It's time they acknowledged Warmode is a failure...

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
08/27/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Solanaria
Every time I look at a wow pop estimate it shows slightly more ally players than Horde, so I don't know why the insistence that there are more Horde players.

Perhaps there are more Horde players willing to pvp, though. I don't know. I'm not one of them.

Horde do seem more willing to PVP, which is why I transferred this character to Alliance. Now I have an abundance of targets to chose from or avoid depending on the situation. I leveled another character from 110-120 on Horde with Warmode on and can count on one hand the number of Alliance I came across. Now I'm leveling this character with Warmode on and see Horde everywhere.
I thought all the horde players faction changed to Alliance after the Sylvanas warbringer?
08/27/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Marlaina

I noticed that you were asked for a source and despite the amount of time you spent crafting a post to say "I am right you'll see." you did not provide any sources to validate your argument's foundation.

I wouldn't expect a citation.

I don't actually. I just always try to give a person a good fighting chance to prove they are not dodgy. :(
08/27/2018 07:09 PMPosted by Worgheart

Points for a constructive and interesting, if somewhat confusing response. Wish there was more of this.

You want things to be more confusing? That is a good way to keep people from truly analyzing the basis of your opinion.
08/27/2018 07:09 PMPosted by Dendail
I HATE the 10% bonus because too many people pop on warmode for that reason with no intent to actually pvp.

Why does this vex you and others so much? We are at risk so it isn't like gankers don't get to gank us just because we are only in it for the extra xp.
Cant say I agree, finally convinced some friends to war mode on the Ally side with me. We decided we would just go around each zone and just do the world quests as a group of 4.

Best time we've had in WoW in a long time. The ones who HATED Wpvp were even in to it.
Did we grab solo Ally players wandering around? Bet you !@# we did. We never felt the need to camp corpses because our objective was the WQ and Wanted Quests. So we would compleat a quest but if we ran into any Alliance, boom, hunted down.

About 2 or 3 wq later we were all assassins, witch was cool. Then slowly but surely each of us got a marker on the map. #oh$%^-itjustgotreal
It was slow at first but once one of us was marked youd see a group of 2-3 try to sneak up on us and try to grab our marked friends in the middle of taking down an Elite. #damndamndamn
Panic ensued, most of the time we were able to hold them off since we had a dedicated healer. #toogood #getwrecked
Then as we progressed further more and more alliance would come after us, we ran into the same group of 4 allies a few time usually when they were doing a quest or vice versa. #winstreak #fortheHorde
Eventually after terrorizing Stormsong valley for a bit , a huge group of allience came at us from nowhere must of been 8 or 9 of em.
#cry #nofair
Obviously we got wrecked, we tried to rez as a group a few times but it was no use. They camped us for a good 10-15 minutes.
#getalifenewbsgggotcamped
As we sat on our corpses waiting for them to get bored and leave you could see a few try to skirt on the edge of our vision, trying to bait us to rez. #oh*!@#noweaintthatdumn
So we called out to general, and within 2-3 minutes what do we see? A glorious cavalry of Horde soldiers running to our aid, cutting down these vision skirting basterds.
#that'swhatyouget #vengance
We all popped as the the core group of the alliance on or around our bodies started to mount up.
#boyyouthought
Boom pincer movement, our monk heals rushed to heal the incoming group while me and the shaman feared and hexed their team, our paladin chased down any stargelers that managed to get out of range.
#Hordeforlife

By the end of our excursion not only did we get a whole bunch of WQ done we had a shiny new Alliance slayer title and some damn good memories.
Best decision ever, war mode is awsome.
War mode isnt a failure, the faction imbalance is a failure.
I play on Barthilas where horde outnumber ally at least 3-1, its been like this for years. Today after playing on pvp servers since back in vanilla i gave in and turned it off.
Its not just being outnumbered that got to me its the sheer cowardice of the horde.
Win a 1v1 they come back with friends. What really got to me was if youre having a 1v1 which could go either way and another horde arrives rather that sit back and enjoy the spectacle they jump in every time.
Personally if two people are having a fair fight i will let them go at it every time, maybe im the only one.
08/27/2018 05:53 PMPosted by Eregar
Alliance players are cowards. Blizzard Can't fix that

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767729128#post-1

^^These guys don't seem to be cowards. Glad i was able to get an invite into this community.
Warmode isn't a failure at all. I'm having a damn blast. I love the thrill of PvP fights. I love the bounty system! Everyday I'm seeing people ask for help or to counter an Alliance raid. And I love coming to help whenever I see a fellow Horde attacked.

And you know what the best part is? If you're a PvPer on a normal server, or vice versa, you no longer have to stay with that and can turn it off!

I heard so many doom and gloom stories about how it's just an illusion of wpvp or whatever. But no. I haven't seen wpvp this alive.... since forever honestly. I love every second of it.
Funny, i was just reading a thread earlier today that some horde player was having a whinge there was an alliance guild/group going round and nailing all the horde players and it was apparently some big issue.
The shard i get put in are Barthilas, which is mainly horde, and Frostmourne which is mainly alliance. It balances out quite nicely so ive never had this problem, but its impossible to tell having both sides whinge the other is always outnumbered...
Turning off faction tagging would solve some issues
Warmode is one of my favorite things about this xpac! I've never really been into PvP. Never played on a PvP server. But I have had Warmode on since the beginning of BFA and I haven't taken it off once. Yes, I am horde, but I get ganked all the time. I've probably died more than I've killed, but it still makes the game feel more alive for me!
The problem isn’t war mode. I love it, really lets you take the game into your own hands, risk=reward.

The problem is group finder. Linking servers was brilliant when it happened, but now groups of 40 will slam servers and cause huge faction gaps, causing the server to not add anymore of the faction that is lacking. So when those players leave, it rubber bands. So there is never an equal 50/50 ratio.
08/27/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Ewings
08/27/2018 05:53 PMPosted by Eregar
Alliance players are cowards. Blizzard Can't fix that

Pragmatists tend to live longer.

Yep.

My take on pvp even in eve was avoiding it when just a bad idea...was pvp.

The hunter stalks the prey. They want it to die (in game ofc)

The prey wants to live and tries to do just that.

enters the pvp, who wants it more and work those skills. Do I avoid dying better than someone trying to make me dead. WoW makes it easier...turn it off lol.

Plus rep (yeah, lets rant on that lol). At 120, we have rep grinds to do. Some in legion and BFA. They go smoother not looking over your shoulder.

I'd actually like to pvp sometimes. I'd like to do lots of things sometimes. rep grind says NO!.....you serve only me.

Legion then bfa or bfa then legion. Either way, not dying in pvp makes them go smoother.
War Mode never was innovating. It is what many, many other MMOs did for their world pvp. A toggle to flip on pvp.

War Mode simply tried to use PvE benefits to get people into the mode.
I guess for the majority of players, “I love PVP.” really means “I love winning at PVP.” - this applies to both factions.

In the end, everyone either ends up not playing if they feeling they aren’t winning enough or transferring to the winning side, either way it worsens the situation. Positive feedback loop in action.
uh no way, warmode is awesome. World PvP is finally lively again and decently balanced, probably the best since TBC, and incentives people not to go hunt lowbies all day in older expansion content. Good to see some friction between the factions and something to do while grinding WQ's. Not to mention it's thematically on par with the theme of the expansion..Probably one of my favorite systems of BFA so far. If you don't like it....turn it off :)

I don't know if it feels one sided for you, but we won a 2v3 (in alliance favor) and it was pretty exhilarating. My wife doesn't even normally like wPvP and has been loving it.
08/27/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Worgheart
Look at all the Horde who don't think it's a problem. Shocker.

Alliance have killed me before. What's the problem exactly? It's not like they are underdogs or incapable of PvPing in any capacity.
Its... completely optional... You think 10% is a HUGE difference but in the end it only ends up equaling a day or two of running WQs, and that's when you're NOT getting killed by other players.

Having it off and completing world quests without dying all the time is by far a better investment of time if you can't deal with getting killed. After all, it's an optional PVP mode that gives a very minute bonus.
08/27/2018 09:29 PMPosted by Duvainel
08/27/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Ewings
Pragmatists tend to live longer.

Yep.

My take on pvp even in eve was avoiding it when just a bad idea...was pvp.

The hunter stalks the prey. They want it to die (in game ofc)

The prey wants to live and tries to do just that.

enters the pvp, who wants it more and work those skills. Do I avoid dying better than someone trying to make me dead. WoW makes it easier...turn it off lol.

Plus rep (yeah, lets rant on that lol). At 120, we have rep grinds to do. Some in legion and BFA. They go smoother not looking over your shoulder.

I'd actually like to pvp sometimes. I'd like to do lots of things sometimes. rep grind says NO!.....you serve only me.

Legion then bfa or bfa then legion. Either way, not dying in pvp makes them go smoother.

Honestly I feel much the same way you do. I would LIKE to at times, but to me the pvp is a cliff note in a larger story and the story takes precedent.