Picking a class

General Discussion
Why is it so hard? Literally haven't played at all cause I can't figure out what class/faction to roll. Ideas?
I read the title as 'Picking a dress' for some reason. I was about to suggest a nice floral print.
Follow your instincts/believe in the heart of the cards.

First pick a role. Do you want to heal, do damage or tank?

If you want to dps do you want to be melee or ranged?

After you've answered those questions look up some youtube videos on classes and pick what sounds the best to you.
If you haven't played a Druid, or you have and you're currently not playing a Druid, then you really should be playing a Druid. ♥
08/21/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Woodspath
I read the title as 'Picking a dress' for some reason. I was about to suggest a nice floral print.

You know, that won't be bad advice in general. Noted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfqNH3FoGi0
Write down the name of every class you're interested in on a scrap of paper.

Shuffle them and draw a random one.

If you don't like it, throw that one away and repeat the process until you land on one you like.

(Injecting randomness into a process like this is often very helpful because your first gut reaction when you get your random result will tell you something. Often, you'll be either excited or disappointed, even though you thought you didn't have a meaningful opinion.)
If you would like to make people angry pick Rogue.
If you would like people to feel sorry for you pick shaman.
If you would like to feel sorry for everyone else pick Pally.
If you like to make a lot of noise and then promptly die pick Warrior.
08/21/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Vandrake

LOL, NICE.

I do like pallies but heard there's like 2 million of them running around so probably not really the most recruited/needed class.
I'm always thinking this mate. You not alone. While I am Alliance first, picking a class on other hand is hard.
My current main and most time on is my Ret paladin. I like my Paladin. He is melee, paladin was always melee, He can use swords, paladin are knights, Human can be paladin, simple skill set BUT Ret is dull, boring, slow.
I've try most melee classes but Ret i really really like. Right now I'm trying Surv hunter. That a very fun spec/class but it not a knight/warrior which I always must play in games.
And I'm a mainoholic. ocd
Yea I have seen sevreal other pallies while going through and doing things......though I think Pretty much all them have been Protection or Holy I do not think I have run into any other ret pallies yet. Almost makes me wish I had Level boosted one of my other characters but this was my first toon from back before BC came out and she has seen max level content since I think Cata maybe wrath cant remember when I switched over to my rouge XD.
Because they are all stripped down and boring now.
I always go by class lore.

If you have a particular affinity towards a particular class fantasy i.e wizard or warrior it will help a lot.
I do have a preference for healing, with the big changes to Disc I'm worried I won't be able to "figure it out".

I think I'm still burnt on druid from TBC and Wrath.

I heard shamans are pretty eh right now.

So from what I've been told Hpally > Disc > MW > Rdruid > Shaman > Holy Priest - is this fairly accurate? I'd like to be wanted by a decent guild.
for me it was hard and I leveled my hunter to 119 before swaping to shaman only to go back to hunter. so I understand your pain... but friend the true answer is play it and youll figure it out like I did though here is my list of steps important in picking a class.

1. FANTASY... who do you wanna be in the world of warcraft. basically along the lines of what super powers do you want to have in real life. for example honestly ask your self if you could have shaman powers in reall life would that be cool

1a. what role do you want to serve. do you wanna be a healer aiding random people while you quest keeping your team liv, a tank leading the charge like a badass, a big *!*%%*#* dps telling the leader to kick the scrubs, or a small *!*%%*#* dps, because no matter what it dosent matter as long as your havin fun

2. make sure the flow and rythem of a class gameplay is fun to you(though this is as important as you make it to be)

3. make sure you look up or know what the classes actually do, and im not talking roles here, im talkin of things like how...

warlocks can summon people and Deamons make health stones and soul shard somone for a battle resurection
priests can control MINDS, and levitate, aswell as see what people see though mind vision, which is fun to whisper !@#$ with people or give people gold in winter viel times
hunters can tame and comand pets of a wide variaety, and set traps,
shamans can far sight, have a second charge for there hearth walk on water,
druids have flight form, water form, travel form for your friends to ride along, stealth, and acess to all roles
rogues can stealth bribe npcs to fight for them for a time, and pickpocket for extra gold,
warriors can victory rush gaining back health every time they kill something.
Death knights can summon dead
monks can run away like %^-*!es, and res people as any spec and meditate for exp boost
deamon hunters can trun into a demon man and glide around as well as see stealth and double jump,
mages can summon portals, and negate fall damage
palidans can bubble @#$%^ hearth like pussys throw out defensives and off heal

if i forgot a class its because its useless and nobady likes it but you

so thats pretty much it i always say choose the class that has the coolest fantasy to you dont look at the numbers just look at whats cool and have fun playin personally i love hunter theres nothing like leveling and runing through the world with your pet buddie at your side, and trap and flare a rogue (I've played it for years), but even still with maghar being able to be preists i just dont know what ill be. that should hopefully help you narrow it down to something youll start playing though, and t=dont be afraid of trying diffrent classes or giving up on one half way through leveling it
08/21/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Return
08/21/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Vandrake

LOL, NICE.

I do like pallies but heard there's like 2 million of them running around so probably not really the most recruited/needed class.

If you tank or heal you will be.
08/21/2018 06:25 PMPosted by Miwok
08/21/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Return

LOL, NICE.

If you tank or heal you will be.

Hmm maybe paladin then?