Gold farming...? Please don't hurt me

General Discussion
08/19/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Palnei
08/19/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Exó
I hate to be Debbie da downer but if you didn't know what "mats" were then I don't think you're farming is going to go too well.

How they do the farm groups is fishing for a 350 BoE epic to drop. Even if it does you still have to find a sucker...err I mean a buyer....for it.+

There are guides online so you can google making gold on WoW. They will basically tell you play the AH. That means looking what is selling cheap that you can buy and resell for a profit.

It's took a hit but the "quickest" way to get gold is to buy tokens to sell on the AH.

I did try "playing the AH" once with darkmoon daggermaw and made 23 gold in 30 seconds before another guy bought all of mine up and I didn't have enough gold to buy all of his.

08/19/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Esardrel
Farm old raids for gold. Pick up professions; craft and sell stuff that people need. Sell transmog or bags or potions/flasks; gear etc. 111 gear is oversaturated 120 gear would sell better.

Heirlooms won't help with 110-120 since the upgrades for this expansion aren't up yet (if you can use them at 110; you are nerfing your twink power).

I tried farming old raids. It was a HUGE waste of time. Also, I don't care about how bad heirlooms are at keeping me safe. As long as I get the EXP boost, I'm fine with it.

You don't, though. EXP buffs stop at 110. Also, you shouldn't be concerned with leveling that fast if you're this new to the game.
08/19/2018 10:07 AMPosted by Runedblade
08/19/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Códy
I made 1m gold last night.

what in the hell

OP can try farming the boe mounts in 5 mans; probably where they made 1 million, those mounts sell for about that though it's a load of rng. You could try the looms from 110-111 should give a partial boost in theory. Legion I used to use them early 98-100 on dh though the ilvl was garbage in comparison with starter gear.
https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-token
1. Pick up two gathering professions. If you're not averse to add-ons, get Gathermate2 which will track herb/ore/fish nodes you find in each zone. This will give you an idea of what mats are available in what zones for gathering.

2. Sell all your mats on the auction house. If you're just starting out, I would suggest using Auctionator to find the proper prices for your materials and the add-on allows you to relist your items whenever you are undercut by a competitor.

3. Sell every gray item you get while out questing. Some of these will net hefty amounts of gold. If you want an add-on to automatically sell your grays when visiting a vendor (and automatically repair your armor for you as well), I'd suggest using the Scrap add-on.

That's how I'd get started before moving up to crafting items for sale and more complicated forms of earning gold.
Good point:

Easy setup: Gathermate 2 and list all your items on AH from Battle. They are still going high right now.

More complicated: Send your mining/skins/herbs to your profession alts to refine them. My alchemist does nicely when mythic + and raids open.
so wierd I rarely sell on ah I horde most my stuffs for friends and family. I haven't gold farmed since like Wrath. how so people have no gold.
OP really sounds like a troll. But I'll be nice and give some advice. Mainly, learning how to make a bunch gold will take awhile. I suppose that playing the Auction House is "easy" for some, but most will have to learn painfully. The route which is easiest to follow is just to have gathering professions, and sell the ore and herbs you get.

But really the best use of your time is to make money in the real world and buy a damn token.
08/19/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Palnei
I'm pretty new and NO ONE WILL TELL ME WHAT THE HELL MATS ARE!!!

Mats are materials that are used/needed in crafting things. These include ore (mining,) plants (herbalism,) leather (skinning,) for the most part. Also anything in your bags that says "Crafting material" when you mouse over it can be used in cooking, or some form of crafting thus is considered a "mat."

You usually need to collect these then put them in the Auction House preferably in groups of 100 each (a stack of 100) but please, no less than say 20. Those who do this 1 at a time drive us nuts, contribute to lag at the AH and most of us are rather boycotting them consequently.

When you are crafting you need quite a few items at a time, buying 1 at a time can take forever! Plus it's usually more expensive.

I suggest mining and herbalism, though skinning is probably fairly lucrative as well.
Do you have a 120? If so, open the premade group finder and search "farm".

I made 1m gold last night. You're welcome.

You are full of it, you did not make 1mill gold last night... go blow smoke up someone elses hiney.
08/19/2018 11:50 AMPosted by Aristos

You are full of it, you did not make 1mill gold last night... go blow smoke up someone elses hiney.

Bruh you have no idea what's going down right now do you
Let me get this out of the way: I want to STOP paying money. I'm not gonna buy a WoW Token unless it's in the AH.
I can tell you how to not make gold... don't take engineering AND blacksmithing as professions without a mining character.
08/19/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Palnei
Let me get this out of the way: I want to STOP paying money. I'm not gonna buy a WoW Token unless it's in the AH.

Listen, time is the same in game or outside the game.

The only common thing here is TIME. What you do in game to make gold WILL take time.

What you do outside the game to make USD, will take time.

Whatever takes you LESS time is what you need to do.

If it takes you 1 hour in real life to make $20 then it might be better for you to do that and buy the token.

Don't be a noob at life.
I've been getting a TON of greens while farming the Dune Scavenger and I've been scrapping them for mats and then selling the mats to players in trade chat. Made 19k gold last night just from that
08/19/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Palnei
I think that with a name like Palnei as a Draenei paladin that is legendary and I trust you to get to 120 the clean way.
OP is a troll. He wants to easily make a bunch of gold so he doesn't have to pay for a sub? He has never made a bunch of gold apparently, but figures it only takes ten minutes for somebody to tell him. I hate to break it to you, OP, but if it were that easy, everybody would be making tons of gold. The people who know how to make gold, have been at it for a long time, and it took them awhile to figure the ins and outs.
08/19/2018 11:50 AMPosted by Aristos

Dude. I'm sitting at almost 2mil gold right now. Yesterday I had a little under 200k.

Open the group finder, search for farm groups. It's insane. You get BoE epics and mounts that sell for several hundred thousand gold.
I'm done, this is just complete !@#$. WoW players are all %^-*!@#s today.
I made 130,000 gold in a hour from farmings winter’s kiss That stuff is selling like crazy rn.