those who say leveling

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 13 Next
08/15/2018 05:36 AMPosted by Zezeall
08/15/2018 01:16 AMPosted by Studmuffyn

Um no, maybe when you vastly outgear a previous expacs World Boss, but not a current Expacs world boss. Unless you are Mione.

If I got on current now. I would theory craft with my brother and in 1 month solo. It has been done in legion. What days it cannot in BFA?

Forgot to add.

Even in the best gear of Vanilla you could not solo a world boss unless you used an exploit.

A month of theory crafting and attempts to down a mob with drops that can be equaled by world quest drops? Whoop de doo..... just like purple text on gear people care way to much about a gold dragon around a portait.
08/15/2018 05:40 AMPosted by Ziryus

If I got on current now. I would theory craft with my brother and in 1 month solo. It has been done in legion. What days it cannot in BFA?

Forgot to add.

Even in the best gear of Vanilla you could not solo a world boss unless you used an exploit.

A month of theory crafting and attempts to down a mob with drops that can be equaled by world quest drops? Whoop de doo..... just like purple text on gear people care way to much about a gold dragon around a portait.

So you admit current WoW is easier than vanilla?

Thank god it finally sunk in. Have fun playing BFA.
08/15/2018 01:16 AMPosted by Studmuffyn

Um no, maybe when you vastly outgear a previous expacs World Boss, but not a current Expacs world boss. Unless you are Mione.

Forgot to add.

A current expansions world boss? Um no, and if it was done, it was either an outlier like a Mione, or late expansion, so definitely not something everyone would be doing.
The difficulty lies in the pulls not the fights. I remember quite well, Pepperidge Farms remembers too! Careful planning when pulling was a must. Not so anymore.
You cannot button mash in classic and you have to use some strategy if you are going to solo content. It would be a bad idea to run around and aggro every mob you see then try and use something like swipe to take them all down, even as OP Druid Tank lol. Doing that will kill you. 1. make sure you are using the weapon you are most skilled at and not the thing you were working on leveling skill at. 2. watch their path and note when it is best to pull 3. be patient 4. remember to root/stun/interrupt anything that is tank like and immediately take out anything caster in nature, THEN kill the other mobs. Bear -> Tauren -> stomp -> heal self -> re entangle if needed -> Bear.
I really think everyone who think's vanilla leveling is easy should level a warrior and be forced to solo a defias pillager at level 10. It can be done. It's very.... Very tough, i did it after about four trys. I had to make macro's though.
08/15/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Studmuffyn

Forgot to add.

A current expansions world boss? Um no, and if it was done, it was either an outlier like a Mione, or late expansion, so definitely not something everyone would be doing.

Who is Mione?
Sorry to say some ppl do not stream or use parsing stuff. I know I did and then my brother did. Seen who can kill it first. That cannot happen in Vanilla.
08/12/2018 09:48 PMPosted by Xecks
08/12/2018 08:15 PMPosted by Zezeall

Guy listen to this guy. I know he never played Vanilla and now he has done little to nothing in current WoW but he knows Vanilla is easy. This guy will never die in classic.. it so easy he will solo world bosses. Just like how I could in current WoW. Wait till he is 60 he will solo strat on time run. Like how DH tanks can mythic +9. It is that easy. Good luck bro you should never have to ask for a group or help again. It is easy as you say it is.

ristra did in fact play vanilla. he has a point albeit one i dont agree with. no need to disparage him.

as for what ristra said,

objectively the mobs themselves pose more danger than the ones on live , because you can solo a mob or even 10 with ease on live.

you are in more danger with even just 1 mob in vanilla.

per capita the mobs are more dangerous. that means its harder .
If you are setting the standard for comparison at 1 MOB pull in vanilla vs 1 MOB pulls in live. Then, of course, we are going to disagree.

You will be bored as hell on live. About the same level of boredom as pulling MOBs 10 levels lower than you in vanilla.

Push you limits in vanilla then push your limits in live. Then do a comparison. It’s probably going to end up about the same “difficulty”.
08/15/2018 05:43 AMPosted by Zezeall

Gonna throw a curve ball and say both versions of the game are easy.
I don't care about "easier" or "harder". That stuff is subjective outside of, say, a Platinum game where my active defenses are automatic in Easy mode.

What I know is that before Cataclysm, questing was more interesting trying to see how long I could go before drinking/bandaging. Nowadays questing feels like Cookie Clicker except your "rotation" has a lot more pointless busywork than just clicking on a cookie.
08/15/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Zezeall
08/15/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Studmuffyn

Who is Mione?
Sorry to say some ppl do not stream or use parsing stuff. I know I did and then my brother did. Seen who can kill it first. That cannot happen in Vanilla.

A DK/DH that would solo bosses. But no, you are not soloing current World Bosses right now with the gear available, possible for some people later on in an expansion maybe, and yes ,no it did not happen that way in Vanilla , hardly any power creep.

Anyone who does do it early has found some exploit or bug.
08/11/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Xecks
08/11/2018 03:29 PMPosted by Mellga
Tedium =/= Difficulty

Everything is "hard", if you don't know what you're doing, this includes Retail.

Vanilla had a lot more tedious aspects. Drink to gain more Mana, pull a Mob (one at a time), eat or bandage to replenish health, no mount until 40, Class Trainers, Spell Ranks, Regeants, etc.

Once you understand the rhythm, the "difficulty" cease to exist, now it's all tedious.

EDIT: Vanilla is a lot more tedious. Difficult? Not really.
single mobs hit harder. some mobs are tethered to other mobs so pulling 1 is impossible . not to mention pats.

is it more tedious ? yep.

is it more difficult? yep.

on retail there is really no danger of dying. people pull everything within range and down it all with ease. its not as difficult as vanilla. its true weather you like it or now.

Last night I did a pug for the Lady Waycrest dungeon. None of us had ever been through it, none of us had any idea what the mobs would do or what the bosses would do. We pretty much facerolled almost all of it, with the tank gathering ridiculous amounts of mobs at a time. None of us died, pretty much didn't come close to it, despite our lack of knowledge.

You did that in vanilla or even Burning Crusade and you spent a lot of time rezzing. Everybody had roles they had to fulfill, Wizards polymorphing, rogues sapping, hunters trapping, etc. People didnt pay attention and do their jobs, group wipe. Tank pulled wrong group? Wipe. People call that tedious, but it was a level of skill needed above what you need to do the same content today. And more skill needed = harder. Were people able to get that skill? Sure. But you still needed it and all the time.
08/15/2018 04:05 PMPosted by Wintersong
08/11/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Xecks
...single mobs hit harder. some mobs are tethered to other mobs so pulling 1 is impossible . not to mention pats.

is it more tedious ? yep.

is it more difficult? yep.

on retail there is really no danger of dying. people pull everything within range and down it all with ease. its not as difficult as vanilla. its true weather you like it or now.

Last night I did a pug for the Lady Waycrest dungeon. None of us had ever been through it, none of us had any idea what the mobs would do or what the bosses would do. We pretty much facerolled almost all of it, with the tank gathering ridiculous amounts of mobs at a time. None of us died, pretty much didn't come close to it, despite our lack of knowledge.

You did that in vanilla or even Burning Crusade and you spent a lot of time rezzing. Everybody had roles they had to fulfill, Wizards polymorphing, rogues sapping, hunters trapping, etc. People didnt pay attention and do their jobs, group wipe. Tank pulled wrong group? Wipe. People call that tedious, but it was a level of skill needed above what you need to do the same content today. And more skill needed = harder. Were people able to get that skill? Sure. But you still needed it and all the time.
So say that's hard? I say, you need to learn your limit and start to pull the correct amount of MOBs.

That doesn't make it hard(er). Unless you are too gone to adjust.
08/11/2018 11:26 AMPosted by Ristra
Soon as you realize how to pull MOBs, difficulty mitigated.

Slower, yes, difficult, no.
By that definition, nothing can ever be more difficult than anything else.

Is it more difficult to chew through: A) yoghurt, or B) a half-inch slice of beef jerky?
I can only say one thing:

Stitches

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Stitches

You knew your day went from bad to worst if you were running along a certain road and you ran into him.
Not sure if ‘difficult’ is the right word, if by difficult you mean ‘engaging’ as you had to think, yes, Vanilla was more ‘difficult’:
Quests: You had to interpret them.
Mobs: You have to pull carefully and manage your resources.
Equipment/specs: One had to be a little creative to be functional.
Even in Vanilla the appearance of websites and addons started to distance one from the ‘difficulty’.
It was more difficult then modern WoW, but not particularly hard.
08/15/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Paeldryth
08/15/2018 05:43 AMPosted by Zezeall

Gonna throw a curve ball and say both versions of the game are easy.

If you say it that way, nothing is hard.

It’s a game and games are made to lose. Of course if you keep doing it you will win.
08/15/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Studmuffyn
08/15/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Zezeall

Who is Mione?

A DK/DH that would solo bosses. But no, you are not soloing current World Bosses right now with the gear available, possible for some people later on in an expansion maybe, and yes ,no it did not happen that way in Vanilla , hardly any power creep.

Anyone who does do it early has found some exploit or bug.

Umm yea. You can give it a month before you get a video. It is not hard to figure out. You can self heal right? How hard does mob hit? Then what amount of armor for certain reduction. Then build talent to give you more. Then turn on PvP to get the extra whatever.
It may take you awhile but you will get it.

Another way find something with in your abilities against some things. Example havoc had something in PvP talent to do % of mana for damage. Things of that nature.

You can try to kite it.

I am not subbing to BFA just to solo a world boss on which i know I would.
08/15/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Elaice
It was more difficult then modern WoW, but not particularly hard.

and that was my point. that leveling back then was in fact harder then live.