Holy Artifact Weap???

Customer Support
Just boosted this character and had to start in disc. Wanted to get the Holy weap and.. the quest is no where to be found.
I talked to the NPC and picked to do the Holy weapon next but after that nothing happened..
The quest you need is The Vindicator's Plea.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=41957/the-vindicators-plea#comments

It is offered by Alonsus Faol. The common issue is if you sent him out on a mission, but since you boosted a character that shouldn't be an issue. He should be hanging out in the middle of the Priest Class Hall.

Also make sure the quest A Gift of Time (offered by Kalec in Dalaran) is completed. That can cause issues if you hadn't turned that in yet (this isn't necessarily your fault but could be an artifact of the boosting).

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=41632/a-gift-of-time
08/10/2018 12:40 AMPosted by Seiryu
The quest you need is The Vindicator's Plea.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=41957/the-vindicators-plea#comments

It is offered by Alonsus Faol. The common issue is if you sent him out on a mission, but since you boosted a character that shouldn't be an issue. He should be hanging out in the middle of the Priest Class Hall.

Also make sure the quest A Gift of Time (offered by Kalec in Dalaran) is completed. That can cause issues if you hadn't turned that in yet (this isn't necessarily your fault but could be an artifact of the boosting).

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=41632/a-gift-of-time

I don't have either of these quests (I'm assuming I did A Gift of Time already, and there are no quests offered in my class hall. Like I said I chose that I wanted to get the holy weapon next but I wasn't given a quest or anything of the sort. It asked if I wanted to switch to Holy and I declined. I've completed the first part of the order hall and got the achievement, tried the quick fix of creating a new character to reset it (saw that worked for someone else) and nothing has changed.
Do you have Trivial quests toggled?
08/10/2018 01:47 AMPosted by Alvraen
Do you have Trivial quests toggled?

Yes I do!
08/09/2018 11:46 PMPosted by Beepit
Just boosted this character and had to start in disc. Wanted to get the Holy weap and.. the quest is no where to be found.
I talked to the NPC and picked to do the Holy weapon next but after that nothing happened..

From what I can see, Beepit, you currently have "Out of the Darkness" in your quest log. That is one of the quests for the Holy Artifact Weapon. :)
Multiple reports of this going on in these forums. Log out and in. Exit and restart the game. Completing the Broken shore intro sometimes helps. Completing the War of Thorns quests sometimes helps. If these don't help, submit a ticket. Or, have Vrakthris post in your thread - which is super unlikely to happen.
Or, have Vrakthris post in your thread - which is just above this post.
Fixed that for you. lol ;)
08/10/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Rufflebottom
Fixed that for you. lol ;)

I think he was being facetious.

>.>
<.<
Did anyone mention he has to be in Holy spec to complete the questline?
08/10/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Bashetlar

He doesn't. Nobody has ever had to be in the spec the questline was designed for. I did both holy and disc as shadow. Very difficult, not for the timid, but immensely rewarding when accomplished. ^_^
08/10/2018 08:44 PMPosted by Tiapriestess
08/10/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Bashetlar

He doesn't. Nobody has ever had to be in the spec the questline was designed for. I did both holy and disc as shadow. Very difficult, not for the timid, but immensely rewarding when accomplished. ^_^
This is almost another topic, but the experience of out-of-appropriate-spec questing for the artifact weaps is quite variable. For strict DPS classes, almost never does it matter. For hybrids, trying to do the heal or tank in a DPS spec is pretty much zerging with lots of deaths. For shaman, it seemed completely impossible to heal enough while DPSing as enhance, and damn near so as elemental.

Tanky weap quest were very much zerg runs, but since you don't lose progress on bosses (their health doesn't reset after you wipe) you can zerg your miserable way through the event.
08/10/2018 08:52 PMPosted by Sniperorc
08/10/2018 08:44 PMPosted by Tiapriestess

This is almost another topic, but the experience of out-of-appropriate-spec questing for the artifact weaps is quite variable. For strict DPS classes, almost never does it matter. For hybrids, trying to do the heal or tank in a DPS spec is pretty much zerging with lots of deaths. For shaman, it seemed completely impossible to heal enough while DPSing as enhance, and damn near so as elemental.

Tanky weap quest were very much zerg runs, but since you don't lose progress on bosses (their health doesn't reset after you wipe) you can zerg your miserable way through the event.

I did all of my shaman ones as elemental. Chain lightning works well from a distance. On my warrior I did them all as fury, including the tanking one. Properly timed taunts and saving your frenzied regeneration (at the time, would have to re-evaluate that now) allowed you to peel mobs off group members. Having the crafted legendaries really makes a difference for the hybrid off-spec runs, especially the plate belt legendary that heals you when enemies are nearby.

Note: The priest ones I did well before I obtained any legendaries, so they were indeed done in "hard mode" fashion. Proper timing with your limited heals is essential on those when playing as shadow. :)
Can confirm, war of thorns somehow gave me, a windwalker monk, the holy priest artifact weapon.
08/10/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Vrakthris
08/09/2018 11:46 PMPosted by Beepit

From what I can see, Beepit, you currently have "Out of the Darkness" in your quest log. That is one of the quests for the Holy Artifact Weapon. :)

heck thank you. I for some reason couldn't figure out if I had it or not and couldn't find a quest list for some reason. thanks for saving my butt