Premades in randoms

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 3 4 5 13 Next
Sorry.

The author and I, and several other players are advocating for a change. It doesn't change the context of the article like you attempted to say earlier. It isn't wrong like you tried to say earlier and you need to look up the word "exploit".

Since I know reading is a problem for you....I'll do it for you: EXPLOIT means make full use of and derive benefit from

Blizzard elected to allow players to join in a group from 2-5 players back in 2012. Back then I didn't think it was really a problem but now in 2018 I know premades are a problem. Players are exploiting (read the definition) the ability to form a 5 man and feed on pugs ina random BG. The intent of a random BG was defined in the article. He said

normal Battleground queue is for players to jump in and play against other players in a similar situation.

I'm waiting for you or someone else to tell me how a 5 man on voice "is a similar situation" to 5 men not on voice? What you are attempting to do is say "Blizzard allows me to do it so it's not an exploit." Your hoping that they don't take it away, because you would not achieve the same results as individuals entering a random BG.

Your entitled to state your opinion but quit trying to pee on my leg and call it rain. ...I just happen to agree with the author, the developer, and several others that think premades belong in arena and rated.

Hopefully something is done sooner rather than later!
Posting it again sentence by sentence. The full quote without cherrypicking anything.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/7199643338#1

In patch 5.1, we resolved some issues regarding how Addons interact with the Battleground queue system.

It is no longer possible to automate queuing for standard or random Battlegrounds in groups larger than 5.

We decided to make this change in order to improve the experience for all players who are queueing into random groups normally and expecting to face similarly random groups, only to find themselves crushed by a full team of coordinated opponents.

We understand that players want to enjoy coordinated team play, and we invite those players to queue into Rated Battlegrounds or play Wargames to have that experience.

Players can continue to use Addons to queue for Rated Battlegrounds as well.
08/08/2018 04:34 PMPosted by Rumbletøwn
Has blizzard made any announcements suggesting they are at least looking at this issue? Ive just run into three back to back BG's where the horde were a premade to some level. Did not even have to check the realms. Response times were instantaneous to whatever we were doing and watching the flow of battle on the map, they consistently moved the mass of their men either to where we were weak, or to where our strength was gathering.

Between these premades, rouges and run-of the mill trolls, my fun factor has plummeted

I agree, almost every game tonight was a premade. Ive put up with a lot of BS over the years, but this is really getting on my nerves.
Really....you are still confused? I just can't help you. Sorry
LOL....read you own post! My last attempt.......

"We understand that players want to enjoy coordinated team play, and we invite those players to queue into Rated Battlegrounds or play Wargames to have that experience."
08/09/2018 12:38 AMPosted by Demoniclily
Not impressive, you got it with a premade. What not tough enough to do it alone??

I'm more of a chess fan anyways. I need friends to RBG with otherwise it's just no fun because I'm bad.
Who wants to face roll horde with me in premades so they come cry more on forums ? I’m serious.
Gotta love the attempt to offset the truth with sarcasm and humor.... all the kids do that! I find it even more humorous examining their stats, it tells the story. How many other FOTM did you roll?

Shame the sarcasm and attempt at humor doesn't work!
08/09/2018 01:40 AMPosted by Dezzars
Gotta love the attempt to offset the truth with sarcasm and humor.... all the kids do that! I find it even more humorous examining their stats, it tells the story. How many other FOTM did you roll?

Shame the sarcasm and attempt at humor doesn't work!

I was a sin rogue (went sub sometimes too) in Legion and got my 1800 with my premades before pre patch. I haven't really touched rated as much in prepatch but did enough to do a few Seething Shores which I appreciated......

As for how many other FOTM things I've done..... Started as a frost mage early legion, then went DH, now rogue. Before that I was a prot warrior in Vanilla..... But i've had several alts I got carried through heroic so I can swap to them if a sewers group is giving one of my toons issues.

Just campin dal and the sewers on 5 toons is great fun you should try it sometime before BFA hits.
[quote=I agree, almost every game tonight was a premade. I've put up with a lot of BS over the years, but this is really getting on my nerves.[/quote]

You and a heck of a lot of others. I've been predominately doing BGs since 2007 and I think what's happening now is worse than anything else we've endured.
A MM Hunter trying to call out others for playing the FOTM.

Hopefully this is just a troll.
08/08/2018 09:12 PMPosted by Floyln
BG's are for solo players and 2-5 man groups. This isn't debatable.

Agreed these forums are for singing "Acuna Matada" and not discussing anything.
There's still no way to know for a fact you're playing against a "premade" in the first place. If they're in the same guild on the same server, sure. I sincerely doubt people see that for "90% of their games" since these type of threads never come with any proof, just complaints. There's too many unknown variables and it just leads to pointless arguing not actual discussion. Argue for the ability to see who's grouped instead and go from there when we have actual data.
agree, almost every game tonight was a premade. I've put up with a lot of BS over the years, but this is really getting on my nerves.

You and a heck of a lot of others. I've been predominately doing BGs since 2007 and I think what's happening now is worse than anything else we've endured.

No it isn’t
when i clicked Random Battleground i expect random, not pre-mades.
08/08/2018 10:44 PMPosted by Demoniclily
08/08/2018 10:32 PMPosted by Floyln
The system does try to match up premades. But no system is perfect.

They need to indicate which players are grouped together, so people can see that most of the time when you face a premade its because there is a premade on your side.

But then people wouldn't be able to blame premades for their loses and the forums will get boring.

Or perhaps people who believe premades are always matched against other premades would see that is actually not what is happening all the time.
08/09/2018 05:23 AMPosted by Paln
when i clicked Random Battleground i expect random, not pre-mades.

Funny you read it that way, did you pick a specific bg or perhaps you got a ..... random one...?
08/08/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Floyln
Blizzard clearly supports playing in groups.

Hmm...

https://twitter.com/Wowhead/status/1027391070685020160
Blizzard changed Addons to be unable to edit the search box when searching through the Group Finder. They also made players unable to Paste (Ctrl+V) into the Search Box.

https://twitter.com/Wowhead/status/1027395283414646789
The Group Finder button for Auto-Accept has also vanished, meaning you'll need to manually accept every member that wants to join your group.
08/09/2018 05:25 AMPosted by Miadra
08/08/2018 10:44 PMPosted by Demoniclily

They need to indicate which players are grouped together, so people can see that most of the time when you face a premade its because there is a premade on your side.

But then people wouldn't be able to blame premades for their loses and the forums will get boring.

Or perhaps people who believe premades are always matched against other premades would see that is actually not what is happening all the time.

Or just get good and play with other people on a mmorpg.
08/09/2018 06:40 AMPosted by Toughguybob
08/09/2018 05:25 AMPosted by Miadra

Or just get good and play with other people on a mmorpg.

What you said has zero to do with what I said. I was simply speaking of what the end result might be of them putting an indicator on the board of who is in a premade.