Is there anything actually being ADDED in this expansion?

General Discussion
They've added a whole lot of Meh' to the game. WOD Part Deux incoming!
08/09/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Draugo
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/battle-for-azeroth

Seriously, the feature list is on this very website.
The easy response to this is a large portion of what Blizzard calls "features" everyone else sees as fluff filler of no substance.

2 new areas is cool and all, but there are no new spells/game mechanics that really change anything. Azerite is a rip off of artifacts with Class tier and legendary effects all slapped into one thing. Not a great advancement, feels like a step backwards.

War mode is a QOL change that won't effect a significant portion of the player base since PVE realms were already a thing. Not everyone on a PVE realm is going to swap on War Mode and not everyone on a PVP realm will turn is off.

Allied Races are cosmetic and not actually adding anything past that to the game. They do have some interesting racials.

Speaking of cosmetic, they removed tier sets and promised higher quality replacements. Obviously art is subjective but the general opinion seems to be the raid sets are not up to the expectation set by blizzard removing tier.

Massive steps back in game play with the GCD change, they progressively removed it off some spells for a reason.

More spells and talents removed. Play styles for most specs is largely the same. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but the way they went about keeping those play styles is. When you have to give up things to keep what you had its never a good trade off when you are expecting an increase in ability.

They haven't solved the issue of World Quests being utterly useless once you are past the gear they offer.

The story line... well i won't even go there. To say the least its divisive but largely not well received.

They are trying very hard to go back to a vanilla feel, and failing on every single count.
The quality of the leveling experience is a joke. They had no regard for current content for prepatch, everything was broken.

This is just my opinion, but its not one that will be a surprise. Its been shared by many others on these forums. The list goes on and on and on.
Ok so a lot of content obviously but just Allied Races and the Island Expeditions for new PvE features?

I didn't know they were removing tier sets and replacing them with fewer armor sets as well. Feels like for everything we gain we lose 10 things to compensate.
08/09/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Korgg
War Mode, War Fronts, Island Expeditions, and then the normal new zones and raids, etc.
Sounds like a crapton on content even more then legion out of the gate sold!!!!!!!
08/09/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Kaelenia
Ok so a lot of content obviously but just Allied Races and the Island Expeditions for new PvE features?

I didn't know they were removing tier sets and replacing them with fewer armor sets as well. Feels like for everything we gain we lose 10 things to compensate.
Instead of only sets coming from raids they are putting them else where as well sounds good to me means more mogs overall.
08/09/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Kaelenia
I feel like removing World Quest groups was some sort of proverbial last straw for me to understand this expansion. I'm not someone who religiously follows what's happening in an expansion so I'm honestly confused.

Besides PvP features what are they actually adding that's PvE?
Azerite isn't going to fill the hole from set bonus/legendaries/artifacts from what I've heard. There basically isn't anything neat or new for classes. Also nothing big like the addition of Mythic+ right?

It's just....Allied races? That's it?

EDIT: Seems my question was too vague. I mean like new features/content types. I know a lot of content is being added.

New slutmogs, that's all we care for!!
08/09/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Akaru
Pretty sure they mean new Features. Not the usual additions. Like in Legion when they added mythic+, or Challenge mods in MoP. As far as I can tell, warfronts and island expiditions. As long as they remain past now. First time a new feature was PvP oriented. Nothing else that I can tell

Pretty much this. Also, Island Expeditions are just renamed MOP Scenarios (which a ton of people hated) with supposed new AI that is just as crappy as the old one.

Warfronts are incredibly boring PVE crapfests, and there is a grand total of ONE of them at launch. After the general reaction to them on Beta, I have a feeling it's going to be a big enough failure that there won't be more than 1.

So yeah. Basically, we get a renamed feature from MOP that a lot of people hated, a single PVE instance that is likely going to be DOA, and some of the normal stuff you get every expansion.

I say some, because this is the first expansion where we haven't had tier sets or any new abilities for the classes for the new 10 levels, so its even below-average on this point.

Azurite trash is literally Netherlight Crucible 2.0, except not as powerful. To even suggest that it replaces even one of artifact/legendaries/tier sets is a joke, let alone all of them. They are 99% number based passives that have 0 effect on your rotation.
Changing the face of Kalimdor and EK, adding Kul Tiras and Zandalar, warfronts all over the place, island expeditions... there will be plenty to do. All the people that say they're not gonna take part in it totally are.
08/09/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Revaks
08/09/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Talothir
By contrast, they're removing features such as:

- Artifact trees
- (Some) artifact abilities
- Mage Tower
- Auto-LFG Features
- Master Loot
- Non-GCD cooldowns
- Guild Rank Customization

- Azerite gear will provide options similar to what Artifacts did, just not as many buttons to push.

Every expansion removes some abilities. No biggie. They also already said they'll add something similar to mage tower in BfA. Relax.

The rest of the list are inconveniences, at best. You can hold up a sign and protest them all you want, but like you said, it's not content that's being removed.
I would be ok if they added something like magetower but based around 2 to 3 players atleast i want a mmo not a single player game lol.
Hmm.. let's see... we get small ferries as a means of transportation, we get the scrapper for profession materials, tanks get a more "immersive" experience with the threat nerfs, island expeditions which are really just incredibly boring and repetitive scenarios, hunters can tame bees and horses, at 120 we get a whole new frustrating experience of being significantly weaker than we were from 110-119, we get a shiny new necklace with a limitless grind associated with it, we will now have two chances at extra loot per week since that 3rd bonus roll was just too much for us to handle.

There are very few things to look forward to, at least from my beta experience, however I'm sure a certain horde mvp will be in here soon to tell us all about the new and exciting content and features we are being blessed with.