New Class Trials

Customer Support
Hi, I noticed that Class Trials no longer start at 100, and I am just curious, but how come you guys removed our Garrison Hearthstone? Like if you try to go to Stormshield/Warspear and fly to there, It's just ground; nothing at all

I mean it's not a big issue or anything, just wondering if this was intended

Thank you for reading!
And also are you able to do a quest or anything to Unlock a Garrison? It's been so long I have forgotten
08/20/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Thunderstorm
Hi, I noticed that Class Trials no longer start at 100, and I am just curious, but how come you guys removed our Garrison Hearthstone?

I would imagine because the Garrison is no longer current content and the level 110 boost does not provide a Garrison like the lvl 100 boost did.
08/20/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Thunderstorm
And also are you able to do a quest or anything to Unlock a Garrison? It's been so long I have forgotten
You can. A couple of options.
1. Go to Blasted Lands and go through the portal.
2. Go to Timeless Isle and use the hidden port in the hidden cave, under the boat with the pirates, near the frogs. Sit in a chair and click the fire. It takes you to an Island in Gorgrond. From there go to Frostfire for Horde or Shadowmoon Valley for Alliance, to where the port will be after you get your Garrison to level 3. You can pick up the quest to start your garrison there.

I've done both with ways with Demon Hunters.
Hi, I noticed that Class Trials no longer start at 100, and I am just curious, but how come you guys removed our Garrison Hearthstone?

I can't speak for Development, Thunderstorm, but odds are the level 100 boost is reflecting how the 110 works. Basically, because Warlords of Draenor is no longer current content the boost doesn't provide a jump into that older content.

Absolutely.

If you haven't done any of the quests you should be able to speak to Archmage Khadgar and pick up "The Dark Portal".

If you aren't sure, try walking (be sure you are not on a mount) through the portal in the Blasted Lands. Make sure you have trivial quests tracked as most of these are level 90 quests and might not be visible to you on the minimap.
08/20/2018 12:46 PMPosted by Rufflebottom
You can. A couple of options.
2. Go to Timeless Isle and use the hidden port in the hidden cave, under the boat with the pirates, near the frogs. Sit in a chair and click the fire. It takes you to an Island in Gorgrond. From there go to Frostfire for Horde or Shadowmoon Valley for Alliance, to where the port will be after you get your Garrison to level 3. You can pick up the quest to start your garrison there.

Have you tried that method recently? I tried to do that a few weeks ago and it shows as empty with no quests now.
08/20/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Vrakthris

I can't speak for Development, Thunderstorm, but odds are the level 100 boost is reflecting how the 110 works. Basically, because Warlords of Draenor is no longer current content the boost doesn't provide a jump into that older content.

Absolutely.

If you haven't done any of the quests you should be able to speak to Archmage Khadgar and pick up "The Dark Portal".

If you aren't sure, try walking (be sure you are not on a mount) through the portal in the Blasted Lands. Make sure you have trivial quests tracked as most of these are level 90 quests and might not be visible to you on the minimap.

Alternatively, you can skip that whole dark portal schpiel and use the underwater cave in the Timeless Isle's southeastern water area, fly/run from Gorgrond to your respective first quest location near where your garrisons are located, and go from there. No need to do those time consuming Badghar quests.
08/20/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Praetorian
Have you tried that method recently? I tried to do that a few weeks ago and it shows as empty with no quests now.
Recently. I did it on my DK a week or so before BfA launched. I didn't want to the the scenario again. I have not since BfA launched on Monday.
Edit
fixed time-frame
What's weird is that I've been seeing these posts for boosts but when *I* boosted my Horde Priest about 2 months ago, a Garrison Hearthstone just appeared in my bags and when I hearthed there, I had a level 3 Horde Garrison already in place.
Has that been changed?
Well, it would appear that they noticed how people were boosting level 100 trials cause it gave them a level 3 garrison with hearthstone and rather than extend that to the 110 boosts, they just... removed the perks of the level 100 trial.

While it certainly is a solution, it's the opposite of a beneficial one.
08/20/2018 02:00 PMPosted by Zeropointt
What's weird is that I've been seeing these posts for boosts but when *I* boosted my Horde Priest about 2 months ago, a Garrison Hearthstone just appeared in my bags and when I hearthed there, I had a level 3 Horde Garrison already in place.
Has that been changed?

Changed.

Khadgar has always been waiting in front of the Dark Portal. He should have the quest for people who need it there.
How does this get a blue response but absolutely nothing for the classes who feel like a train wreck with such low haste.
08/20/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Hòóligan
How does this get a blue response but absolutely nothing for the classes who feel like a train wreck with such low haste.

Because the Support Forum Agent who posted in this thread does not make developmental changes. Class balance issues are purely in the hands of the Devs themselves. However, if you wish to leave constructive feedback for the Devs about classes, it would be best to post in the Class forums.
Better question: Why did this get moved after Vrak had already posted in it?

o.O
<span class="truncated">...</span>You can. A couple of options.

Sorry to bump this, but Confirmed - I went to the area, It shows the " ! " on map, but nothing/nobody is there, I'm sure it's not intended and wonder if a possible fix could be done for this

edit: I mean besides the Gronnlings battling eachother lol, and a couple tables on the ground
Thunderstorm, your name threw me off, I was going like: "When did I make this thread?"
08/23/2018 06:03 PMPosted by Thunderstorm
Sorry to bump this, but Confirmed - I went to the area, It shows the " ! " on map, but nothing/nobody is there, I'm sure it's not intended and wonder if a possible fix could be done for this

edit: I mean besides the Gronnlings battling eachother lol, and a couple tables on the ground
You start at the water where your shipyard goes, not where the garrison is.

Edit:
I went to Southwind Shore in Frostfire Ridge on my Nightbourne on Aug 24, and was able to start the quest "A Song of Frost and Fire". That one takes you to introduce you to the Mag'har Orcs and then to where you build your garrison.