Are hunters getting looked into or ignored?

Hunter
Are hunters getting looked into or ignored?

obviously i don't mean completely ignored, just not greatly considered.
BM/sv feel great, but i sure hope mm is looking forward to a rework in 8.1
Yeah I don't think a hotfix is going to fix MM, but they said the first real tuning patch will be before the raid drops so I have my fingers crossed for our MM friends!!
MM Feels great, I am enjoying every aspect of PVE
08/26/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Mæstro

There's always 1!

Glad you're enjoying it but the majority hates it, friend.
08/26/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Mæstro

I liked you comment. I am glad you like it. Someone has to. Not being a smart !@#.

The class is not fun at all anymore. I left a warrior with 219 days played, a mage with 120 a shaman with 110 and a druid 80 days to play hunter... haven't once considered switching my main until this crap.

I've always had options to play other toons but hunters offered me something no other class did consistently ...mobility.
MM is good in solo if you use pet for aggro or you might have some problems with groups. In dungeons the crits are insane, i did 70k crit ilvl 305
But MM is kinda slow. I dont think PvP is where it shines if focused by melee dps.
08/26/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Granhorn
MM is good in solo if you use pet for aggro or you might have some problems with groups. In dungeons the crits are insane, i did 70k crit ilvl 305

Spoiler alert. A high crit means exactly !@#$all for dps and viability. I'm glad you can crit for 70k but that literally means nothing if the other 3m of the fight you're sitting on your hands.

Seriously. Just think before you post something like this.
Im personally loving MM in PvE.

Most people can't compete with my solo dmg, let alone my AoE.

PvP is hilarious when I sneak up on someone.

Lone Wolf+Hunters Mark+DT+AimedShot=You die.

Ive crit Pally's for 40k back to back Aimed Shots with Double Tap and anything I crit against just drops deadif they aren't in plate. So satisfying. Even nicer since Camo doesn't drop until the end of Aimed Shots Lengthy Cast.

They never see you coming...
08/26/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Shootrmgaven

Ive crit Pally's for 40k back to back Aimed Shots with Double Tap and anything I crit against just drops deadif they aren't in plate. So satisfying. Even nicer since Camo doesn't drop until the end of Aimed Shots Lengthy Cast.

You must not be playing with many DH, Warriors, Rogues or Monks in your groups then.
08/26/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Lekai
08/26/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Shootrmgaven

You must not be playing with many DH, Warriors, Rogues or Monks in your groups then.

Plenty actually. And I get way more cudos for being mechanically useful as appose to the later classes ;)
I really don't enjoy MM pvpwise since the WoTLK. In Legion i could manage to do well in RBGs with it, playing as a generic caster class. In BfA i just can't play it. I'm almost over the fact that MM is a caster spec now (since Cata), and that i have to sit there waiting for my aimed shot to go out and do something, but the spec now is just lacking on survivability and usefulness. In BGs you have to sit behind and hope nobody comes to get you. You have almost nothing when it comes to kiting potential to win a duel or even survive a warrior, paladin or any melee class in that matter that comes in melee range with you. In PvE i don't really care that much, just sit there and do damage. But for PvPing i don't feel that the spec is anywhere near viable. Survival is good but sometimes it feels like an unfinished spec with close to none situational skills for survivability and such, for the name of the spec i expected more survivability than the other specs, not the same or even less for being a semi-melee spec.

Really unhappy with the class right now. Other classes seem so much more viable and useful on PvP. And being a main MM-Hunter since BC, it really hurts me that my main spec is so not fun/useful right now that i'm thinking on coming back into more serious PvP.

Hopefully they change it once again and make it good again, maybe starting on having Kill Shot back would be a good start =P.
Feel like if they fixed the level 100 talents or atleast buffed them and made the spec alittle faster the spec would feel better
08/26/2018 05:17 PMPosted by Rednas
I really don't enjoy MM pvpwise since the WoTLK. In Legion i could manage to do well in RBGs with it, playing as a generic caster class. In BfA i just can't play it. I'm almost over the fact that MM is a caster spec now (since Cata), and that i have to sit there waiting for my aimed shot to go out and do something, but the spec now is just lacking on survivability and usefulness. In BGs you have to sit behind and hope nobody comes to get you. You have almost nothing when it comes to kiting potential to win a duel or even survive a warrior, paladin or any melee class in that matter that comes in melee range with you. In PvE i don't really care that much, just sit there and do damage. But for PvPing i don't feel that the spec is anywhere near viable. Survival is good but sometimes it feels like an unfinished spec with close to none situational skills for survivability and such, for the name of the spec i expected more survivability than the other specs, not the same or even less for being a semi-melee spec.

Really unhappy with the class right now. Other classes seem so much more viable and useful on PvP. And being a main MM-Hunter since BC, it really hurts me that my main spec is so not fun/useful right now that i'm thinking on coming back into more serious PvP.

Hopefully they change it once again and make it good again, maybe starting on having Kill Shot back would be a good start =P.

This is kind of how i feel. Haven't tried BM yet and i won't and never have played Surv., i just have no interest. But MM feels very lacking in PvP. I like that there are possibilities like with Sniper shot but it takes 2.5 seconds to get off and if you are noticed, someone is on you before it is even useful to try. Most of the Warmode talents seem meh when combined with the fact that you are easy prey. There is rarely if ever counter play, everthing is a long cast that feels very mild, almost like you are tickling people rather than actually doing anything. Nothing feels like it has real punch.

For some reason pet's do almost nothing and take forever to get anywhere. Almost like they are taking a leisurely walk to get to an enemy EVERY time.

Most CC is instatrinketed or every melee has a gap closer or 3 to sit on you, no self heal or survivability to speak of, our self heal has a 2 min cd that can be shortened with a talent for a whole 30% of health (rogues have a self heal for the SAME amount every 30 seconds and they can improve how much it heals EVERY 30 seconds with a talent). Trueshot as a CD on a 3 min cd is just terrible, (woohoo 1 whole aimed shot every 3 mins and 15 seconds ie. 12% of the time if you use it on cd every time for haste buff, don't know what i will do with the excitement).

Talents are all fubar with things that should be baseline stuck being a "meaningful" choice. Level 100 tier (TOP TIER) talent of LnL is a joke with a 5% RNG proc, it literally can take 5 mins for it to go off and then woohoo you get that 1 aimed shot off (again with the big excitement). 5% is like a freaking slap in the face. In BG's i have gone so long without a proc i have gone an entire BG (several times) without seeing it go off once, i think that is pretty sad.

Of course i have yet to get to 120 and i hope it improves by then, but i am skeptical atm as i level through BG's, but some of that is just how incredibly bad Legion MM was and how i had to sit my Hunters for the entire expansion.