Resto Shamon broken?

General Discussion
I am 335 and can't heal for crap. I have been pugging mythics and healing is so below par. Actually horrible. anyone else getting this? I don't even want to play it anymore.
I am on the horde side and haven't seen one bloody healing shaman yet. That must mean they are in a terrible state lol.

I'm sorry.

RIP
A common complaint. Your utility is good, but your healing sucks.
Resto is suffering from the loss of their artifact passives and are getting looked into (as well as elemental, but not to the same extent) in 8.1.

Resto is also highly reliant on their stat weights being correct for the content they are in. At the end of Legion I had something like 5 sets just for different dungeons on top of my standard raiding set. Right now we don't really have the luxury of being able to pick and choose which gear we slap on. It's a constant issue with resto shaman at the start of an expansion since MoP.
The biggest loss IMHO is with Riptide. It only gives 1 stack of Tidal Waves now.
08/26/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Gormosh
The biggest loss IMHO is with Riptide. It only gives 1 stack of Tidal Waves now.

Yeah D:
I'm adjusting but I don't like it. Look forward to the resto shaman power creep once Uldir opens, though.
I main a resto shaman and started doing mythic at about 320. While we aren't as great as other healing classes, we have utility and other tools. Check your talents. I take undulation for 5man content and it makes tank healing a breeze. Use spirit link for a big pull to spread the damage and heal up with chain heal and your other aoe abilities. Stock up on mage food and expect to drink for a few seconds after every pull and just spam your healing abilities, don't worry about conserving since you can eat after each pull. It's not super easy, but 100% doable
08/26/2018 08:54 PMPosted by Arrowmir
I main a resto shaman and started doing mythic at about 320. While we aren't as great as other healing classes, we have utility and other tools. Check your talents. I take undulation for 5man content and it makes tank healing a breeze. Use spirit link for a big pull to spread the damage and heal up with chain heal and your other aoe abilities. Stock up on mage food and expect to drink for a few seconds after every pull and just spam your healing abilities, don't worry about conserving since you can eat after each pull. It's not super easy, but 100% doable

Undulation and Earth Shield sort out your tank healing problems and you talent selection on the bottom 2 teirs sorts out your aoe.

I pugged all of my mythics week one, no issues
I ran all my mythics this week with my guild, no issues.

Did i mention, tremor totem for fear, ranged interrupt on a 12sec CD, the opness that is spirit link and Healing tide totem, An AOE stun, the ability the cast while moving.
thats a shame, i liked my resto in legion even though it was my 2nd spec, i was planning on creating a di dwarf this expac and go resto again
Shaman are in a terrible place right now.
It's because resto shaman was horrendously broken, meaning overpowered, during the entirety of the prepatch.

Can't have shaman actually being good now can we?
08/26/2018 09:10 PMPosted by Titanbeard
thats a shame, i liked my resto in legion even though it was my 2nd spec, i was planning on creating a di dwarf this expac and go resto again

Make it smash or cast shaman.

Dark Iron plus water is anathema.
You have a ranged interrupt while my melee interrupt on a longer cooldown was pruned.

I have no sympathy >:[
I raided as a resto shaman for years. It always seemed like the spec was very weak a the start of an expansion, and then become OP near the end of an expansion. I'm not sure why the class scales that way, but that's typically been the arc.
Shaman seems fine to me. The better your group is the easier it becomes. The majority of damage is avoidable in some capacity.
I mained Resto ever since I started playing this Shaman.

If I can't play Resto, then I won't play Shaman.

08/27/2018 07:02 AMPosted by Tomplspayme
The better your group is the easier it becomes.

Isn't it like that with every class and spec ever?
Enhance is in a good spot, the other two need some help.

I've healed a few instances on my Shaman, and it doesn't seem as strong as its been in the past.
fingers crossed for 8.1
For mythics i'm using earth shied, earthen wall totem, undulation and downpour.

Our AoE is better for raids, on dungeons weh have to focus more on single target healing and mitigation with your earthen wall totem and spirit link totem.
I've cleared every mythic and actually got a couple nice heals comments. Use everything you got, spirit link totem and earth wall totem are my best friends when big damage comes.