Almost all mayors and captains are female

General Discussion
Prev 1 16 17 18 26 Next
08/28/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Archona
08/28/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Rorrand

Yes, you are.

No, you don't.

You're making assumptions based on prejudicial thought patterns. Either that or you're just a hateful jerk.

If you can prove he's not married, please do so...noting that there are more females than males doesn't make someone sexist...it makes them observant.

I think the general consensus is that it goes beyond a mere observation when you feel the need to make a thread about it. I observed a lot of goblins during my first war campaign quest on my worgen. Does that warrant a thread too?
08/28/2018 02:30 PMPosted by Ortanta
Yet you still got the warbringers being all female wrong....again.

Jaina, Sylvanas, Azshara

Not agreeing with the OP but what are you talking about?
08/28/2018 04:08 PMPosted by Valdore
boo hoo men crying

male tears make for excellent lube.

No, your logic is not sound. You equated two things that were not equivalent, then moved the goalposts to say actually they would eventually become equivalent. Struggle to retain dominance is not the same thing as struggle to achieve parity. Full stop the end.

You want to ascribe further aspirations to those seeking parity based on what you believe their aspirations should be, or what yours would be. Doesn’t fly, sorry. You lose, bye bye now.

Or just continue to stomp around braying “ad hominem” like you think that’s an auto-win when you don’t even understand the significance of the label, whatever. Hint: simply insulting someone, is not committing the ad hominem fallacy. Being discourteous is not committing the ad hominem fallacy. Telling someone that they are wrong, and how, is not committing the ad hominem fallacy.

And posing a disingenuous question, which just happens to misrepresent both positions which are its subject is making both a statement and an argument. You’re not a very good fraud.

You still havn't answered the question. You have expended a large amount of effort avoiding it. Tells me all I need to know.

Erroneously claiming someone is being disingenuous is the definition of ad-hominen. It is an attack on character, not the argument. Your opinion on what I do or do not know is exactly that.

No where did I mention my aspirations or those I ascribe to any group, simply the occurrence in history of those seeking and achieving parity to go on to assert dominance. If you can refute that claim I am all ears (or eyes in this case), but we both know you can't which is why you won't answer.

It's funny how you are quick to accuse me of precisely the behavior you are displaying.

I’m not avoiding anything. Your question is improper. It does not deserve an answer. I have described the failures within each of your “questions.” I’m not playing along with your silly games. Sorry I’m not as stupid as the people you normally feed your lines to. Now take your Animal Farm justifications for the continued oppression of minority population and go.

P.S. You’re still getting ad hominem wrong. That an assessment of an argument reflects poorly on the character of the person that posited the argument ain’t it.
08/28/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Teritia

You still havn't answered the question. You have expended a large amount of effort avoiding it. Tells me all I need to know.

Erroneously claiming someone is being disingenuous is the definition of ad-hominen. It is an attack on character, not the argument. Your opinion on what I do or do not know is exactly that.

No where did I mention my aspirations or those I ascribe to any group, simply the occurrence in history of those seeking and achieving parity to go on to assert dominance. If you can refute that claim I am all ears (or eyes in this case), but we both know you can't which is why you won't answer.

It's funny how you are quick to accuse me of precisely the behavior you are displaying.

I’m not avoiding anything. Your question is improper. It does not deserve an answer. I have described the failures within each of your “questions.” I’m not playing along with your silly games. Sorry I’m not as stupid as the people you normally feed your lines to. Now take your Animal Farm justifications for the continued oppression of minority population and go.

P.S. You’re still getting ad hominem wrong. That an assessment of an argument reflects poorly on the character of the person that posited the argument ain’t it.

it always makes me laugh when people argue about the world on an internet video game discussion board.
OP's right you know.
I'm an anti-feminist, but I think putting females in position of authority is a cool aesthetic. It's a fantasy game, relax.
I don't mind female characters as long as they don't nag and !@#$% at me. If they are well behaved then I see no problem with them.
08/28/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Teritia

Do tell how a question might be improper? It might offend your sensibilities but that does not make it improper. It might not fit the context of your current thought mode, again this does not make it improper. You are simply avoiding it plain as day. I would have more respect for you if you simply stated I can't rebuke that assertion.

Following, I note there is still no submission of evidence to the contrary of my claim. Simply stating that for all intents and purposes the question is beneath you gives the impression that you are a blow-hard who has more vocal capacity than intelligence.

It seems as though you are claiming the argument itself is disingenuous. Can we agree that only the person making the argument is capable of being disingenuous? I fail to see how an argument can be such.

Your "assessment of my character" is the basis of your ad-hominen attack. I want you to refute my argument points not evaluate me as a person. As plain as day you can't though and it becomes obvious to all reading that this is the case.

it always makes me laugh when people argue about the world on an internet video game discussion board.

I value the input of my correspondent infinitely higher than those of a deriding by-stander. It may have passed you by, but the capability to discuss things is what separates modern man from its war-trodden past.
This is some grade A sarcasm. Top kek my dude.
You’re 2 days late.
Fantasy first off

Second, didn't they imply most of the men die when Jaina's Dad took them to save Jaina?
[quote="207663602184"][quote="207663104321"]<span class="truncated">...</span>

So OP doesn't strike me as some weirdo who meticulously records the gender of every character in a video game, it seems like he picked up on something anybody would notice and then asked "why?"

He literally said he went around and counted every female leader and mayor.

But that he isn't bent out of shape and butthurt about it and we're projecting.

lol
Consider it like this: Jiana's dad took their military (consisting mostly of men) and lost to the horde and THEN Jiana's brother and his fleet are lost, who else is there to run things?
08/28/2018 05:25 PMPosted by Nocton
Fantasy first off

Second, didn't they imply most of the men die when Jaina's Dad took them to save Jaina?

I am glad I wasn't the only one paying attention when they accuse Jaina of being a traitor and specifically mention how many men were killed off. If there's a large number of women running things after a calamity isn't that just interior story logic?
08/28/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Cyouskin
Is this an observation or a statement?

It's not that I don't care if someone is male or female...I don't mind so long as these are artistic choices and not political choices.

Which they aren't. That's the problem. It has nothing to do with being sexist and everything to do with pandering and how obvious it is in this expansion that causes people to notice/be annoyed.

Had WoW started with 80% of their characters female we wouldn't be having this conversation or observation. It's the fact that in 1 expansion, after 12 years of them, all of a sudden basically every leader is now female no matter how minor or major the character is.

Not to mention it takes away from the immersion. A world so heavily based on war, SHOULD have significantly more males. I know, I know this has lasers and spells but it doesn't matter. In 99% of situations, no female is going to stand a chance against Rexxar, Saurfang, or even a run of the mil Orc Warrior because of physical prowess.
08/28/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Rorrand
08/28/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Borex

Now, I am not sexist.

Yes, you are.

I have a wife

No, you don't.

to be fair theres absolutely no way you can know for sure and saying that he doesn't just makes you a prick
so long as King Rastakhan becomes the Zandalar representative when they join the horde for a good while before Talanji inherits the role, I'll have to disagree
But dont you think Blizzard is overcompensated a bit from the fallout of the summer of 2017 with the "Tracer sexist pose" fiasco?

Considering it was neither a fiasco, nor did sexism really at all come into play with the issues with that pose, no. No I don't.