Why Elves marry humans?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
08/13/2018 05:58 AMPosted by Phlynch
Only Windrunners marry humans. The rest of elfkind has better taste.

Speak for yourself. I am a man of much "greatness".

Ladies... :)
08/13/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Falarel
Because humans write these stories (especially guys) and they want to bang elves (especially the women), so their fave human character gets to do just that.

Hence, there's going to be male human x female elf all over fantasy fiction. In WoW, they did this to literally a whole family of elven sisters.

If there were more women writers, perhaps there would be more of the reverse? Do they like male elves as much? Idk

The owners of the Legedermain Lounge in Dalaran are a male Quel'dorei and a female human. He is behind the bar, and she's the inkeeper.
08/13/2018 07:32 AMPosted by Xenophontes
08/13/2018 05:58 AMPosted by Phlynch
Only Windrunners marry humans. The rest of elfkind has better taste.

Speak for yourself. I am a man of much "greatness".

Ladies... :)

Those who brag are often the ones with the least to offer.
interspecies relationships are just more interesting to most people as it shows how to people overcome differences in cultural, physical and possibly spiritual upbringing.

Dragon Age inquisition shows this when you start romancing The Iron Bull
Just a reminder, Elves are related to trolls.
to perpetuate the myth that as a real life human the player has a chance with their fantasy elf girl crush. its a feel good thing.
08/13/2018 05:58 AMPosted by Brauhn
08/13/2018 05:57 AMPosted by Vanillish
Alleria's been stuck with hers a lot longer than expected, so I imagine she'll want out soon.

"They just won't die!" -Alleria
That's why she dabbled in Void.... I'd have sex, but if the void and light touch we'd explode... but they say the hand works just as fine... I'll be sleeping, enjoy.
Considering that Elven males have far better "stamina" than Humans, it really makes no sense. Especially since Humans shrivel up and die in a measly 100 years.

Windrunners are a bunch of filthy deviants.
Windrunners are all degenerates. BASED Elisande called it how she saw it.

Quel'dorei? You are peasants playing at nobility, all too willing to mingle with lesser races that dilute your bloodline. You are unworthy of the name High Elves.
Humans are generally dumber than Elves and thus easier to control. Some Elf women appreciate having their own Neanderthal to boss around. It's like the way human women will leave an intelligent slender human male to run off with a jock who has an IQ in the single digits.
08/13/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Egotasius
Humans are generally dumber than Elves and thus easier to control. Some Elf women appreciate having their own Neanderthal to boss around. It's like the way human women will leave an intelligent slender human male to run off with a jock who has an IQ in the single digits.

Beefcake jock here, can confirm this guy's GF left him cause he was a weak brainlet.
08/13/2018 06:01 AMPosted by Magnarok
08/13/2018 05:57 AMPosted by Vanillish
Alleria's been stuck with hers a lot longer than expected, so I imagine she'll want out soon.

Oh that's why she starting playing around with the void! It's that old trick of taking up a bad/annoying habit to try and drive your other half into breaking up with you.

Kinda reminds me of the priest Noob dates in How To: Priest, by Nixxiom.
The sex is fun i am guessing
Men write the story and have a thing for elves.
08/13/2018 09:06 AMPosted by Hatred
Windrunners are all degenerates. BASED Elisande called it how she saw it.

[quote] Quel'dorei? You are peasants playing at nobility, all too willing to mingle with lesser races that dilute your bloodline. You are unworthy of the name High Elves.

Ah, I loved that part.

Why did we kill Elisande again?
Because human men write the story and can’t resist putting their boring as hell self inserts like Rhonin and Turalyon with hot elf women.
08/13/2018 06:42 AMPosted by Phelios
Elf female are women. Women are more sexual creaturea then you realized. There is a reason why divorce rates are so high and cheating married couples are usually in their 40s. Women drive hit another gear while men died down. Most dont act on it but 53% do sorta.

So imagine you are an elf girl who only do it once every six month due to the longevity of the elves. The men drives are proably low and the women evovled to match em.

Lore wise if they were as active as human we'd be playing as elves during the first war but aftef 10k year on Lordaeron and 7000 years average life span. They barely match the Captial City of Lordaeron population.

So in come human males who are stockier and gruffier but less learned than the male elf. Not only that most human males find female elves attractive. And women loves geniune compliments, they take pride that they can elicit that reaction out of men. Male elf on the other hands are way to cocky so even if human females go gah gah for them they wouldn only be arrogant about it. Shrug it off and go "of course lessor beings find me attractive."

In wc2 novelization Alleria greatly enjoyed teasing Turaylon by just being in his presence. It clearly made him uncomfortable with how hot she was and she knew it.

Then there is the final thing. Females elves find male humans can be intimated more than once a every six month or perhaps years and they are constantly raring to go.

Why do you think there is such a high population of half elves in Stormwind? Unless its been ret con.

So basically Elven women are built for breeding at the same rate as humans, but elven men are just lacking in that regard. Elven women also like being the one in control of the relationship but elven men have egos that are too big.

Result is that most elven women prefer to go after anything not an elven man.

Well that explains some of the fan art.
Because it is humans writing this game.

And it is a human fantasy to have a super-humanly attractive, super-humanly powerful immortal being who is totally into you. And ideally they share their immortality with you.

It is the same reason the Twilight books got over despite all their flaws.

But the whole human/elf thing goes back at least to Tolkien who even popularized the modern notion of elves and dwarfs that are used in WarCraft.

Although, really, the idea goes back at least to Greek Mythology where the gods were constantly getting with mortals-- even Israelite mythology had stories of their super-humanly beautiful and powerful angels falling for mortal women who then gave birth to giants, you'll find a small reference to it in your Torah/Bible today (even if the book that expounded more on the story isn't considered part of proper canon).
08/13/2018 06:04 AMPosted by Elechan
08/13/2018 06:01 AMPosted by Anareiel
Some of us like it thicc.

confirmed, all male elves have pencil thin peckers.

Wanna see my... "two-handed weapon?"