Login Requires Subscription Bug

Mobile Bug Report
I subscribed to Wow but when I try to login to the companion app it still says "Login Requires Subscription." Any help would be appreciated.
You didn't buy BfA, did you?

The current app requires a BfA license. A subscription-only Legion-and-earlier license can't use the app, and there's nothing there for you to use anyway -- the new verson of the app only does BfA missions. No Legion order hall support.
08/21/2018 10:25 PMPosted by Sniperorc
You didn't buy BfA, did you?

The current app requires a BfA license. A subscription-only Legion-and-earlier license can't use the app, and there's nothing there for you to use anyway -- the new verson of the app only does BfA missions. No Legion order hall support.

Since you aren't a Blizzard employee, your claim is not valid. I've been using the old app for Legion stuff just fine. I'm not a sub, I exchange gold for game time. I also didn't buy BfA. So basically everything you just told this guy is false.
I guess I need make things more clear, and use small words for the sake of the audience.

If you are using the most recent update of the Companion app, your WoW license must be a BfA license. This makes sense because the new app doesn't access legion content at all; it only accesses BfA world quest maps, BfA missions, and a lightweight Armory page.

If you managed to prevent the Legion Companion app from updating into the WoW Companion app (described above), it will access Legion Order Hall missions and WQs, and would also only need a connection to a Legion WoW license. But you'd have to take specific precautions to keep the Legion app from updating into the BfA app, I wouldn't be certain of how well the old app would be supported.
Having the same issue. However my 110 pally is able to access the app but none of my other characters work.
09/24/2018 12:51 PMPosted by Exitiun
Having the same issue. However my 110 pally is able to access the app but none of my other characters work.

Also don't have a bfa license.
09/24/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Exitiun
09/24/2018 12:51 PMPosted by Exitiun

Also don't have a bfa license.
And that's your answer.

There is no Legion support in the Mobile app. If you're not playing BfA, you may as well delete the app for now.