Warning about upgrading outposts

General Discussion
The missions to upgrade start the moment you unlock an outpost, and expire 8 hours after.

If you're like me and had all your followers on missions at the time, the mission will expire and it has not come back so far (after about 5 days).

I sent in a ticket and the GM said it was hotfixed, but he seemed confused and thought I was speaking about unlocking the outpost with the vendor item, not upgrading it with the mission.

Just some warning.
I've upgraded all of mine and to be honest, I can't even tell a bit of difference except for that one very fast mount that you can ride. I forget his name, Spud or something like that?
08/27/2018 11:35 PMPosted by Glaivedancer
I've upgraded all of mine and to be honest, I can't even tell a bit of difference except for that one very fast mount that you can ride. I forget his name, Spud or something like that?

They definitely seem pretty minor, I just did another one that gave me a scrapper on Zandalar.

Still, it's really unfortunate that unless they hotfix it for me, I'll never get that outpost upgraded ever.
Thanks for the warning, but yeah I already suspected that they would expire, so I did them immediately.

Spud is the sh*t!
How could you alsmot forget his name D:!?!
So the second GM replied, telling me that you can only have 5 outposts upgraded.

I only had one upgraded at the time of expiration, and why would there even be a limit? It doesn't tell you the upgrade benefits or that there's even a limit, and some benefits are non existant.
The second one I upgraded had dinosaurs that you could right click to pat, and that's it.
The scrapper is at least sort of useful, and spud is very handy, but if there's a limit you should get to pick and choose, or remove the upgrades so you can get another.

The only thing I can do now is bug report and try to warn other people not just about the expiration on the upgrade missions and there being no resolution, but also about this apparent cap of 5 upgrades.

This is all just very poorly designed.
You ain't missing anything by not upgrading them.. the upgrades are all junk besides the very fast mount...

1 is a very fast mount, another is 2 npcs that give very minor buffs, another is a gnome that all he seems to do is give out booze, another is a scrap machine and the last is from what I can tell is just a bunch of mini dinos you can pet...

so junk idk why they wasted time making these "upgrades" when time could have obvious been spent hunting down the bugs
08/28/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Mirialta
You ain't missing anything by not upgrading them.. the upgrades are all junk besides the very fast mount...

1 is a very fast mount, another is 2 npcs that give very minor buffs, another is a gnome that all he seems to do is give out booze, another is a scrap machine and the last is from what I can tell is just a bunch of mini dinos you can pet...

so junk idk why they wasted time making these "upgrades" when time could have obvious been spent hunting down the bugs

Wait, did you upgrade 6 outposts? Is what the GM told me as fact just incorrect?

Also, at first I was pretty excited because I thought they would all be new quest hubs, with at the very least 1 - 2 extra quests around for more rep.. nope!

The FP is super helpful though, until flying.
Should be a sticky. Quests to upgrade that expire without any real notice prior to doesn't seem like it's intended.
Wait...there are outposts?
I am having the same problem. I have 2 outposts to upgrade but my followers were sent on long missions. I'll be staying up late tonight to do this before it expires at 3:30 am. Thanks for the warning!
The upgrade missions do come back. My alts have had the upgrade missions sitting on their mission tables for over a week now and they're always available whenever I bother to check.
I did an upgrade where it installed some healers that buffed you. It’s nice. 7% armor and 7% stamina
I completed 5 of the upgrades and Honestly these upgrades cost a pretty war resources 100-200 each. only spud might be worth the resources rest are lame. BFA has turned out to be one disappointment after the other for me. Blizz should've named this exp Wag The Dog since they had us chasing our tail in endless grind(atleast for ALLIANCE side).