I hate to say it

Arenas
08/22/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Brà
I stated this In the other forums and I’ll repeat it here. Wow pvp is not balanced in the first place. I’m not saying give up on balancing but when blizzard tries to simplify balancing its usually at the cost of customization (templates, talent change from wotlk->cata, removal of reforging/glyphs.)

Wow pvp to me is the culmination of skill, gear, ingenuity, finesse, and expression. How your character is built/xmogged/gemmed can create unique nuances. Some people aren’t trying to be the best they are just trying to have fun. I am extremely glad That templates were removed and gearing matters in pvp and I don’t even PvE.

Templates were all right, however, the game became more stale and boring. I mean having a fair match is fine and dandy but there wasn’t really a point to log in other then to do arena which made me afk in Dalaran for a majority of my time in Legion.
08/22/2018 06:49 AMPosted by Bignumbers
people expect to ignore 95% of a game's content and still have a more powerful character than somebody that plays all of it.

except nobody expects that. all we want is to be at an even playing field when it comes to PvP.
keep PvE gear more powerful in PvE and PvP gear more powerful in PvP.
the WoD system wasn't flawless, but it was one of our best ones and there was no actual reason to remove it.
08/22/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Twurt
08/22/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Brà
I stated this In the other forums and I’ll repeat it here. Wow pvp is not balanced in the first place. I’m not saying give up on balancing but when blizzard tries to simplify balancing its usually at the cost of customization (templates, talent change from wotlk->cata, removal of reforging/glyphs.)

Wow pvp to me is the culmination of skill, gear, ingenuity, finesse, and expression. How your character is built/xmogged/gemmed can create unique nuances. Some people aren’t trying to be the best they are just trying to have fun. I am extremely glad That templates were removed and gearing matters in pvp and I don’t even PvE.

Templates were all right, however, the game became more stale and boring. I mean having a fair match is fine and dandy but there wasn’t really a point to log in other then to do arena which made me afk in Dalaran for a majority of my time in Legion.

To me a fair match is 1v1. To blizzard and most players a fair match is 3v3 no engineering no potions etc.

I’d rather fight a warrior with deathbringers will and shadowmourne with the wotlk ele shaman then fight a template rogue 1v1 as an ele in legion. Outplaying in my opinion is about knowledge as well as skill and effort put into the game.
08/22/2018 02:06 PMPosted by Indiscipline
people expect to ignore 95% of a game's content and still have a more powerful character than somebody that plays all of it.

except nobody expects that. all we want is to be at an even playing field when it comes to PvP.
the WoD system wasn't flawless, but it was one of our best ones and there was no actual reason to remove it.

Life aint fair so get over it cupcake.

Put in the work and get better at the game or maybe you should go play an fps..
zero chance, ill be steady chilling in duro/logged out til they fix this sht
08/22/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Nipsxo

resorting to personal attacks eh? you don't know much about my life, so... stop. you're making a fool of yourself, sunshine.
i'm a mythic raider, i could as well just ask for PvE gear to be stronger in PvP... but no. i want it fair for PvPers, so they can have vendors and min-max their gear, which results in the game having a bigger space for actual skill and less space for "who slays more dragons".
i'm paying for this game and i will keep voicing my opinion, thank you and have a good day!
08/22/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Nipsxo

You're right, we shouldn't put in our feedback about a game we bought and also pay 15 a month to play.

How dumb can you be?
I can't believe people are actually defending this lmao. Absolute mongs. PvP gear should always be the best for PvP and vice versa for PvE gear in PvE.
08/22/2018 10:36 AMPosted by Reqyweqy
08/22/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Chrisbillson
Your inability to play a single class for more than a week has nothing to do with the state of the game nor the challenges to gearing things.
It has precisely everything to do with the state of class design, If I was happy on 1 class for an entire expansion I'd be much less against being forced to pve on occasion to min max.

Too bad class design is !@#$.

This is the current problem with participation in general. Class design has largely made PvP unenjoyable. There's also the separation of gearing paths, which is why I've advocated for a system like WotLK where T2 PvP weapons were BiS through and sometimes beyond the most current raid tier.
08/22/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Charsi
I can't believe people are actually defending this lmao. Absolute mongs. PvP gear should always be the best for PvP and vice versa for PvE gear in PvE.

I mean, if it goes back to that I couldn't care less. It'd benefit me since I don't have a schedule that realistically works for mythic-tier raiding, even if it looks fun to me. Right now I'm okay with having a few less % in X, Y, and Z secondary stats as it's nothing game breaking, which is why I don't get all the crying on here. I made a choice to play an MMORPG and came to terms with the fact that my character won't be as strong as somebody who has more time to invest into the game over a decade ago; and let me tell you, the issue between PvP and PvE gear was much more pronounced back then.
Legion pve was actually pretty fun. Hadn’t done any raids since the first half of college (wotlk). The bfa dungeons are all pretty fun and well put together imo.

Man, go play a different game. I don't mean to be rude, but most of you complaining are the exact type of players that lead to garbage like paid server transfers, dungeon finder, LFR, etc. that removed all semblance of traditional MMO elements that caused the game to start bleeding subs in the first place. Also, none of you want an even playing field in PvP. If you did you'd be arguing for homogenization of stats for every spec across the board, because that's the only way you guarantee what you want. Instead this forum did the exact opposite.
I'll peel the onion back a bit more for everyone.

It makes sense that this is an MMO, and that PvE content is the focus of what the game is. I also respect that PvP-only gear takes away from the focus of the MMO. Fine.

However, for me personally, as my career took off (as in, real life job) I just could not dedicate myself to the grind. I started to spend more time in PvP because I could not spend 4 hrs raiding on a given night, nor spend all the time grinding for PvE objectives. I got my gaming fix doing PvP with breaks in between queueing, as it allowed for more freedom to fit playing WoW into my real life grind.

So essentially, I would be considered a casual. And I suspect that many of my fellow PvP players also fit into that category. Ultimately, what we're discovering is that Blizzard is not going to relent on its focus on deep content for more hardcore players, leaving casual for not so much to do. WPvP sounds like a good bone thrown at us, but I don't see much more happening beyond that.

I'm still going to play this expac a bit, but I think I'm going to unsubscribe a couple of months in, just as I did with Legion. I played for maybe 1/4 of that expac.

My Steam library on the other hand is really interesting!
08/21/2018 10:36 PMPosted by Sícarii
Pve has always been fun the first few times through.
Then.
It's not.

That's the problem.

That completely depends on the person. I have been enjoying PvE content in this game since Wrath and still enjoy it to this day. With that being said I played arena exclusively in Cata and MoP with some PvE on the side. I also used to be in love with PvP because of how high the skill ceiling is. With the combination of PvE content being challenging, fulfilling and rewarding, and PvP being dumbed down due to class design and pruning, I enjoy PvE so much more now than PvP. Arena is a shadow of its former self which is sad, and that boils down strictly to class design.
08/22/2018 02:29 AMPosted by Protnshock
08/21/2018 10:25 PMPosted by Bignumbers

Yes, you should. You play a !@#$%^- MMORPG, not an arena shooter.

Sorry but I am here to !@#$ing stack bodies, get glad mounts and %^-* !@#$%es. Not go dragon slaying role-playing.

Keep PvE seperate from PvP.

Edit: Btw you can get up to 355 IL gear (Titan Forged) From random BG's. 10/10 can confirm. If you wanna go grind your face into the wall and stack bodies just spam them BG's or skrims.

That’s a big dream for pillars hugger.