Stop advertising things you aren't capable of

General Discussion
"GLOBAL LAUNCH".... for those who are lucky enough to be able to get in. I really dgaf for you white knights out there, feeling sorry for a multi-bill company, who after 12 YEARS of a game, STILL can't manage not to f up a launch.

It's sad. Any real organization would be firing people over such things. But it is blizz, after all.... crack addicts still be needing their crack...
Yeah but they can because they know people will still let them off the hook to prove to strangers how cool they are for pardoning a cooperation for failing to meet a deadline they set themselves.

Its kinda sad really.
Oh the insults today, white knights, blizz fandrones.

Any real organization would be firing people over such things.

Hmm a company managing servers for a couple million players..

You people really think a company in the gaming industry is the same as any other company? Like really? Any other company doesn't have millions of other players playing a video game.
08/13/2018 06:09 PMPosted by Valirim
"GLOBAL LAUNCH".... for those who are lucky enough to be able to get in. I really dgaf for you white knights out there, feeling sorry for a multi-bill company, who after 12 YEARS of a game, STILL can't manage not to f up a launch.

It's sad. Any real organization would be firing people over such things. But it is blizz, after all.... crack addicts still be needing their crack...

It worked seamlessly here in Brazil though.
With millions of players playing at the same time, maintaining servers isn't easy. I was able to get in (and even though my profile for some reason doesn't show it yet, I reached 111) and it was fine for a while. I'm sorry that you people choose to pick the most filled servers to play in.
Worked seamlessly for me as well so... Perhaps you should have been online prior to launch? Of course, if you were at work, school or otherwise away from your computer then you could not be, but otherwise? I was on & playing when it happened.

Got the boot just now though, apparently there is a hotfix.
08/13/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Kardiaco
With millions of players playing at the same time, maintaining servers isn't easy. I was able to get in (and even though my profile for some reason doesn't show it yet, I reached 111) and it was fine for a while. I'm sorry that you people choose to pick the most filled servers to play in.
Then they shouldn't advertise a now broken promise for a stable launch.
im happily playing as we speak :)

If the solution to big servers exploding every-time there's an update is just 'don't play on those servers.'

Then Blizzard shouldn't have big servers exist in the first place. The difficulty of the managing of the servers, while acknowledged, is not a valid excuse.

You are the one that gave them your money. They didn't hold a gun to your head. You bought it willingly. Grow up.
Really makes you wonder what the actual age of some of the community is.....
08/13/2018 06:26 PMPosted by Negativedge

You are the one that gave them your money. They didn't hold a gun to your head. You bought it willingly. Grow up.

next time you buy a car i hope the brakes dont work. get into a car accident and dont blame the dealership ur fault for buying the car. idiot
I mean, it's working pretty well for me. A tiny lag, one d/c. But not, on the whole, anything to write home about.
From the server complaints on the page here, it looks pretty similar all over--a few servers burning hard (Illidan, Area 52, Tich), most of the others pretty solid.

Only thing I'll say to this, before you get smug, is that those of us on the highest population servers are here (mostly) because we've been playing longer than anyone. There were only a few servers when the game first came out. They added more due to issues like this - the offered free transfers for a while, but we made our servers our home. Then they started charging for server changes.

They set the server caps WAY to late, the servers were already bloated. Then they stopped incentivizing us to leave our server. If they brought back free server transfers a month before launch I bet you we'd be having about half the issues we are today (*free if you go from high to medium / low).
Can I be the Dark Knight?

Not the Tauren the forums wanted, but the Tauren the forums need.
As someone who is on Area 52 and has yet to play and has a day off, my patience is starting to run a little thin. But I don't attack other players because one it isnt the players fault. Two no toxic rage spewing out of your mouth is going to magically fix things all of the sudden. Three it just shows how f*cking immature you are like you're entire faction. Now preoccupy yourself with something else instead of spamming the forums with toxic trash. Or better yet quit altogether.
08/13/2018 06:28 PMPosted by Dunkfoobiest
next time you buy a car i hope the brakes dont work. get into a car accident and dont blame the dealership ur fault for buying the car. idiot
What does the dealership have to do with the breaks working or not? I believe the word you are looking for is manufacturer. Oh yeah. idiot.
08/13/2018 06:26 PMPosted by Negativedge

This is not valid reasoning. Blizzard isn't doing us a favor but letting us buy their product. Its a business.

They released a launch date and time, and failed to meet it. It is perfectly logical to get upset or be unhappy at this fact, there is no lack of maturity in doing so.

It would only be too much if people started getting personal with specific employees or started sending death threats.

In fact I'd argue the lack of maturity lies in being so condescending just because you're not personally upset at Blizzard's mistake.
I was fine for a few hours before my serer went down. It's part of the cons of playing on one of the popular servers.
While I agree wholeheartedly with the OP's point, could have been worded better.

They did sprook the " One launch to rule them all " spiel. And after Ion's apology over the last instalment "you deserve better"...you would expect much better than what has been given.