Que time hotfix!

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 16 Next
08/16/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Momimfotm
08/16/2018 04:22 AMPosted by Johnnyhurt
Sorry but 2 hour que times are unacceptable. when are you bringing out the hotfix?

If you want higher queue times, a tank or healer spec is waiting for you. You're LITERALLY part of the problem you're complaining about, which is an absurd amount of dps queuing up with a minuscule amount of tank and healers.

While I think patience is a virtue, telling someone to play a role they dont want to play isnt right either. If this sort of thing continues, it might be best if the whole tank/dps/healer thing is reconsidered. Maybe its just an issue of tanking and healing specs being unfun while DPS specs are? I know I am not touching Warrior Tanking because I find it unfun, even if people were patient and understanding.
08/16/2018 02:12 PMPosted by Tyllîance
08/16/2018 11:37 AMPosted by Noras
Whats weird to me is that queuing for a random dungeon was about 2 hours but queuing for a specific dungeon was about 5 min.

That's because you are first in line if you have a quest for the dungeon.

Is that really how it works?
don't queue in warmode, it helps massively.
08/16/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Wayn
08/16/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Momimfotm

If you want higher queue times, a tank or healer spec is waiting for you. You're LITERALLY part of the problem you're complaining about, which is an absurd amount of dps queuing up with a minuscule amount of tank and healers.

While I think patience is a virtue, telling someone to play a role they dont want to play isnt right either. If this sort of thing continues, it might be best if the whole tank/dps/healer thing is reconsidered. Maybe its just an issue of tanking and healing specs being unfun while DPS specs are? I know I am not touching Warrior Tanking because I find it unfun, even if people were patient and understanding.

I'll preface with this: I haven't done any real end-game progression tanking since I had a Warrior in Vanilla.

That said, I am currently leveling a Warrior with Protection as my leveling spec, and it's a lot of fun; it was fun before and after the pre-patch class changes, too.

My (looking to be former) main used to heal for raid content in TBC and WotLK, though I fell off that wagon starting with Cataclysm. Healing was also fun.

What I think it comes down to is that healing and tanking can be fun, but are, on average, more difficult roles to play well than DPS. I think it is more challenging and stressful to be a good healer or tank than it is to be a good DPS (note very carefully here that I am saying good, not the best).

I'd say that people should challenge themselves and get out of their comfort zone, but we're probably not looking for that when we play video games.
Maybe this is a terrible idea. LFG temporary class change. As a Hunter I have no option to queue as tank or healer. I could however randomly queue as a different class of choice to fill another role while earning the rewards on my main. What do you think?
08/16/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Volley
I'm going to recommend, and maybe I'm off base here, that you get rid of the entire Tank, Heals, DPS mechanic entirely and just have people play their classes.

Yes, you're off-base. Some of us LIKE tanking or healing. I don't mind that scenarios are spec agnostic, but I like that 5 mans have the defined roles.

I wouldn't object if 5-man content was changed to 6-man to accommodate a few more dps, but I don't want to be doing something wrong if I want to heal.
08/16/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Ahmina
What I think it comes down to is that healing and tanking can be fun, but are, on average, more difficult roles to play well than DPS. I think it is more challenging and stressful to be a good healer or tank than it is to be a good DPS (note very carefully here that I am saying good, not the best).

I'd say that people should challenge themselves and get out of their comfort zone, but we're probably not looking for that when we play video games.

Another thing to remember is that this is an RPG. Wayn here isn't just a warrior, he is a character with backstory. He specializes in wielding two handed swords. It would make no sense to join a group of adventurers in a dungeon promising to defend them using sword and shield with which he is not proficient. And to a lesser extent "I" am an arms warrior. Its the spec I have loved and played forever now.

Why should a game(or the people in it) that I play for fun ask me to do something I enjoy less? That is more of a rhetorical question than an actual one. I don't envy those who have to actually answer this question or find a way around it.

If the answer is that no "fixes" will be offered and I will have to suffer the que times then that is going to drive some people away from the game altogether. After all who could be blamed for leaving a game that isn't fun or that you cant even get to the playing part without doing something you either dont have fun with or is overly stressful.
08/16/2018 11:26 AMPosted by Ythisens
Sorry but 2 hour que times are unacceptable. when are you bringing out the hotfix?

We're working on a hotfix now that will automatically respec anyone who can tank or heal into those specs. If you're a Monk, Paladin, or Druid we're just going to spin a wheel and see where you land. This should drastically reduce the DPS queue time so that its an instant queue.

In case it wasn't clear this was very sarcastic :) Queue times are fine! Just a lack of tank and heals because they're probably with static groups, also lots of people are still leveling. Even queuing solo DPS for heroics my queue time max has been actually 30 mins but estimated says around an hour. (It's just an estimation)

Made. My. Day.
My queue time this afternoon was 1hour and 30 minutes before I gave up. The estimate was 45 minutes to 55 minutes. It is kind of strange and rather unacceptable.
3 of us sitting in que 45 min wait time we been in que for an hour an 5 min now...
08/16/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Nilfürian
Maybe this is a terrible idea. LFG temporary class change. As a Hunter I have no option to queue as tank or healer. I could however randomly queue as a different class of choice to fill another role while earning the rewards on my main. What do you think?

Please don't give them more terrible ideas. That's the last thing I want. Some hunter that has no clue joining as a tank or healer with no bars and no macros setup trying to heal or tank groups. Perhaps Blizzard should not be driving tanks away by having offensive and defensive abilities sharing a GCD leading to incredibly clunky gameplay. If they continue to make things worse for tanks I'm done. I have no interest in dps. I would consider going back to healing possibly.
You need to make healers and tanks more "attractive" in order to get more people to play them. It's just like most other games. People rarely want to play support/tank roles.
Go back to properly incentivising tanking or healing as required. Two hour queue times are simply not ok at any point.

The system needs to adjust dynamically to make it worthwhile for more people to switch. Right now the incentive isn't enough to tip the scales.
Take the GCD changes, make tanks squishy with little to no self healing, and take away the bonus bags and incentives for tanking and healing and what you have left with is 1 hour queue times at the start of an expansion and it will only get worse over time.

Blizz COULD do something to help but they won't. They want everything slowed down and in this case they are squarely putting the blame on the player base acting as if they have no fault here. GG Blizzard.

P.S. Give my Warlock back his ability to tank and I'll tank dungeons all damn day. Oh right, you gave that to DH's.
Queue times are fine! Just a lack of tank and heals because they're probably with static groups,

More like you ruined tanks in general and no one finds them fun or even wants to deal with random pugs because of it.
Or that dungeons are completely pointless since you get the exact same azerite gear from WQ with next to no effort so doing the dungeons beyond the oringinal quest is a waste of time.
But yeah static groups go with that.
everyone's leveling and finishing new area quests. as soon as more ppl hit 305 ilvl and start chaining dungeons everything will settle, i think.

We're working on a hotfix now that will automatically respec anyone who can tank or heal into those specs. If you're a Monk, Paladin, or Druid we're just going to spin a wheel and see where you land. This should drastically reduce the DPS queue time so that its an instant queue.

In case it wasn't clear this was very sarcastic :) Queue times are fine! Just a lack of tank and heals because they're probably with static groups, also lots of people are still leveling. Even queuing solo DPS for heroics my queue time max has been actually 30 mins but estimated says around an hour. (It's just an estimation)

Or maybe it's the ridiculous threat nerfs that makes people not want to tank?

You talk about 30 minute waits for DPS, but in another MMO that I play, I can Q up as DPS and get dungeons in 15-20 minutes, usually more closer to 15, and in THAT MMO, there's only 2 DPS to 1 tank and 1 healer, so you need MORE tanks and healers for each DPS...
Know how you can fix queue times? Be nice to tanks and healers.

Every time you yell at a tank or healer, that's one fewer that queues for randoms.
I've only done 2 dungeons for the quests thus far: both were less than 1 minute waits (for DPS!) and both were good groups.

YMMV.

[In both cases, I chose the one dungeon, I dinged 116 in the first and had just hit 120 for the second. I didn't do the "random". Maybe that makes a difference. I don't know.]
08/16/2018 05:21 AMPosted by Dark

he wasnt speaking english

Yeah, no.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Que
Dictionary:
One of our persistent—and more puzzling—lookups is for the word que, which is entered in our dictionary (capitalized) as an abbreviation for Quebec. Qué is also a Spanish word that means “what.” That is not, however, the word that many people are looking for when they look up que in our dictionary. Que is homophonous with a number of other words, most of which have wildly different spellings and meanings. One of the words that people are looking for when they look up que is queue, a word that means “line” (as in, “We waited in the ticket queue.”) Sometimes people are looking for the homonym cue, or “a signal to start or do something” (“The lights just went out—that’s my cue to start the movie.”). Very occasionally, people look up que for coup, a word that refers to a violent and sudden overthrow or takeover of a government (“reports on the latest coup attempt”). And if you’re looking for the phonetic spelling of the letter q, try again: that’s cue.

Yeah, I copy/pasted all of that because ignorance needs to be corrected.

Por Que is french for why. And a pun in this context. I can see how that would go over the head of someone as ignorant as you though.