Gold farming...? Please don't hurt me

General Discussion
I'm out of options. I don't know how everyone else does it, but I just can't make gold. I have 5,000 gold on average per toon. What is the quickest wayt o make gold? Please specify every detail so I know exactly what to do. I'm making a transmog that includes the Jewel of the Firelord and I'm desperate to get it. Plus I don't wanna have to keep paying for WoW because I can't make gold. PLEASE tell me a very quick method of making gold. No, I'm not trolling.
professions/farming raids/mats right now bfa mats sell for alot.
Do you have a 120? If so, open the premade group finder and search "farm".

I made 1m gold last night. You're welcome.
I'm pretty new and NO ONE WILL TELL ME WHAT THE HELL MATS ARE!!!
08/19/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Códy

:o

Time to get to 120.

08/19/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Palnei

It's short for "materials." They're the things that people use in professions. The BfA mats are very valuable cuz they're new.
Materials. Metals, herbs, and other things gathered by doing gathering professions.
08/19/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Palnei

Materials.

Oh, umm...

THANK you, random angel! I thought those made, like, 3k gold.
How long does it take to get to 120 from 110? I have some heirlooms, and I'm revered with my guild right now, can I buy the rest?
Ores herbs fish my dude thats the mats
Easy Mode: Go mining/herbalism and just sell everything you get.

Hard Mode: Play the auction house, buy low, sell high.

RP mode: Sell your bodily services in RP

Nu WoW mode: buy wow tokens

My question to you would be what exactly do you need gold for? most raid guilds manage to get resources together in their own right and non raiders only really spend gold on leveling professions and getting cosmetic stuff.
08/19/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Palnei
How long does it take to get to 120 from 110? I have some heirlooms, and I'm revered with my guild right now, can I buy the rest?

about 2-3 days you will make 30k or so from questing through all zones dont use heirlooms use the gear you get from quests you will just hamper yourself if you use heirlooms
Again, I need gold so I don't have to keep paying for WoW because I suck and so I can get the cosmetic Jewel of the Firelord for my transmog.
Start a new character.

Kill some mobs and complete starting quests, selling drops (minus gear upgrades) to a vendor to earn a few silver.

Head to the closest main city and find the Herbalism and Mining professions and pay to start learning them.

Go to the magnifying glass on your minimap to make sure you are tracking both.

Level up normally, but go out of your way to gather every node possible.

Sell everything on the AH.

Buy bigger bags.

Harvest more mats.

Sell them.

At this point you can continue to farm and sell, or start working the AH, buying the items you’ve been harvesting when they are on sale for cheap and selling them when the price goes up.
So what others have said is good. What I do is work for a living, get some
Extra clients done, buy a wow token and sell it for 180k. Take that money and level up a profession like alchemy or bag making and then money problems go away.

I mean think about it. You can spend 8 hours or more hunting down materials like ore, herbs, rare cloth and things to sell in the auction house.....OR go work 1 hour and buy a wow token for 25 (Canadian, it’s 19 American) and make 180k. Or work 1 extra hour a day for a week and buy 7 or 8 wow tokens and sell them....and have 1 million gold or more. And then level a profession to max and craft insanely high cost things and sell them. Pretty obvious which way is a better use of your time.
Don't just wait until 120 to start farming. Pick up mining and herbology and gather while you run around leveling. Ore and herbs are selling really well right now. If you want to do a craft, you can drop one of the gathering professions and pick up a craft in its place at 120.

Also, scrap all the random gear you find and sell those mats too. It's a start, anyway.
I hate to be Debbie da downer but if you didn't know what "mats" were then I don't think you're farming is going to go too well.

How they do the farm groups is fishing for a 350 BoE epic to drop. Even if it does you still have to find a sucker...err I mean a buyer....for it.+

There are guides online so you can google making gold on WoW. They will basically tell you play the AH. That means looking what is selling cheap that you can buy and resell for a profit.

It's took a hit but the "quickest" way to get gold is to buy tokens to sell on the AH.
Farm old raids for gold. Pick up professions; craft and sell stuff that people need. Sell transmog or bags or potions/flasks; gear etc. 111 gear is oversaturated 120 gear would sell better.

Heirlooms won't help with 110-120 since the upgrades for this expansion aren't up yet (if you can use them at 110; you are nerfing your twink power).
I made 1m gold last night.

what in the hell
08/19/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Exó
I hate to be Debbie da downer but if you didn't know what "mats" were then I don't think you're farming is going to go too well.

How they do the farm groups is fishing for a 350 BoE epic to drop. Even if it does you still have to find a sucker...err I mean a buyer....for it.+

There are guides online so you can google making gold on WoW. They will basically tell you play the AH. That means looking what is selling cheap that you can buy and resell for a profit.

It's took a hit but the "quickest" way to get gold is to buy tokens to sell on the AH.

I did try "playing the AH" once with darkmoon daggermaw and made 23 gold in 30 seconds before another guy bought all of mine up and I didn't have enough gold to buy all of his.

08/19/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Esardrel
Farm old raids for gold. Pick up professions; craft and sell stuff that people need. Sell transmog or bags or potions/flasks; gear etc. 111 gear is oversaturated 120 gear would sell better.

Heirlooms won't help with 110-120 since the upgrades for this expansion aren't up yet (if you can use them at 110; you are nerfing your twink power).

I tried farming old raids. It was a HUGE waste of time. Also, I don't care about how bad heirlooms are at keeping me safe. As long as I get the EXP boost, I'm fine with it.