Battle Priests

Paladin
Blizzard should turn Holy Paladins into Warhammer-style Battle Priests, who heal their allies by engaging in melee combat with enemies. Blizzard already went part of the way with the Holy Pally mastery and Avenging Crusader, so why not go all the way?
I am with you on this. I love attonment on disc for that reason. I want to heal through hurt.
Same, Avenging Crusader Is why I roll a Pali and melee built disc priest is my dream class with a optional to go range for 10-20sec for those run for ur life moments
They could even rework Avenging Crusader into a permanent buff and put it as one of the level 100 talent choices, so people who still want to play the turret style of healing can do so.
This! This is a dream I want to come true!
I kinda wish Avenging Crusader would go back to being a 1 min CD. Its uptime leaves a lot to be desired
08/29/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Chaóselement
Blizzard should turn Holy Paladins into Warhammer-style Battle Priests, who heal their allies by engaging in melee combat with enemies. Blizzard already went part of the way with the Holy Pally mastery and Avenging Crusader, so why not go all the way?

I made a thread about it awhile back with some suggestions to make it viable, I also think it would be more fun & it fits the lore of the class better than what it was in the past.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20766776715?page=1
Might be a good idea, but it's too late for avenging crusader style play.

Personally, I would prefer having Crusader strike decrease the cast time of holy light by the global to facilitate a weaving style of play to make it unique. Having crusaders might do that would be a good change.

The judgement debuff if there are allies within 20 yards from the target when you holy shock should instead heal up to 3-5 allies by 30% of the damage done. If there are no allies it should obviously still increase damage. Fits with the Holy Prism theme that blizzard likes.

Light of dawn should be 360° but 180° should have been the minimum as it fits with the "dawn" theme better and would better facilitate melee gameplay.

How long does it take before blizzard finally makes Consecration heal for the damage it does? I guess they want to get rid of that kind of play because discipline. An example is how weak holy nova is.

Moral of the story, blizzard prefers to change things instead of making them better.
I've been advocating for this same thing for years; For some unknown reason Blizzard wants to Priests to be "warrior priests" instead of the literal warrior priest.

Blows my mind that Blizzard is ignoring this very obvious fix for paladin healers, they need to stop making them like a Holy Priest and more like a holy warrior.
Like Briggite from Overwatch?
08/30/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Gunap

Kinda, more like Warrior Priest from Warhammer Online

https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/index.php/Warrior_Priest
08/30/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Bläckbeárd
08/30/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Gunap

WoW paladin are based off of the Warrior Priest of Sigmar, it is very stupid that blizzard had force the spec into being a cleric for so long
08/30/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Toushin
08/30/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Bläckbeárd

WoW paladin are based off of the Warrior Priest of Sigmar, it is very stupid that blizzard had force the spec into being a cleric for so long

I think Blizzard isn't sure on how a holy paladin should function. I think they are mixing too many things in one pot; they should focus on what makes paladins unique and that is blessings, sacrifice, and being melee.
Justicar from old-school RIFT functioned that way and it felt AMAZING doing your burst and healing the raid for half of their HP bars. Really made you feel like a frontline healer.
08/31/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Vohgan
Justicar from old-school RIFT functioned that way and it felt AMAZING doing your burst and healing the raid for half of their HP bars. Really made you feel like a frontline healer.

Never play rift but sounds like that is what holy pally should had been if blizzard wasnt so lazy and just made them priest in plates until legion & stop 1/2 way on turning them into a melee healer because too many people were crying. I seriously dont get why so many people cry about turning holy pally to a frontline healer through dmg when the option to stay in the base & cast heals onto people is the gameplay for every healer in this dam game but disc priest.