Wait seriously? Mobs scale with iLvl?

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 17 Next
08/20/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Kratosyaya
People expect to be God's running around in their normal dungeon gear. Lol k.

I'm 320 and have no issues doing WQ. Yea if I pull 5 or 6 mobs I'm going to have to pop defensives. The horror..

If you want to feel powerful, get powerful gear.

How about you shove that soapbox you're standing on up your butt. Not everyone has healing like a priest.
It's not even hard... I didn't notice a single issue leveling, just killed things. World quests are the same, maybe can't solo elites intended for a group, which seems correct.
08/20/2018 02:16 PMPosted by Kratosyaya
08/20/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Nighdarke
NOT EVERYONE RUNS DUNGEONS AND RAIDS! Scaling max level around that gear leaves a whole ton of players plain screwed! OMG how is this hard to understand? It's messed up, it should never be like that.

You dont do dungeons and raids yet you still feel like you deserve to feel powerful? Why?

Is it really that hard to understand that some people might like to ENJOY their questing/world questing experience without getting wrecked if they happen to pull more than two mobs? People shouldn't need raid gear to do non-instanced content.
Broken game design.

Blizz needs to fire the number crunchers that has screwed the game's scaling up.

And give all the bonus money to the Art department who's done an amazing job.

I mean seriously, if this issue isn't addressed soon, Blizzard's likely going to see massive subscription drops by the end of the month once the "new expac" smell wears off.

Core fundemental MMORPG concepts are being broken here and it's absolutely NOT fun.
WOW is the only game where you feel less powerful as you level. I guess this game is an old age simulator.
08/19/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Linc
They scaled all they way back in 7.2

The tuning is just off right now.

To be fair 7.2 we could still out gear mobs they only scaled in lvl now they scale with ilvl as well so 120 + ilvl = hp/dmg
This is a combination of scaling stuff.

1) You left Legion decked in raid epics and legendaries. You replaced those with questing gear, of course max level mobs are stronger than they were back on the Broken Isles.

2) ilvl scaling: Not the doom of the world, ilvl scaling is there so WQs never become completely trivial. You do not reduce in overall power as you gear, but the speed at which you outclass mobs is slower than it was in past expansions. Perhaps the tuning is slightly off, but you aren't actually weakening. As others pointed out, there will come a point where you'll have good enough gear that the scaling won't be relevant anymore and we'll be back to steamrolling WQs like last month.
i get on my 110 dk and own everything. same on the paladin. get on my 120 and spend a year trying to kill things, ending up with 20% hp. yeah cool....
Quite possibly THE worst mechanic ever introduced into an MMO. Ever!
08/20/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Therothe
08/20/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Kratosyaya
People expect to be God's running around in their normal dungeon gear. Lol k.

I'm 320 and have no issues doing WQ. Yea if I pull 5 or 6 mobs I'm going to have to pop defensives. The horror..

If you want to feel powerful, get powerful gear.

How about you shove that soapbox you're standing on up your butt. Not everyone has healing like a priest.

Yea either do Warriors. Maybe dont pull giant packs until you start getting gear. Why is that such an outlandish thing..

08/20/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Hardwire

You dont do dungeons and raids yet you still feel like you deserve to feel powerful? Why?

Is it really that hard to understand that some people might like to ENJOY their questing/world questing experience without getting wrecked if they happen to pull more than two mobs? People shouldn't need raid gear to do non-instanced content.

TIL normal dungeons and WQ gear is raid gear.
08/20/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Presumption
WOW is the only game where you feel less powerful as you level. I guess this game is an old age simulator.

Lmao; I don't know if things get better with heroic/mythic gear yet. Have been zerging pathfinder part 1, lol. The amount of consumables I used to level 116-120 is likely sad; I still am using consumables to do some wqs, lol. I don't recall this being a thing as badly in Legion.
08/20/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Avery
You do not reduce in overall power as you gear, but the speed at which you outclass mobs is slower than it was in past expansions.

Wrong, going from fresh 120 w/ quest greens to dungeon + a few heroic dungeon blue items has made me weaker in PvE world content.
08/20/2018 08:46 AMPosted by Neoforce
08/19/2018 01:13 PMPosted by Ginrei

This is different they keep scaling with your gear ilvl when you hit 120 so you keep feeling week as you gear up.
sigh. Is no one reading anything?

At 300 the scaling starts declining.

Once you hit 320ish you start facerolling the mobs again.

So with other words those who are not into gear grinding get hit hardest why those who run dungeons/raid will have it easy. Ilvl scaling would make sense above raid ilvl, not lower.
I can't even bring myself to play anymore, I guess retail is over for me. Wish I hadn't even bothered with the expansion. So many awful idea being held onto that are detrimental to the health of the game and my interest in it. Been finding other things to do until classic arrives. The place where gear really matters and crafting has a lot more variety then this current watered down garbage.
08/20/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Nighdarke
NOT EVERYONE RUNS DUNGEONS AND RAIDS! Scaling max level around that gear leaves a whole ton of players plain screwed! OMG how is this hard to understand? It's messed up, it should never be like that.

You run dungeons and raids and want to roll world mobs as well. Why? Wouldn't it be better your gear scales so that the world stays interesting for you and those who only play in the world feel stronger when they get higher gear?
This whole thing is backwards.
08/20/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Wispsong

You run dungeons and raids and want to roll world mobs as well. Why? Wouldn't it be better your gear scales so that the world stays interesting for you and those who only play in the world feel stronger when they get higher gear?
This whole thing is backwards.

I do content to acquire powerful gear, which in turn makes me powerful. Whats backwards about that? You don't want to do any content that gives you powerful gear yet you want to still faceroll mobs? Dungeons, raids and world quests are all part of this world you speak of.
if one more ret pally comes in here "i don't get it guys everything is fine im wrecking" im gonna rage
08/20/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Avery
This is a combination of scaling stuff.

1) You left Legion decked in raid epics and legendaries. You replaced those with questing gear, of course max level mobs are stronger than they were back on the Broken Isles.

2) ilvl scaling: Not the doom of the world, ilvl scaling is there so WQs never become completely trivial. You do not reduce in overall power as you gear, but the speed at which you outclass mobs is slower than it was in past expansions. Perhaps the tuning is slightly off, but you aren't actually weakening. As others pointed out, there will come a point where you'll have good enough gear that the scaling won't be relevant anymore and we'll be back to steamrolling WQs like last month.

i've read this same incorrect analysis of the situation in at least a dozen threads today, jesus christ you people are stupid
08/20/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Fyra
Wrong, going from fresh 120 w/ quest greens to dungeon + a few heroic dungeon blue items has made me weaker in PvE world content.

I've had the opposite experience.

Did you somehow become worse at the game doing those few heroic dungeons?

WQs that involved a lot of killing were awful as soon as I hit 120. They are so much easier now that I've gained 30 ilvls.

If I've noticed anything, it's that mob damage scales harder than it should. I can kill stuff fast, but die pretty fast if I'm not paying attention.
I'm against level/ilvl scaling in pretty much any game, personally. I want to level and get gear to be stronger than the mobs I fought last level, not to be on the same page. Why even have levels?