10 years out of game, Undead still look bad

General Discussion
undead are the only race that look good...
08/08/2018 11:05 PMPosted by Tikkii
I realize beauty is on the eye of the beholder and I respect everyone’s thoughts on how each race looks, but after playing from 2004-2007 and coming back about 14 years post launch, I was hoping to see undead getting a bit of a makeover.

The upright Ork changes make a huge difference. Undead still look exactly the same as they did in 2004 at launch. Via the transmog I was inspecting all the various sets for my new Undead Warlock and the poor guy just looked terrible compared to how awesome the upright Ork and other races look decked out in that awesome gear. The elbows and arms sticking out...
I just don’t know what to say other than it all just looks really bad compared to how all other races and classes look in their gear.

To my friends @Blizzard, after 14 years don’t you feel it’s time to update the look of our undead characters? Please consider updating undead character skins and how the armor looks on all undead, especially Warlocks. The makeover/new skins should be optional of course with the original skins always being there.

EDIT: the emotes, voices, casting animations, as well as the running and movement animations all look magnificent. Please consider updating options for character skins(head to boney toes), robes and how all armor looks on the undead.

As far as I know Blizzard have no plans on updating the Forsaken, even though we are obviously the race that needs it most. Thematically we don't even make sense anymore. In WoW there are a few different levels aesthetically of raised undead, and we are slightly above the lowest level, the lowest level being a zombie or skeleton, while the highest level being someone like Nathanos Blightcaller.

We need to have our models updated to look like Humans that are undead, not a rotting corpse, it just doesn't make sense anymore.

Give the Forsaken an update please Blizzard, or give us a quest chain to fix our bodies, to make ourselves whole again, that'd be fantastic and would be incredible thematically.
I would like the option for upright undead, as well as the option to hide their bones.
08/09/2018 12:09 AMPosted by Cruthall
I think many of us would prefer to either have the chinese options for armor (no bone strutting), or have a couple skins that give undead dark ranger/Nathanos type bodies.

This please.
Night elf males say hello!

I would argue that we got even more uglier after the WoD update... Forward neck, fat hands and feet, waist and legs too large compared to the torso...
100% agree. It's the one thing I can't get over with Undead (which I otherwise love everything about). It's like sure, I get low-level stuff having the holes in it, I definitely get the bones poking through my skin, etc. It makes sense.

Having said that, at max level getting some fancy new epic robes--or worse, crafting them--and being able to see my spine through the back and my elbow bones poking out, is asinine. I just got those robes! They would not have holes!
I agree. Upright orc has made me actually want to be an orc. I would literally pick belf most of the time because it was the only race the looked good in armor.

Now there's 3 races that look good in armor on horde. :D

Undead option like Nath would be awesome.
Blizzard needs to see this, please blizz... please.

The people want the Nathanos treatment, come on Blizzard.
Hmm op I like to have a word with you on looking bad!
10 years of decay ain't gonna make Azeroth's next top model yo.
08/08/2018 11:08 PMPosted by Gusterot
For the sake of providing a differing opinion, I still love how the undead look and absolutely despise upright orcs.

while im in agreement with you, i hope we get the upright undead models as an option... those forsaken battleguards are lookin good
10/22/2018 10:05 AMPosted by Trillwave
08/08/2018 11:08 PMPosted by Gusterot
For the sake of providing a differing opinion, I still love how the undead look and absolutely despise upright orcs.

while im in agreement with you, i hope we get the upright undead models as an option... those forsaken battleguards are lookin good

I agree, I see everyone's point but it should be an option to stay with the same model.
Yeah, I don't even necessarily care about getting something like the Nate model if they can at least give us upright Undead. I SEE THEM IN DAZARALOR BLIZZ. JUST FLIP THE SWITCH.
To quote Pigpen from Charlie Brown: On the contrary, I didn't think I looked THAT good.
Considering I'm a warlock, I think it fits thematically to be all hunched, bones exposed and whatnot. But I can understand the case being made for some of the other classes. Nevertheless, I wouldn't want us to have the option of looking like Nathanos or Dark Rangers - I'd rather such appearances are saved for another race option. I'm not sure how undead look on the chinese version (as some people abovementioned) but maybe just allowing they to stand up straight, hide the bones and let them have non-torn clothes would suffice :)
We did get an update. We got blinking lids in what were empty sockets before. I just pretend they aren't there.
They are rotting corpses. They are supposed to look like crap.
If you want an edgy, pretty Not really Horde race, the Blood Elves are waiting for you.