Suramar is on the frontlines now

Story Forum
Just one quick look at the world map shows that Suramar is a major port that can be isolated and destroyed before meaningful reinforcements from the horde . But only so long as the alliance strikes quickly. By quickly destroying the archan'dor and having a strict blockade, you won't even have to risk alliance lives, let the withered population expand out of control and the few citizens remaining will be fighting for their lives against their own. This neutralizes a dagger to Stormwind's throat and destroys an enemy faction with minimal losses.

Any horde relief efforts can be waylaid by the Vindicaar and the superior alliance navy. They only need to hold long enough for the arcwine reserves of the nightborne to dry up and they either seek terms (A crushing indemnity and the abdication and capture of their leadership) or die.
Yeah, well, my dad can beat up your dad!
Aaaand it'll never be touched, because Blizzard is done with the Broken Isles.
can you imagine, the nightborne paying consequences for choosing a side?
In seriousness, if we keep razing each other's cities, peace will never logically come to fruition, no matter who is on either throne. Unless Blizz really shoehorns it in. Which they might. Sigh.
"You thought you were going to enter a new age of peace and reintegration with the world you were locked away from! But it was me! Sylvanas!"
08/11/2018 06:16 PMPosted by Londic
Just one quick look at the world map shows that Suramar is a major port that can be isolated and destroyed before meaningful reinforcements from the horde . But only so long as the alliance strikes quickly. By quickly destroying the archan'dor and having a strict blockade, you won't even have to risk alliance lives, let the withered population expand out of control and the few citizens remaining will be fighting for their lives against their own. This neutralizes a dagger to Stormwind's throat and destroys an enemy faction with minimal losses.

Any horde relief efforts can be waylaid by the Vindicaar and the superior alliance navy. They only need to hold long enough for the arcwine reserves of the nightborne to dry up and they either seek terms (A crushing indemnity and the abdication and capture of their leadership) or die.

What? The Highmountain are Right there. And the Nightbourne have tons of mages who specialize in teleportation...
08/11/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Waygu
08/11/2018 06:16 PMPosted by Londic

What? The Highmountain are Right there. And the Nightbourne have tons of mages who specialize in teleportation...

Teleportation as it works in game is not as common in the lore world, otherwise we are basically chalking up all the dead civilians in Darnassus to people too lazy to just use their hearthstones or walk into the never closing portals that are everywhere.

Suramar is separated from Highmountain by a large mountain range, and if the alliance neutralize the main port on the broken isles they can bypass Highmountain entirely. Do the Highmountain tauren have a fleet? If the goal is to win the war Suramar is strategically important, Highmountain is not.
...and the superior alliance navy.

Yeah... About that....
Might need a new one come monday.
08/11/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Mystaerica
"You thought you were going to enter a new age of peace and reintegration with the world you were locked away from! But it was me! Sylvanas!"

At this point, a Scooby Doo ending would be the best I can imagine.
08/11/2018 06:46 PMPosted by Ninh
...and the superior alliance navy.

Yeah... About that....

I mean the Vindicaar by itself is enough, it could literally hold its own against an infinite of number of demon ships, I'm sure the barely seaworthy horde canoes aren't going to pose much of a threat.
08/11/2018 06:49 PMPosted by Jandarus
08/11/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Mystaerica

At this point, a Scooby Doo ending would be the best I can imagine.

Hey Genn, want a Scooby Snack?
08/11/2018 06:49 PMPosted by Londic
I mean the Vindicaar by itself is enough, it could literally hold its own against an infinite of number of demon ships, I'm sure the barely seaworthy horde canoes aren't going to pose much of a threat.

Goblins make pool toys into anti-dragon ammunition, I'm pretty sure anything the Horde does is a serious threat to the Vindicaar.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yeah... About that....

How sure?

At this rate, Blizzard might have Sylvanas send an invisible goose into the Vindicaar's engines, sending it crashing into the sea.

Shes always planning.
Wouldn't this be the same kind of "genocide" as the Burning of Teldrassil?

I mean, you're literally dropping an atomic bomb (destroying the arcan'dor) on a specific race of people (the Nightborne) and then isolating them until their pseudo-zombie apocalypse brings them to extinction.

Hell, this might be even worse than the Burning because you're talking about putting them into a giant concentration camp where they will inherently be degenerating into madness and eventual death. All while also falling into the classification of genocide because Suramar is the only place where you'll find Nightborne. Honestly, I think that's an even more significant war crime because it is civilization-wide torture of a large civilian population.

Sure, there is an argument to be made that it's justified in response to Sylvanas' actions but that would be mighty hypocritical for the Alliance that's spent weeks condemning the Horde for being morally black evil.

Just sayin'.
08/11/2018 06:58 PMPosted by Vivehk
Wouldn't this be the same kind of "genocide" as the Burning of Teldrassil?

I mean, you're literally dropping an atomic bomb (destroying the arcan'dor) on a specific race of people (the Nightborne) and then isolating them until their pseudo-zombie apocalypse brings them to extinction.

Hell, this might be even worse than the Burning because you're talking about putting them into a giant concentration camp where they will inherently be degenerating into madness and eventual death. All while also falling into the classification of genocide because Suramar is the only place where you'll find Nightborne. Honestly, I think that's an even more significant war crime because it is civilization-wide torture of a large civilian population.

Sure, there is an argument to be made that it's justified in response to Sylvanas' actions but that would be mighty hypocritical for the Alliance that's spent weeks condemning the Horde for being morally black evil.

Just sayin'.

Our character regardless of race or class is a soldier. The morality can be debated by sophists siting in their comfortable seats generations from now secured by the blood of men willing to do what is necessary to win a war against death.
Sometimes I wonder if Blizzard is going to just handwave the Vindicaar is just plain out of gas.

Although to be honest the Vindicaar laser sees fairly regular useage if you're running a Lightborne.
08/11/2018 06:54 PMPosted by Cursewords

How sure?

At this rate, Blizzard might have Sylvanas send an invisible goose into the Vindicaar's engines, sending it crashing into the sea.

Shes always planning.

The way blizzard writes, it would probably be catapults in orgrimmar shooting plague barrels that manage to fly through the portals on the vindicaar and destroys all of Stormwind...
08/11/2018 07:03 PMPosted by Seiryu
Sometimes I wonder if Blizzard is going to just handwave the Vindicaar is just plain out of gas.

I'd like them to address it, its this massive lightforged elephant in the room that makes every alliance defeat look like pure stupidity when we have this massive trump card waiting in the wings.
You realise that the Nightborne only need to eat the fruit of the Arc'andor once right and then they are good from then on. With the loss of the Nightwell it is probably safe to assume that the Arc'andor is producing enough fruit now to manage stabilising the Nightborne population since it is now the only way to deal with their addiction. Once everyone has had one of the fruit that is the end of Withering.

For that matter, considering the Nightborne seem close to the most advanced race when it comes to teleportation magics, I wouldn't rule out the Nightborne being able to set up a teleportation system with the other horde races to provide supplies. Add to this the fact that you have had Nightborne mapping Azeroth's leylines since the moment they got free of the Legion.

I think Suramar would be a far less easy target than a lot of people assume and that is ignoring the fact that frankly Blizzard probably won't bother even touching the Broken Isles again any time soon. If another Horde or Alliance city burns it will be either the newest ones (Zandalar/Boralis) or one of the old ones.