Not feeling like I belong in Kul'tiras.

General Discussion
Hey guys, so, after leveling my human paladin everything felt right when leveling in Kul'tiras, now that I'm doing it with my druid... I don't really feel I belong there, everyone is human, I'm helping solving human problems and all that, I know that this is only the first part of the xpac where we are looking for allies and my character is the alliance emissary, but still, it feels off stopping pirates and stuff as a night elf druid.
Did you felt that way too when leveling something that isn't a human? Or does the horde side feel that way when not playing a troll in Zandalar?
Well I mean Kul'Tiras is a human country. How did you feel when you went to Pandaria? Horde is the same way though, nothing but Trolls
It's a specific theme, that's for sure!

I'm not into pirates.

There were a couple of things I still liked... like I liked sirens- but I wasn't a huge fan of how they did sirens.

I loved the FFXIV siren boss.

Still, there are redeeming elements. You could also pretend that you are there to bring the modern miracle of calisthenics to KT. You're a nature guy- pretend you aren't an elf... you're a Californian in the Midwest. =-)
08/21/2018 06:41 AMPosted by Elthunis
Did you felt that way too when leveling something that isn't a human?

No. As a matter of fact, I feel like I belong more in Kul Tiras than anywhere in Legion (aside of the Fel Hammer) because no one is pulling the "eww, a demon hunter, gross" shtick.
08/21/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Alleran
Well I mean Kul'Tiras is a human country. How did you feel when you went to Pandaria? Horde is the same way though, nothing but Trolls

I guess you're right, still, it's kinda awkward doing that kind of stuff as a night elf, specially a druid, then again, druids don't really fit into anything that doesn't involves nature...
How do you think the half of the Horde's population that is Belves feels about doing nothing but help our mortal enemy this whole expac?

I also don't know why a Night Elf would be anywhere near Kul'Tiras when the War of Thorns is still very much active, even if it has devolved into guerrilla warfare.
08/21/2018 06:49 AMPosted by Santhrenus
How do you think the half of the Horde's population that is Belves feels about doing nothing but help our mortal enemy this whole expac?

Not the Troll's fault that you jumped on the belf bandwagon.
I think you need to be a little less attached to your character, and just kill stuff to get gearz.

It wasn't like that in Draenor. Draenei took center stage but it certainly wasn't homogeneous like it is now.
It's weirdest when you are a void elf warlock being told that witches are evil and need to be destroyed. But what really put it over the top was when I noticed that the first witches I was being sent to fight had the same outfit as me (Cataclysmic Gladiator's Felweave Raiment - not what I'm wearing now).
alliance is the human faction and kul’tiras is a human nation. if you actually wanna feel like your character matters in that faction, reroll human
It's all about the Trolls on the Horde side too. Every zone has that Zandalari theme to it and most quests are about them.

I also don't know why a Night Elf would be anywhere near Kul'Tiras when the War of Thorns is still very much active, even if it has devolved into guerrilla warfare.

Well, half of my blood elves are now void elves. Those that aren't either can't be due to class restrictions or would lose access to a favorite transmog by switching.

So.. yeah. I absolutely hated the Horde zones. My mage made it to 113 before I decided it was either switch to Alliance for the first time in ~12 years or quit playing.
welcome to the alliance, aka humans and friends
Yeah, but then you get Drustvar and cool weird druidism! :P
You could always head back to Teldrassil
08/21/2018 06:57 AMPosted by Aelora
Yeah, but then you get Drustvar and cool weird druidism! :P

Well, I mean, the drusts and their decedents use death magic, even though death is part of nature's balance, I don't think night elf druidism is really into that...
08/21/2018 06:52 AMPosted by Shämble

It wasn't like that in Draenor. Draenei took center stage but it certainly wasn't homogeneous like it is now.

Most other expansions haven't been nearly this homogenous. Pandaria was I suppose, but typically expansions have had wildly differing themes for each zone, often focusing on different races in each.
08/21/2018 06:52 AMPosted by Shämble

Draenor? You mean a planet? Not a country?

Your mortal enemy is the amani, not trolls in general, otherwise the darkspear would hsve problems with you.
The zandalari are more the enemies of the night elves, whose evolution ushered in the end of their empire's golden age. The pandaren aren't too keen on then, but I'm pretty sure the pandaren would of quit the horde by now if it wasn't for the fact that playing both sides was keeping pandaria safe from more RvB stupidity