Que time hotfix!

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 16 Next
08/16/2018 11:26 AMPosted by Ythisens
08/16/2018 04:22 AMPosted by Johnnyhurt
Sorry but 2 hour que times are unacceptable. when are you bringing out the hotfix?

We're working on a hotfix now that will automatically respec anyone who can tank or heal into those specs. If you're a Monk, Paladin, or Druid we're just going to spin a wheel and see where you land. This should drastically reduce the DPS queue time so that its an instant queue.

In case it wasn't clear this was very sarcastic :) Queue times are fine! Just a lack of tank and heals because they're probably with static groups, also lots of people are still leveling. Even queuing solo DPS for heroics my queue time max has been actually 30 mins but estimated says around an hour. (It's just an estimation)
Sorry but 2 hour que times are unacceptable. when are you bringing out the hotfix?

We're working on a hotfix now that will automatically respec anyone who can tank or heal into those specs. If you're a Monk, Paladin, or Druid we're just going to spin a wheel and see where you land. This should drastically reduce the DPS queue time so that its an instant queue.

In case it wasn't clear this was very sarcastic :) Queue times are fine! Just a lack of tank and heals because they're probably with static groups, also lots of people are still leveling. Even queuing solo DPS for heroics my queue time max has been actually 30 mins but estimated says around an hour. (It's just an estimation)

great people that don't want to tank or heal are going be forced to and in turn bring on alot of youtube videos on how to wipe a dungeon cause blizzard is forcing to run a spec you don't want. reason i pay to play this game was cause i could play how i wanted to and not have someone tell me how to play
This is absolutely incorrect for me. The last 2 days Que times have said sub 40min, but I have sat in the ques for 3-4hr at a time as dps. It is insane. I understand saying that people are still leveling or in static groups, but writing it off as "max has been actually 30min but estimates says around an hour." is dead wrong. As I said my que says 30-40min and i'm sitting in there for 3-4hr. That's just ridiculous. Not in a single launch have I seen these que times for dps in the first week, or these inaccuracies in estimated times.

>Queue random bg
>2-8 hr queue time
>Queue specific dungeon as DPS
>pops in 1 minute
>Queue times are fine!
Its broken, it not a matter of if its fine, it is broke and not working as it should.
08/16/2018 06:27 PMPosted by Drbwacko
great people that don't want to tank or heal are going be forced to and in turn bring on alot of youtube videos on how to wipe a dungeon cause blizzard is forcing to run a spec you don't want. reason i pay to play this game was cause i could play how i wanted to and not have someone tell me how to play

/whoosh

Name fits.

I honestly don't think you have what it takes to tank a dungeon, this is just observation of the QQ about the subject.

Anyone with an average IQ could figure out to switch to tank and que.... so....

Just my opinion.
Today, for at least 5 attempts, queued up for Normal Tol Dagor, all 5 attempts were at a minimum queued for 1hr 3min. Not “average queue time”. I kid you not. Can’t even complete the last quest “The Final Key” to find Janina for Proudmore to where you need to obtain a key by killing the last boss in Tol Dagor.

Completing WQ’s, mining, upgrading BS profession, war fronts, island expeditions were taking up the time to “keep me busy” from looking how long I’ve been queued. I’ve already completed all 3 storylines in all areas in Kul’Tiras. You’d think with a new expansion and loads of level 110-120’s running around getting into dungeons, it would open up. Man, was I wrong.

Now, I’m just twiddling my thumbs on what else to do besides going to Zandalar. Since Zandalar for Alliance is all just questing and no storyline to follow, kinda not interested completing a islands worth of side quests without some “story” behind it.

Not sure what’s up with dungeon queues, but it wasn’t this bad for Legion, ever.

People who can tank are actively choosing not to?
08/16/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Delekii
Go back to properly incentivising tanking or healing as required. Two hour queue times are simply not ok at any point.

The system needs to adjust dynamically to make it worthwhile for more people to switch. Right now the incentive isn't enough to tip the scales.

The problem is that the incentive would need to be astronomically high to outweigh the general annoyance of tank/healing pugs. And if Blizzard did introduce such incentives, the amount of whining would be unparalleled. Lots of DPS whined when dungeon bags had mounts and toys, and that was taken away. Can't it all.
The queues are fine. People just don't want to do them while leveling. What's the point? Doing dungeons while leveling stopped being fun when I get to WoD. They're not rewarding either.
08/16/2018 04:31 AMPosted by Hardbop
Put active mitigation on the GCD and severely nerf tank selfhealing.

a lot of tanks suddenly dont want to tank anymore, hmmm really makes you think.

That's not really the case. It has to do with things being new. And the fact that most people give new tanks !@#$ for making one mistake, i could see why people don't want to tank right away.
Hello is it me you're looking for ?
Leveling as Vengeance currently and for now not doing any sort of dungeons and probably won't do any until level 120. I will be there eventually but right now story > dungeons to me.
I am sure this early in the expansion I'm not alone in that situation.
Maybe wait for more to hit 120?
08/16/2018 06:46 PMPosted by Korassa
08/16/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Delekii
Go back to properly incentivising tanking or healing as required. Two hour queue times are simply not ok at any point.

The system needs to adjust dynamically to make it worthwhile for more people to switch. Right now the incentive isn't enough to tip the scales.

The problem is that the incentive would need to be astronomically high to outweigh the general annoyance of tank/healing pugs. And if Blizzard did introduce such incentives, the amount of whining would be unparalleled. Lots of DPS whined when dungeon bags had mounts and toys, and that was taken away. Can't it all.

Too bad. If it dynamically adjusted, the level of reward would scale to the number of required roles; thus, the only people dps would have to blame for their lack of rewards is themselves. The difference would be that instead of waiting 2 hours, they would just not get potential rewards and queue for 5 minutes instead.

08/16/2018 07:16 PMPosted by Elaice
Maybe wait for more to hit 120?
Why would you think that a representative amount of people from each role haven't leveled to 120?

It doesn't matter if its 5 tanks, 100 dps and 10 healers or 500 tanks, 10000 dps and 1000 healers. Ratios are ratios.
Just specific queue a dungeon it’s like 2 minutes
As a DPS I get fast que's - been from 1 min to 10 mins.

In every case I singled out a specific dungeon.

So maybe just the Random Q is a bit borked. Or I've just been very lucky.
I seriously think the dungeon finder is borked for some people. Right now dps average queue time is showing 2 mins for me, and I've been in queue for 2 hrs 5 mins and counting. Obviously something is seriously wrong, like the game showing me in queue but not actually putting me in queue.
Finally decided to do some dungeons with a friend (we're both DPS). We did 2 random BFA normal dungeons. First Q pop was within a few minutes which was incredibly surprising, the 2nd pop was 59 minutes.

Certainly seems a bit... off.

Tell you what. Give warlocks and shamans back the ability to tank, and I'll happily see this bit of sarcasm become a reality.
08/16/2018 11:35 AMPosted by Chewal
Stop being douches to tanks when they are learning a dungeon and more of them would be confident enough to tank PUGs before they out gear it and have already learned it through guild runs or by running it as a different spec

This - 10000000000000000000000000000% this!!!!