IS Ion to Blame ?

General Discussion
not a troll post , just wondering if its his head we should be petitioning ? say we got half of pop to e-sign his leaving of Blizz
We shouldn't be blaming any one person. It's definitely an embarrassing disappointment, but attacking individuals is not a good way to go about criticizing them, that will just encourage them to interact with us less.

We should be relaying our disappointment and encouraging them to improve, without becoming petty fanatics who attack people on an individual level.

As a side note, Ion is the Game director, I have a feeling he doesn't have a huge hand in server-tech.
I have a feeling you wouldn't succeed in getting five hundred people to sign a petition to get rid of Ion. Most players aren't as invested in his demise as this forum is.
"everything is totally ready guys. in fact its so ready, were gonna move up the launch date to august 14th"

Incomplete classes, major spec redesigns a month before launch, broken prepatch, broken launch day
inb4 https://clips.twitch.tv/VivaciousEmpathicBork4Head
08/13/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Ascetic
"everything is totally ready guys. in fact its so ready, were gonna move up the launch date to august 14th"

Incomplete classes, major spec redesigns a month before launch, broken prepatch, broken launch day

where i was going with it. look- if it was me or you in his role, you bet your behind wed be held accountable and prolly fired. whats so special about this nerd ??
If anything id blame the shareholders who are the reason that server capacity is not increased.
Boss has to eat the screw ups. Ion will probably blame the lowly programmers. He needs to take full responsibility. That's what leaders do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=21&v=6w7y3sl_EZA
Ion is to blame

Fire this one

Fire that one

*sigh*

I'd beg to differ how you'd feel if you got fired tomorrow for messing up on one tiny thing that isn't even worth being fired over.
That guy was sweating his !@# off after the SStorm 8.0 launch and during the last Q&A. I wonder if his bosses had a word with him and if we will see him ever again.

https://clips.twitch.tv/VivaciousEmpathicBork4Head
08/13/2018 08:40 PMPosted by Hellglaive
Ion is to blame

Fire this one

Fire that one

*sigh*

I'd beg to differ how you'd feel if you got fired tomorrow for messing up on one tiny thing that isn't even worth being fired over.

everyone makes mistakes true, but line has to be drawn and there has to be some standards, pre patch and now launch. dude got on twitch and guaranteed none of this bs would happen.
08/13/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Manazzle
I have a feeling you wouldn't succeed in getting five hundred people to sign a petition to get rid of Ion. Most players aren't as invested in his demise as this forum is.

You have way too much faith in humanity!
08/13/2018 08:46 PMPosted by Desombras
08/13/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Manazzle

You have way too much faith in humanity!

It's more like I know how lazy and unmotivated people are. A lot of people may say they want Ion gone, but when the time comes to nut up, they'll be off doing something else.
08/13/2018 08:42 PMPosted by Thizzle
08/13/2018 08:40 PMPosted by Hellglaive
Ion is to blame

Fire this one

Fire that one

*sigh*

everyone makes mistakes true, but line has to be drawn and there has to be some standards, pre patch and now launch. dude got on twitch and guaranteed none of this bs would happen.

You took Ion seriously?

You never take Ion seriously.

Also unless he absolutely said the words guarantee which I highly doubt he even did.
Ion is a professional liar/spin doctor. Anything he says should only ever be taken with a grain of salt.
Funny, he was the one crowing on forbes recently about how great legion's launch was, and how great bfa's was going to be.

The game has gone downhill since he has been in charge...

I say we start with him, work down from there until the game improves.
Good grief you lot are embarrassing.
He is to blame, along with other employee's. A petition though, wont work and likely asking to be locked/deleted.
I don't think any of them want things to go wrong with launches. This is their baby and they want to show it off to the world. They want people playing. Ion sounded very upbeat in his tweet earlier today (before the actual launch happened). Sometimes technology just does not want to cooperate.

I know it sucks for the people who haven't been able to log in. Hopefully, they'll get everything worked out soon.