You fixed AH lag by making it UNUSABLE

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 13 Next
I'm going to be "that guy." I'm ok with this since, if the price is reasonable, it sells and you get that deposit back. If you know the price is ludicrous to begin with, you may think twice before charging too much for it. That or the seller will head to /2, and it is much easier to ignore a seller when they make themselves known in trade. Maybe this will cause a bit of inflation to drop, since there is now risk involved with selling at ridicilous prices.
prices of mats are gonna sky rocket. time to stop selling till this goes into effect.
08/28/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Chumbler
This is the worst change ive ever seen from blizzard. Lets use anchor weed for an example it used to cost 1s per so posting 200 was 2g. Now depending on your stack breakout its between 197 gold and 28 !@#$ing thousand gold. First of all why the giant %^- mark up for posting stack of 200 like you want? Second of all do you think you went overboard with the 28 *!@#ing thousand for posting? One misclick on TSM and someone is $%^-ed hard. You must know people are going to rage out over this *!@# just save face and revert right now one of your people went full retard.

People who misclick TSM shouldn't be using TSM. Uneducated users who have no idea how the addon works are one of the main reasons why the AH has slowed down as much as it has.
The way I read the Way it was going to work was an increase if you are selling listings of 1, and it said no matter the stack size, so i was under the assumption that this meant, even if I post a stack of 200 in increments of 1, I would pay the inflated deposit, but from what OP is saying if I choose to sell said item as a stack OF 200 instead of 200 stacks of 1 i'm still screwed? I don't sell mats too often but that is just outrageous. Punish all for the sins of the few, WTG Blizz.
08/28/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Chumbler
This is the worst change ive ever seen from blizzard. Lets use anchor weed for an example it used to cost 1s per so posting 200 was 2g. Now depending on your stack breakout its between 197 gold and 28 !@#$ing thousand gold. First of all why the giant %^- mark up for posting stack of 200 like you want? Second of all do you think you went overboard with the 28 *!@#ing thousand for posting? One misclick on TSM and someone is $%^-ed hard. You must know people are going to rage out over this *!@# just save face and revert right now one of your people went full retard.

You do know that you get the deposit fee back if the item sells correct? Better price correctly.
08/28/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Firekatkid
I'm going to be "that guy." I'm ok with this since, if the price is reasonable, it sells and you get that deposit back. If you know the price is ludicrous to begin with, you may think twice before charging too much for it. That or the seller will head to /2, and it is much easier to ignore a seller when they make themselves known in trade. Maybe this will cause a bit of inflation to drop, since there is now risk involved with selling at ridicilous prices.

No honey, we'll just take it to trade chat or stop selling. Hope you didn't need those flasks.

but most people dont sell at ridiculous prices. everyone undercuts everyone.

but if you are risking gold to sell things that dont always sell, then you are going to increase the price of those things.

for example, the price of tmog items is going to go way up.

mats that dont always sell are going to go up in price.

so when you need to buy that one mat that isn't used often, be prepared to pay a lot for it....or you wont even see it.

another affect of this will likely be more people selling things in regular trade chat vs using the AH. so those people who have more time to play can sit in a city and spam their stuff in trade chat all day while those of us who dont have all day to play will either not use the AH or increase their prices dramatically to offset these deposit costs.
What they should have done is just limit the amount of stacks per unique item you can post to like 10, 15, or 20.

so if you want to post 20 stacks of ONE monelite, then go for it (vs being able to post 200 stacks of ONE monelite). The result would be less stacks overall.
Half of you guys are completely retarded. I CANT post stacks of 200 anchor herb you understand that right? None of you poor retards have 160k to give me at once. You literally want 1-3 at a time and now I cant post that. Stacks of 10 (a fairly reasonable stack yes?) would cost me 4000 gold to list. A stack of 200 still has a massive increase as it went from 2g to 200g. What this will do is force people to go thru and buy all their own auctions on their alt to recover the insane fees.
LOL at the people not reading the thread. Y'all celebrate until you go to post your stacks of 200 and don't have the gold to cover it ha!
People telling me to price correctly are clueless just stop you are dumb and its showing.
08/28/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Nighdarke

No honey, we'll just take it to trade chat or stop selling. Hope you didn't need those flasks.

I mean, I'm am alch and have all crafters leveled to Legion levels. I'm good. I'm fine with you selling in trade. It is there for that. But if I see "selling X for 500% of the cost", you butter believe it's "right click, ignore." I get enough overpricing in real life. So price accordingly or move to trade like I stated in my original post. No harm to me.

@Yasudra
I believe that is part of their reasoning. Less "pay it or buzz off" posts on the ah and more "this should be a good price", since you lose the deposit if it doesn't sell. For mog items and such, I tend to just take them to trade.
Are we sure this isn't a bug? I thought the intent was to jack up the per-stack price, not the per-unit price. So a stack of 200 would still be reasonable and 200 stacks of 1 would not. If it's not working that way, I'd assume (hope?) something is borked.
08/28/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Etamalgren
08/28/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Kalorea
If you want to sell a stack of 200 you have to pay 200x the deposit fee of a single item. Are you clearly thinking this through before celebrating?

That's if you're selling that stack of 200 as 200 stacks of 1 like a mustache twirling villain that has a stranglehold on the economy.

Post them as stacks of 20 or 200. It's way less painful.

EDIT: To stop the draenei from screaming "THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING, AUCTIONS ARE BORKED". I attempted to post a stack of 200 siren's pollen for 40g per unit.
In a stack of 200: Deposit is 8g 60c
In 2 stacks of 100: Deposit is 16g 60c
In 5 stacks of 40: Deposit is 40g 60c
In 10 stacks of 20: Deposit is 80g 60c
In 200 stacks of 1: Deposit is 1600g

In short: STOP POSTING 200 STACKS OF 1 ON THE AUCTION HOUSE IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET REAMED IN DEPOSIT COSTS.

This
08/28/2018 02:00 PMPosted by Chumbler
People telling me to price correctly are clueless just stop you are dumb and its showing.

So is your failure to provide an adequate counter argument.
Selling in trade is dangerous, Your competition always abuses the report feature and will get you silenced. Happens every day.
1) It's not Blizzards fault you downloaded an add on and failed to use it correctly.

2) I don't feel sorry for someone trying to post 200 individual units of one item. Those are literally the people we were pissed about one week ago.

3) Unsubscribe if you don't like it.
Nice to see nobody actually understood the patch notes... or bothered testing it.

The price is not on a per item basis. It's per auction.

If I sell a stack of 200 ore, I pay about 13 gold. If I sell 200 stacks of ore I pay 2,100 gold. This is only going to affect small stack/single sales(and even then you get it back if they sell)

Naturally, raging before getting confirmation is always the way to go though.
08/28/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Etamalgren
08/28/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Kalorea
If you want to sell a stack of 200 you have to pay 200x the deposit fee of a single item. Are you clearly thinking this through before celebrating?

That's if you're selling that stack of 200 as 200 stacks of 1 like a mustache twirling villain that has a stranglehold on the economy.

Post them as stacks of 20 or 200. It's way less painful.

EDIT: To stop the draenei from screaming "THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING, AUCTIONS ARE BORKED". I attempted to post a stack of 200 siren's pollen for 40g per unit.
In a stack of 200: Deposit is 8g 60c
In 2 stacks of 100: Deposit is 16g 60c
In 5 stacks of 40: Deposit is 40g 60c
In 10 stacks of 20: Deposit is 80g 60c
In 200 stacks of 1: Deposit is 1600g

In short: STOP POSTING 200 STACKS OF 1 ON THE AUCTION HOUSE IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET REAMED IN DEPOSIT COSTS.
\

Please learn to read, I know it is complicated for today's society to do so, but please try.