Exploit never happened/wasn't a thing??

General Discussion
According to this poster, none of it was true/happened. If he's lying, the joke is on him.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17622633626
Except there's proof it did happen. All you have to do is search around for it.
blizz can see in game if it happened or not. They don't go by what someone says online. They go by the game's logs.
It did happen.

He’s just trying to avoid a ban.
Pretty sure blizz said they were aware of it. How could they be aware of something that wasnt real?
The blues outright said they were aware of it

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767559232?page=1#post-20
According to this poster, none of it was true/happened.

Oh, I read something on Internet without a valid font. Must be true. Why anyone will lie on Internet?
Probably the most pathetic post I've ever seen from a cheater.

Literally everything you do in-game is logged. The fact that some of these people are delusional enough to think by making a thread stating "hey it was just a joke y u haf 2 be mad gaiz?" is enough to stop the investigation into what Ythisens' blue post already said was being looked into is just hilarious.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767559232?page=1#post-20
I don't think a random poster is going to successfully gaslight Blizzard.
08/28/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Ellwindris

How many times are you going to change your xmog today? ;_;
08/28/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Sabrila
According to this poster, none of it was true/happened.

Oh, I read something on Internet without a valid font. Must be true. Why anyone will lie on Internet?

The author says the quest won't give you rewards until you actually complete the quest. Doing anything super-fast before completing it won't get it completed. It doesn't make sense. It's like claiming you can use your hearthstone right away after using it because you typed something in chat. It doesn't work that way as there's a countdown timer on it. The same with completing WQs.....either you fulfill the objectives or you don't. You don't get to do both and have it completely re-set. Even when I quickly ran outside the questing area to grab an herb and came back, the WQ had me exactly where I left off.

I'm beginning to think this player trolled others and it got out of hand and now it's everywhere. Either way, if it's one big lie (and he used Paint like he claimed to give himself exalted rep) he's looking at a banhammer for wasting Blizzard's time. If he's lying and somehow this exploit really happened (he challenged us to find a player with exalted reps across the board), then many will be banned. Either way, someone is going to face the repercussions about it.
08/28/2018 04:58 PMPosted by Amaelyn
According to this poster, none of it was true/happened

Fake news.
08/28/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Gifu
08/28/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Ellwindris

How many times are you going to change your xmog today? ;_;

Probably a few more times >_>, I can never decide on one that I really like.
08/28/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Sabrila

The author says the quest won't give you rewards until you actually complete the quest. Doing anything super-fast before completing it won't get it completed. It doesn't make sense. It's like claiming you can use your hearthstone right away after using it because you typed something in chat. It doesn't work that way as there's a countdown timer on it. The same with completing WQs.....either you fulfill the objectives or you don't. You don't get to do both and have it completely re-set. Even when I quickly ran outside the questing area to grab an herb and came back, the WQ had me exactly where I left off.

I'm beginning to think this player trolled others and it got out of hand and now it's everywhere. Either way, if it's one big lie (and he used Paint like he claimed to give himself exalted rep) he's looking at a banhammer for wasting Blizzard's time. If he's lying and somehow this exploit really happened (he challenged us to find a player with exalted reps across the board), then many will be banned. Either way, someone is going to face the repercussions about it.

You can be sure that if Blizzard said they found something then something was found, related to that particular exploit or not.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You can be sure that if Blizzard said they found something then something was found, related to that particular exploit or not.

The thing is, I don't recall Blizzard saying they actually found this. What I remember is a blue post saying those (if any) that took advantage of this exploit will be dealt with. That's far from saying they actually found something. Even the link that author provided has people posting that they are unable to recreate what he supposedly did.

Edit: there's no videos of this exploit anywhere that I can find either. All we have to go on, is a screenshot this author provided, which he admitted faking.
I'm convinced that there was no exploit. Even on that cheating forum, not a single player could get it to work (as the system's code awards quests only upon completion). I tried finding videos of it (you'd think with so many "abusing" it there had to be at least a video) and there are none. Every claim that it works comes from this one player. All Blizzard said was that they would look into it.

Explain to me exactly how converting to a raid after killing the last mob of a WQ would somehow resets the WQ?? It doesn't. The code won't allow it to be "reset" just because you convert to a raid. I myself have left a WQ area to go pick a flower, and when I came back to it the WQ had my progress exactly where I left off. No one on that site could get this to work. They even begged him to join them and show them how it's done, and he offered to do it but was going to charge them "a lot" for it.

There's no exploit. No one is getting banned (except for the author of all of this who wasted Blizzard's time), and they're over there laughing at how you all still believe this.
08/29/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Amaelyn
I'm convinced that there was no exploit. Even on that cheating forum, not a single player could get it to work (as the system's code awards quests only upon completion). I tried finding videos of it (you'd think with so many "abusing" it there had to be at least a video) and there are none. Every claim that it works comes from this one player. All Blizzard said was that they would look into it.

Explain to me exactly how converting to a raid after killing the last mob of a WQ would somehow resets the WQ?? It doesn't. The code won't allow it to be "reset" just because you convert to a raid. I myself have left a WQ area to go pick a flower, and when I came back to it the WQ had my progress exactly where I left off. No one on that site could get this to work. They even begged him to join them and show them how it's done, and he offered to do it but was going to charge them "a lot" for it.

There's no exploit. No one is getting banned (except for the author of all of this who wasted Blizzard's time), and they're over there laughing at how you all still believe this.

I guess we can only wait for Blizzard to officially say whether this was real or not. And, no, a We're looking into it isn't what I'm talking about...
People on a website that did exploit said they still haven’t been banned yet, and the person who said they were perm banned was just a troll.

So I’d assume it was real, just no action that is 100% confirmed yet. No ones posted a email or anything saying their account was closed.