Horde Bias: Blood Elf racial overpowered for raid and dungeons and pvp still

General Discussion
08/15/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Mithrandys
Horde bias: I like the color red better than the color blue

Hey don't knock it! On some armor (like the one I t-mog to) the red looks a million times better than the blue.
The color red is always more expensive to insure. I think the horde will be hard to insure as well...
08/15/2018 03:19 PMPosted by Iyasra
Is blizz joking?? right after they nerfed blood elf racial for being too powerful they design all dungeon and raid content to make it extremely powerful than before and force hard core raiders to go blood elf again. Arcane Torrent will mean every world first will be Horde only since a lot of the creatures and bosses in BFA have self buffs that can be removed. Meanwhile the Alliance has zero good pve Racials.

If we want to be treated with respect we all gonna have to roll horde toons it seems.
08/15/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Curseplat
*popcorn*

Oh good, I could use some salt for this.

Never mind the fact that humans get free extra stats.

Direct from WoWhead:

You gain 2% more of all secondary stats (Haste, Critical Strike, Mastery, Versatility) from all sources.

Just gonna bold that last bit.

Also Allied races are biased towards humans and their +10% rep gain
Is blizz joking?? right after they nerfed blood elf racial for being too powerful they design all dungeon and raid content to make it extremely powerful than before and force hard core raiders to go blood elf again. Arcane Torrent will mean every world first will be Horde only since a lot of the creatures and bosses in BFA have self buffs that can be removed. Meanwhile the Alliance has zero good pve Racials.

*popcorn*

Direct from WoWhead:

You gain 2% more of all secondary stats (Haste, Critical Strike, Mastery, Versatility) from all sources.

my 2 mains are a blood elf and human :)

Im good.
08/15/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Sinfel
08/15/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Felsavior
Arcane torrent removes buffs now!?! I knew it didnt silence anymore, but didnt know we got that!

Are there even really buffs to remove now?

Thought most were axed at this point.

In the open world, not really unless it is a rare/elite. In dungeons, I am using it almost on cooldown sometimes.
Alliance bias:
The humans get easier access to allied races.
That means that blizzard hates the horde and we should all quit and race change to humans
08/15/2018 07:15 PMPosted by Heilot
Alliance bias:
The humans get easier access to allied races.
That means that blizzard hates the horde and we should all quit and race change to humans

That bias works out to a 4200 rep bonus from Neutral to exalted, effectively Humans start at Friendly.
08/15/2018 05:40 PMPosted by Eregar
Horde were going to get all the world firsts anyway. I mean, come on, the Alliance might as well be the tutorial of the game.

xD
The silence was better.... we used to coordinate heaps of interrupts during boss fights with other blood elves, it was super cheese.
Go see the racials of the mag'har and then come and tell me about horde bias.
Arcane Torrent will mean every world first will be Horde only since a lot of the creatures and bosses in BFA have self buffs that can be removed.
The new Arcane Torrent is nice but it's not necessarily a reason to roll a Belf for challenging content.
Meanwhile the Alliance has zero good pve Racials.
The Human racial is one of the best and its value will increase as the expansion goes on.
08/15/2018 05:40 PMPosted by Eregar
Horde were going to get all the world firsts anyway. I mean, come on, the Alliance might as well be the tutorial of the game.
Alliance seems to be too busy whining about bias anyway.

No it wont. and the fact that you're complaining when you're the only race that has a perma solution to the eternally locked in combat bug I dont want to hear a damn word out of your cakehole until you bring something to the table that you actually understand.
08/15/2018 03:33 PMPosted by Iyasra
*popcorn*

Direct from WoWhead:

You realize BFA makes all secondary stats useless?

I don't know about that. That 2% haste would come in real handy right about now.
There are plenty of purge options on the Alliance side. Matter of fact they gave it to all DHs in BFA.
Is the racial beneficial? Quite so! But as a utility with a long CD. I would say it will benefit dungeon a bit but you could make the same argument about the void elfs for DPS, or the High mountain taurens for tanking. Being that I can only think of one type of enemy that using my racial is actually useful VS using my consume magic over and thats the skeletons in both underrot and shadow caster tidesage groups on the cuthulu instance. Every other situation it actually hurts me to use it over that ability.

In PvP...are you kidding? there are much better abilities to use to purge buffs lol.
Clearly Undead have the most OP racial. We can breathe underwater indefinitely!
Is it that strong in pve? Don't quite a few classes have access to purges or even mass purges?

Also arcane torrent is now basically garbage for pvp. It just doesn't make a difference in a short fight and it takes all of half a second to redo your buff. It seems to only effect those 1 hour buff abilities they added in from what I can tell. I have admittedly lost interest after finding out it can't purge a pally's shield.

You know that many classes remove buffs, right?

Personally, I'd love to have the old Arcane Torrent back. I find it way more fun and beneficial than the mass magic cleanse on a 1.5 min timer.