Why are Players Jealous of Ion?

General Discussion
08/24/2018 03:04 AMPosted by Kuranna
08/24/2018 02:42 AMPosted by Santeriä

The difference is with food products we are willing to give them the benefit of the doubt if something went wrong.

Do you ask the CEO of McDonalds to quit or get fired if you don't like one of the new items added to the menu???

No.

And since nobody is asking for Bobby Kotick to quit or get fired I'm not sure what your point is.

My point is you all need to throw someone under the bus out of jealousy when the truth is there are many involved with the direction the company wants to take with WoW. If you don't understand that, then you don't have business telling a multibillion dollar corporation who to specifically fire when you have no clue what the company wants.
Yeah, I'm sure a lot of us forum dwellers were waiting for the call to come and take over direction of WoW.

What freaking jealousy lol.

Ion is no better or worse than Metzen was.
I HATE Ion. It's not jealousy, it's malice and hatred. It started in MoP, but amplified in WoD, and then escalated even more now.
I'm not jealous of him- and I don't dislike him. I don't know him.

I don't really care about him either way. Maybe if I met him and we were friends, I would have an opinion.

As of now, I feel about him like I would a waiter in a restaurant. He's just doing his job and as long as he does it well, he gets my business- if he does it poorly he doesn't. Nothing personal.

I find it a bit disturbing how personally some people take things. It seems as though some have trouble distinguishing between the fiction/game and reality. Spending all your time in game does not make you any "closer" to the devs... or friends with them... or anything to them.
The forums are just a hateful place
When someone is white knighting so hard they go clear.
08/24/2018 01:28 AMPosted by Santeriä
All I see is hate and negativity on the forums about him. In reality, he has been a part of the team for a long time and has improved raid and encounter design over the years. We all enjoy dungeons and raids, but never hear any players thanking him for a more enjoyable experience there.

I've only seen all of this toxicity pop up when it was announced he would be the Game Director, which leads me to believe there are a lot of jealous people out there. There is a difference between feedback and simply trash talking about an individual.

They do listen to feedback!

On behalf of the players that still enjoy the game, I thank Ion and the Devs for providing us quality entertainment.

I have nothing personal against the guy, I have no reason to.

That being said, IMHO he is a step BACKWARDS to Ghostcrawler and the entire focus on Dungeons/Raiding/PvP.

THe first time I took issue with him is the iLevel scaling and the idea that players are happy to be forced into Mythics or PvP. It seems he fails to see a large percentage of people do not play this game to raid/mythic dungeon/ PvP.

He seems to be focusing on a small percentage like GC did. We had to go through this before and GC had to walk back. It took a long time for the game to recover at all and it never fully did.
He seem to not be able to be creative and think outside of the box. Like wod gave him a template to use and was partially design by Ghostcrawler. Then he was able to keep that same system xand expand about it fully realizing its potential in Legion. He gets all the credit foe that.

But now we are in BFA and once again its the same system but actually tone down.

Vanilla ,TBC, WotLK,Cata and Mop and WOd all felt like a complete different game mechanic wise each very different from the other. However... Wod ,legion and bfa is the same exact thing.

Sure it's remixed in different ways but its the same skeleton and bones we know of.

He a good dev but hes not very creative and probaly doesn't have visions.

Its not a bad thing. He's steady but it will be showing its age when a gameplay style become a standard. All other wow expac felt fresh and diff because of their dev creativity and visions.
08/24/2018 01:39 AMPosted by Amadori
Jealously is picking on like his personal life than what we hate about all the changes in the game.

Lets put like this, if I was the caption of a ship and I went to sleep to let my crew take over and it crash into a rock, I still get the blame for it. That is what leadership is.

I don’t know. Seems pretty irresponsible to put a caption in charge of a ship.
Got no problem with the guy. I do wish he'd wear a lapel-mic during those Q&A's though. :p Lore is okay with a handheld mic, but Ion is not. Too close. Too far. Head turned can't hear as well... turn it up... suddenly too close again; turn it down too late; now he's holding it far away again.
You're mistaking jealousy for loathing. And my loathing is due to lawyer-boy being a lying rat's ... well, I'd rather not get banned today so I won't finish that sentence.
Jealous that he works for Blizzard and I don't? Nahhhh, with the way how they give us updates, I don't even want to know the nightmare the IT department has to deal with.
Ion could be handling out 100 dollar bills and people would complain that the bills were crumbled.
I think you gotta brush up on your definition of jealousy, OP. I wouldn't categorize any feedback that I've read as jealous.

Jealous
adjective
feeling or showing envy of someone or their achievements and advantages
People are jealous because Ion gets to spend so much time with Josh.
Google jealousy
All I see is hate and negativity on the forums about him. In reality, he has been a part of the team for a long time and has improved raid and encounter design over the years. We all enjoy dungeons and raids, but never hear any players thanking him for a more enjoyable experience there.

I've only seen all of this toxicity pop up when it was announced he would be the Game Director, which leads me to believe there are a lot of jealous people out there. There is a difference between feedback and simply trash talking about an individual.

On behalf of the players that still enjoy the game, I thank Ion and the Devs for providing us quality entertainment.

Ion can simultaneously improve raid/encounter design while not being suited to be director. Those things are not mutually exclusive. Sometimes people are just in over their head dude, it happens ...and usually it's obvious.

Honestly I could not disagree more about his performance as game director.

However, I'm not completely blind to see that he has done some good for the game. Lfd, lfr, zones, leveling, treasures, dailies (2.0) all these things have improved over his tenure and the game has gotten better in some respects.

But they game has gotten much, much, worse in other regards. Far more than it has gotten better to a core type of player. They are "tweaking" core aspects or a lot of peoples game play, and by "tweaking" they mean completely destroying. Forced personal loot, the inability to trade ilevel upgrades in a guild organization, time gating core expansions content features like allied races, boring and unimaginative content like selfie cams, island expeditions, and pet battles (yes I went there).

The problem I personally have is his complete inability to predict things that are bad for the game that they then have to change and just chalk it up to "our bad" and the only obvious reply is "well no **** sherlock" the most recent being the inability to trade azerite pieces.
Cant say im jealous of Ion all of the pressure thats on him and the hate he gets, no thanks
I’m not jealous of him. I’ve got a good job in my own career field. I do however disagree with a lot of his philosophies on the game.