Maybe Pally?

Paladin
So first and foremost, I am not looking for a FotM choice or asking which is the most 'fun'. Just trying to understand different classes based on where we are on beta to current patch and planned changes already released. With that, I am a returning player that has been away for some time (MoP) who barely touched Legion but am looking to get back into WoW seriously this expansion. The problem is with so much that has changed, I feel like every class is not the same as when I left and am having trouble deciding what to play. I have played the class trials and have a feel for stylistically at least which I would enjoy but it doesn’t give me a clear picture of what max level is like or how they perform in areas I like. Below is a 'wishlist' that hopefully be able to help y’all help me in learning about max level and who gets a boost lol.

Info/Wishlist:
-Casual PvP with minimal PvE.
-Mainly Bgs, half the time being arena and Rbgs. Not going for Glad or R1 just want to be viable and have a decent enough time
-Managing Pet isn’t ideal but not a deal breaker
-Burst is more ‘fun’ but winning is king
-Not overly complex. Still leaning keyboard and mouse again so minimal keybinds/macros
-Average to Decent survivability
-Decent to above average mobility would be ideal
-Melee pref but not opposed to ranged, cast times are my main issue with ranged
-played MoP Rdruid, Cata FDK, Legion-Fury Warr
-Rogue, Warr, and Enh Shaman interest me the most for this expansion based on class trial but I keep being told possibly ret is nice and I am open to others if you believe fits above
-Off spec of healing nice as healing is something I don’t mind to do every once in awhile

I appreciate you taking the time to read and help me. Hopefully I have provided enough info to not make this the typical what’s FotM class or what’s the most ‘fun’ class like usual topics.
I very nearly chose to main a rogue this expansion, but ultimately went for paladin because I love prot tanking. Ret paladin would definitely meet more of your criteria, but I can also vouch for subtlety rogue. Sub rogue has insane burst, and in my opinion a pretty engaging rotation. Some players do find the sub rogue rotation a bit too complex, but in my opinion the only challenge is optimally managing resources.

Go with a ret pally if you want an easy (and smooth) rotation, durability, and the option to tank or heal. Try a sub rogue if you'd like a more interesting rotation and playstyle, two other DPS specs to dabble in, and more mobility and burst. Both are very fun and powerful in PvP; while I often find ret's rotation underwhelming in PvE, the class is never dull for me in arenas and BGs.
08/22/2018 09:09 PMPosted by Viani
I very nearly chose to main a rogue this expansion, but ultimately went for paladin because I love prot tanking. Ret paladin would definitely meet more of your criteria, but I can also vouch for subtlety rogue. Sub rogue has insane burst, and in my opinion a pretty engaging rotation. Some players do find the sub rogue rotation a bit too complex, but in my opinion the only challenge is optimally managing resources.

Go with a ret pally if you want an easy (and smooth) rotation, durability, and the option to tank or heal. Try a sub rogue if you'd like a more interesting rotation and playstyle, two other DPS specs to dabble in, and more mobility and burst. Both are very fun and powerful in PvP; while I often find ret's rotation underwhelming in PvE, the class is never dull for me in arenas and BGs.

Sub rogue isn't even as close to complex as it was in legion.

Ret paladin is pretty straightforward, don't overshoot your holy power and use blade of justice when you can. Lots of survivability to handle all types of content so you'll be able to casually jump between modes.
How bad is Ret mobility though because if you believe the forums. It’s like being a fat kid in PE trying to catch usain bolt. Lol
08/22/2018 09:53 PMPosted by Toweliee
How bad is Ret mobility though because if you believe the forums. It’s like being a fat kid in PE trying to catch usain bolt. Lol

That seems about right.
Survival Hunter meets most of your criteria with the exception of healing spec and a pet.

It’s not complicated with the revamp and has good mobility, self-healing and escapes.

You also get two other dps specs to play with.
I only use ret to do WQ and farm mounts, it’s a straight forward spec but quite boring imo
Have you considered Monk yet? They seem to fit a lot of your criteria as well.
08/23/2018 06:46 AMPosted by Rezzy
I only use ret to do WQ and farm mounts, it’s a straight forward spec but quite boring imo

And that’s one of my fears with Ret is it being boring as well as the mobility piece. What’s the point in playing if your bored right? But boring is also a very relative view point.