BFA Dungeons, Island Expeditions, and Raids
Please use this thread for feedback and bug reports regarding this encounter, or related issues. Noting the nature of your group (Mythic guild premade, PUG, etc.) is helpful, as are any logs. Thank you to everyone who has come out to help test!
it was good fun lol xd
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZNm1n2xpRGF6f7CA/#type=summary&boss=2122&difficulty=4&wipes=1

90% PUG group, voice was required. mostly comprised of mythic raiders.

This is going to be a really bad fight to PUG. A group of coordinated players won't have a hard time getting the fight sorted out, but for PUGs you're having to assign between 3 and 9 players to do those runs for the orbs during each phase. Additionally, that's huge variance: every single monk spec can solo that run or do it with extremely minimal help from a slow spec (IE. a priest throws the ball 20 yards and a monk takes it the rest of the way extremely safely). The difference between a group with 2-3 monks and a group with 0 monks is going to be night and day. I understand there's a few specs that have equally strong mobility, but my point is simply that a group with no monks or DHs would have a nightmarish time on that boss.

Even if you're okay with specific mobility requirements on mythic, it's possible there should be some sort of change to help low mobility groups.
08/09/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Bubblerific
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZNm1n2xpRGF6f7CA/#type=summary&boss=2122&difficulty=4&wipes=1

90% PUG group, voice was required. mostly comprised of mythic raiders.

This is going to be a really bad fight to PUG. A group of coordinated players won't have a hard time getting the fight sorted out, but for PUGs you're having to assign between 3 and 9 players to do those runs for the orbs during each phase. Additionally, that's huge variance: every single monk spec can solo that run or do it with extremely minimal help from a slow spec (IE. a priest throws the ball 20 yards and a monk takes it the rest of the way extremely safely). The difference between a group with 2-3 monks and a group with 0 monks is going to be night and day. I understand there's a few specs that have equally strong mobility, but my point is simply that a group with no monks or DHs would have a nightmarish time on that boss.

Even if you're okay with specific mobility requirements on mythic, it's possible there should be some sort of change to help low mobility groups.

While I’d 100% agree in regards to normal and LFR, the final boss of heroic is tricky imo. Should they really consider pugs in regards to heroic?

MOTHER might be even harder to coordinate tbh even if the fight overall is easier.
It a bit obnoxious to have to run through the cysts after every wipe. It would be nice to spawn in boss room after 1st pull.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2CT7yHmYAfjz6GpB/#fight=8
08/09/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Venydodool

While I’d 100% agree in regards to normal and LFR, the final boss of heroic is tricky imo. Should they really consider pugs in regards to heroic?

MOTHER might be even harder to coordinate tbh even if the fight overall is easier.

I'm coming from the perspective that both heroic/lfr/normal are all pretty much throwaway difficulties that shouldn't have significant comp requirements. Realistically a large proportion of heroic groups are going to be clearing as a PUG, so yeah, I do think they should consider it.
11/11M guild group, best trial reached to the end of Phase 2.
The whole fight seems fine and maybe needs a minor tuning on the values,
But there is one balance issue I want to address here.

Since the encounter area is huge, and the key mechanic for the fight is transferring a Power Matrix (the orb) through a 60 yards platform. The mobility of each class becomes critically important.

From the designer perspective,
This fight requires players to cooperate with each other by passing the orb and deliver it to the end of the platform. (Players need to use the extra button to throw the orb to another player, which will remove the movement penalty they gained while holding the orb)

However, some classes can finish the job alone.
Currently, a Warrior or Windwalker monk only needs a warlock gate on the platform, and they can finish the job by themselves in the 6-second penalty window.

If only one player is required for this job, there is no reason to waste the time to transfer the orb to others or to take the risk of being cooperative.
Therefore, classes which can solo deliver the orb basically negate this mechanic and has a massive advantage over others.

When this fight goes to mythic, it will require more people to do the job(needs to turn in two orbs each time) and has a higher coordination requirement (two orbs needs to turn in within 3 seconds)
Under the higher pressure, stacking classes which can solo finish the job become an inevitable choice.

Since this is also the last boss on the tier and will reward the "Hall of Fame" achievement. I am not sure if raid designing team wants to see a very strict composition requirement on this fight, and let only certain classes players, who are lucky enough, to earn the achievement.
Unending Resolve did not stop the warlock from being interrupted by the Gibbering Horror's "Mind-Numbing Chatter" cast even though Unending Resolve is supposed to make you immune to being interrupted.