Launch Day Tips

Wyrmrest Accord
Don't push yourself too hard! Be sure to stay hydrated, eat, and sleep. If you find yourself losing track of time set a reminder on your phone to alert you when to take a break.

You guys can post your other launch day tips, I just wanted an excuse to remind people not to become launch day game zombies.
Don't be surprised if launch is pushed back.

Don't be surprised at lag, queues or glitchy quests.

If we get a DDOS, don't panic, just go watch some Youtube for an hour or so.

Make sure you're in War Mode if you want to be or not in War Mode if you don't want to be.
If the intro zones are so insanely crowded you can't get quest objectives due to competition, be willing to do something else--either old content or something out of game entirely. It'll be a lot calmer in even just a week, when the rush subsides.
Even if you have no intention of using War Mode for the rest of the expansion, you're probably going to want to turn it on for at least this first day of leveling, because for the next 12-24 hours it will ultimately be a FREE 10% exp boost.

So long as you're actually with the initial group leveling exactly from Launch that is. I would expect the first 120s on both factions to crop up by late Tuesday or early Wednesday, at which point if you're not a normal War Mode player, you might not want to use it anymore because only then will the threat of being ganked actually be real.

This is because Blizz has separated the factions for the leveling experience this expansion. You should not encounter any Horde players until they start hitting 120 and come over to Kul Tiras for World Quests.
08/13/2018 08:14 AMPosted by Eklund
I just wanted an excuse to remind people not to become launch day game zombies.

Too late!
Prepare lunch for launch and go to the luncheon.
Great idea!

Was thinking along the lines of game/life balance... as work/life balance has been a point of interest through my employer lately. With the coming of the new patch and huge amount of content, I'm sure I won't be the only one to want to sit down and power through it.

My plan is to get in at least an hour of exercise/housework in per day before logging into the PC, while ensuring I have ample time for family as well. Gotta keep everyone happy. :)
08/13/2018 08:56 AMPosted by Urivial
Even if you have no intention of using War Mode for the rest of the expansion, you're probably going to want to turn it on for at least this first day of leveling, because for the next 12-24 hours it will ultimately be a FREE 10% exp boost.

The quest givers and starting zones will be chaotic war zones. I'd only recommend this one if you really enjoy and like PvP. However if you really like pvp then Silithus is the place to be during launch.
08/13/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Eklund

The quest givers and starting zones will be chaotic war zones. I'd only recommend this one if you really enjoy and like PvP. However if you really like pvp then Silithus is the place to be during launch.

Huh, maybe you know something about it all that I don't!

To be fair, I haven't played the Beta at all, so it's mostly second hand knowledge, but I could have sworn that the two factions were completely separated from one another in the 110-119 leveling experience.

Is this not the case?
08/13/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Urivial

Huh, maybe you know something about it all that I don't!

To be fair, I haven't played the Beta at all, so it's mostly second hand knowledge, but I could have sworn that the two factions were completely separated from one another in the 110-119 leveling experience.

Is this not the case?

To be honest, I'm not actually sure, but I'm sure they'll be a fair share of hunting on both sides.

Why Silithus? What's the deal with that for launch?

However, DO NOT turn it on for the first quest that sends you to Silithus. You're just going to get killed by a large mob of players.
08/13/2018 09:06 AMPosted by Eklund
To be honest, I'm not actually sure, but I'm sure they'll be a fair share of hunting on both sides.

I imagine so as well, but I assumed people wouldn't even be able to GET over to the other Faction's Isles until they hit level cap and received a quest that sent them over. Hence why I suggested using War Mode for the first 12-24 hours of the expansion heh.

08/13/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Sylfdra
However, DO NOT turn it on for the first quest that sends you to Silithus. You're just going to get killed by a large mob of players.

Now THIS is good to know, I had no idea that the first quest of the expansion sent you to Silithus and not straight to Kul Tiras!

Are we getting our Azerite Artifact IMMEDIATELY in this new expansion and that's why?
I know that this isn't what was intended, and I certainly don't care. But from where the conversation has gone, you might want to spoiler tag this for the next few hours for those who do care. :)
I'm not going to play the first couple days. Going to wait so I can quest with my questing partner like always! So by next tuesday i'm sure the opening areas will be alittle less laggy and packed, less 15 people fighting over such and such. The Hard Core crew that get to 120 in 90 minutes will have moved on to other games and only log on to do their dailys.

I hope for everyone else things go smoothly and we don't get the 15 minute restart that becomes 2.....4....12 hours long.
I really hope people were just kidding about the threats people were making about griefing quest hubs and lagging servers.

My tip though is....
NO SPOILERS!
You know for those of us who aren't going off to quest on hour one, or might have jobs-family life who can't enjoy the first day of expansionee goodness.
If you make a post that discuesses something really plot important, maybe tag it with SPOILER!

Have fun Wyrmrest Accord!
Don't forget to poop!
Stock up on goblin gliders and bear tar tar. Having a movement buff and a something to traverse the game will make it a lot faster for your 110-120 grind.

Also, shower.
Be sure to arrange your talents in a way that is leveling friendly. Icy veins builds aren't always the best for running through new world content!
08/13/2018 09:14 AMPosted by Kiethoo

My tip though is....
NO SPOILERS!
You know for those of us who aren't going off to quest on hour one, or might have jobs-family life who can't enjoy the first day of expansionee goodness.
If you make a post that discuesses something really plot important, maybe tag it with SPOILER!

Have fun Wyrmrest Accord!

Has blizzard added anyway to do black out spoiler boxes and texts for Forums yet? I don't post often enough so not familiar with how to do that if it's even possible.
Turn the in-game music on instead of whatever bad EDM you have playing normally.