Que time hotfix!

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 16 Next
08/16/2018 11:26 AMPosted by Ythisens
08/16/2018 04:22 AMPosted by Johnnyhurt
Sorry but 2 hour que times are unacceptable. when are you bringing out the hotfix?

We're working on a hotfix now that will automatically respec anyone who can tank or heal into those specs. If you're a Monk, Paladin, or Druid we're just going to spin a wheel and see where you land. This should drastically reduce the DPS queue time so that its an instant queue.

In case it wasn't clear this was very sarcastic :) Queue times are fine! Just a lack of tank and heals because they're probably with static groups, also lots of people are still leveling. Even queuing solo DPS for heroics my queue time max has been actually 30 mins but estimated says around an hour. (It's just an estimation)

I think you're missing the underlying issue that there is in fact a bug with the queue system. I was in queue for 2 hours as a dps last night for random dungeon. It somehow glitched I think, because it said average wait at the time was 37 minutes before I finally canceled it.

HOWEVER, shortly after that, I queued for a specific dungeon and the wait was almost nil. That's right, it took less than 2 minutes to get into a group. Thinking it might have been a fluke, I tried again today, and it worked the same way (long queue time for randoms, nearly instant when I picked a dungeon). Your system is broke/bugged and needs a fix. This isn't as simple as no tanks/healers are trying to run dungeons.
You are first in line if you queue for a specific dungeon with a quest. Has been that way for 3 expansions now.
Ye i dont get it either. They need to fix this
I have encountered the problem, queued in to 4 dungeons so far and 3 of them are random bonus dungeon and 1 is specific dungeon (for dungeon quest). The verdict? the 3 randoms have 1 hour queue time each with similar or higher actual wait time, and the specific dungeon has 1 minute queue time with actual wait time less than that. Maybe there's a problem with queue time algorithm.
Bump
Sorry but 2 hour que times are unacceptable. when are you bringing out the hotfix?

We're working on a hotfix now that will automatically respec anyone who can tank or heal into those specs. If you're a Monk, Paladin, or Druid we're just going to spin a wheel and see where you land. This should drastically reduce the DPS queue time so that its an instant queue.

Pffffffffffffffffffffftttttt hahahahahaha!!!!!

Oh my God. I love this CM.

Where have you been all these years?
The queue timer isn't working at all. Queued for a specific dungeon, timer said average wait 1 minute. 39 minutes later and it still said 1 minute. Seems off a bit.
i guess we reap what we sow? being jerks to pug tanks and heals has scared them away so now there's no one queuing?

as for me, i just dont wanna...
08/16/2018 04:31 AMPosted by Hardbop
Put active mitigation on the GCD and severely nerf tank selfhealing.

a lot of tanks suddenly dont want to tank anymore, hmmm really makes you think.

I think agro management changes also have had a big issue. It's especially problematic at the beginning of the expansion when people have wildly different gear levels, and when you're likely to quest in a DPS spec.

My paladin was mostly ret and I swapped to prot to do dungeons. I had a hell of a time keeping threat. When I got out, I realized I still had my artifact weapon (at around 220 ilvl) at level 116. Naturally, the rest of my gear was in the 260 range, so my weapon was just not rightly balanced for it. After that, I just stuck with the insanely long DPS queues.

08/16/2018 09:15 PMPosted by Kokiri

In case it wasn't clear this was very sarcastic :) Queue times are fine! Just a lack of tank and heals because they're probably with static groups, also lots of people are still leveling. Even queuing solo DPS for heroics my queue time max has been actually 30 mins but estimated says around an hour. (It's just an estimation)

I think you're missing the underlying issue that there is in fact a bug with the queue system. I was in queue for 2 hours as a dps last night for random dungeon. It somehow glitched I think, because it said average wait at the time was 37 minutes before I finally canceled it.

HOWEVER, shortly after that, I queued for a specific dungeon and the wait was almost nil. That's right, it took less than 2 minutes to get into a group. Thinking it might have been a fluke, I tried again today, and it worked the same way (long queue time for randoms, nearly instant when I picked a dungeon). Your system is broke/bugged and needs a fix. This isn't as simple as no tanks/healers are trying to run dungeons.

To add onto that bug report, I had queued in for a random normal dungeon at level 120. After 10 minutes of waiting, I hovered over to see the ETA and it said estimated time about 1 hour. I dropped queue and picked a specific dungeon that I wanted. The new ETA for that 1 dungeon was less than 1 minute, and it indeed took less than 1 minute.
Spent 1 hr 44 mins in a queue for Waycrest Manor to do the WQ, supposedly with an "average" queue time of 1 minute.

Group was full of lowbies who refused to kill the mobs for the WQ so ended up ragequitting.

Sigh...
There is a problem. As that has been stated repeatedly in this thread. Now on top of nerfed exp and end of dungeon exp still being split 5 ways, the "Q" is bugged.

Notice how it was played off with a "sarcastic" admission, then stated it is fine. Reminds me of the now famous meme "You think you do, but you really don't".

Their not fixing it, because they do not know how to.
Stop being douches to tanks when they are learning a dungeon and more of them would be confident enough to tank PUGs before they out gear it and have already learned it through guild runs or by running it as a different spec

This just happened to a mate last night. New to tanking and wants to learn.

"Im new to tanking so Ill take it slow"

Five seconds later

*You have been removed from the group*

He has gone back to dps.

You want new tanks and new healers?

STOP BEING IMPATIENT JERKS and let them learn.
what hotfix do you propose op ??

You can't force tanks and heals to queue lol
There are still plenty of players who have a lot of self control that bag ain't doing nuthing ,just saying :)

You're a warrior.

It would be one thing if you were trying to run mythics... but come on. I'm worried about people harassing me when I tank too but I still am choosing that over sitting in a dps queue.
Little incentive to queue before 120. Tank threat being nerfed also makes pugging interesting if people don't have behaving pets now. GCD is myeh but usually us tanks with self healing are fine.

While a warrior might have some room to complain since warrior tanking is in the gutter at the moment, any DPS player has no room to complain about queue times when you perform the most popular role by an order of magnitudes.

Every class has at least one DPS spec, with almost every class having at least 2, and with rogues, mages, warlocks, and hunters all having three DPS specs.

There are six tank specs.

There are five healer specs.

There are 24 DPS specs. healers and tanks combined still have fewer than half as many potential specs. If you're playing straight DPS this is what you signed up for.

And all that is before we broach the subject of player behavior in dungeons. Speaking as someone who has either healed or tanked every expansion going all the way back to classic I can tell you that when I PUG as a tank or a healer I usually spend most of my time either doing all the work for DPS who feel entitled to my time and effort with all of the reward and contributing none of their own, or I spend all of my time cleaning up after them because they just cant be bothered to fight one group of mobs at a time so why not hunter barrage half the room?

Every other xpac, I've gotten very quick Queues as a healer.

I'm sitting in Q for like 15 minutes sometimes. It's weird. Feels like I'm DPS again. Don't like.

At least it gives me time to quest. ./roll eyes
08/16/2018 09:59 PMPosted by Kaur
08/16/2018 04:31 AMPosted by Hardbop
Put active mitigation on the GCD and severely nerf tank selfhealing.

a lot of tanks suddenly dont want to tank anymore, hmmm really makes you think.

I think agro management changes also have had a big issue. It's especially problematic at the beginning of the expansion when people have wildly different gear levels, and when you're likely to quest in a DPS spec.

My paladin was mostly ret and I swapped to prot to do dungeons. I had a hell of a time keeping threat. When I got out, I realized I still had my artifact weapon (at around 220 ilvl) at level 116. Naturally, the rest of my gear was in the 260 range, so my weapon was just not rightly balanced for it. After that, I just stuck with the insanely long DPS queues.

08/16/2018 09:15 PMPosted by Kokiri

To add onto that bug report, I had queued in for a random normal dungeon at level 120. After 10 minutes of waiting, I hovered over to see the ETA and it said estimated time about 1 hour. I dropped queue and picked a specific dungeon that I wanted. The new ETA for that 1 dungeon was less than 1 minute, and it indeed took less than 1 minute.

My quest specific dungeon queue took me 1 hr as a dps. Just saying.
Why are people complaining about queue times are always classes that has a Tank or Heal spec?
My queues for Waycrest Manor and Shrine of the Storms on both a Hunter and a Rogue, the most DPS of DPSers, were less than 5 minutes each. Four dungeons, all yesterday, all with very little wait. Others in my guild are reporting wait times of over an hour even if they queue for specific dungeons.

I'd say something definitely seems screwy.