn't matter.

Alternate reality. Alternate rules.

Orcs never invade => Entire Alliance history changes, including Arthas' path.

Anesterian would conveniently die for some contrived plot reason.

Maybe a troll raid killed him.
08/26/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Quizotic
honestly I feel like it should have been the Silver Covenant who was transformed into void elves. (have Alleria jump through a void portal and Vereesa after a few days of waiting sends the Silver Covenant in after her)

it makes it so they officially join the alliance and gives us a viable reason to not have "untainted" high elves. (because other then Vereesa they'd all be blood or void, other then a few outliers)

As it is now, void elves are kind of random without much lore, doing the above would have given them all the Silver Covenants lore and gave them a solid base to work from, instead they'll have to build them up from the ground.

edit: it also would give blizzard the ability to play out the scenario, of high elves being "corrupted" after quite a few made comments about how tainted blood elves are, after looking down their nose at them.

This honestly makes so much sense that the only reason I think they didn't go that way was that they have something else planned for them in the future, playable or not.

08/26/2018 01:30 PMPosted by Menard

I told you last night to DELETE this dirty thought! Please! D:

lol it's all in good fun.

Y'know I was going to be content and happy with the third Windrunner sister being the leader but HOT DAMN I'll take that instead.
No they don't, OP.

The Silver Covenant are just the most egregious, undeniable example that a workable High Elf faction that's loyal to the Alliance already exists. But I hate to break it to you, they're not the only Alliance High Elves.
08/26/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Alamara
So, I leave the forums for months, only to return and find out that the high elf requests haven't died out.

Good.
Never have, never will... until they're added, of course.
08/26/2018 01:32 PMPosted by Garrondorf

Nope, then you'll have a different version of helf threads show up...from the people who don't want the Alliance to have helfs.