Fix Druid DPS

General Discussion
Why are balance druids & feral druids doing so poorly atm? The specs have been run into the ground.

I used to enjoy balance druid DPS in legion. Dotting mobs up and starfalling, but now it feels like a wet paper bag. There is no fun in it anymore.

This needs to be adressed asap by the head of blizzard
We spent a good deal of Legion at max level, with gear that made world content, Dungeons & Raids much easier; we're going too feel much weaker by comparison until we start getting some significant improvements in gear level and Azerite traits. The first Raid Tier isn't even out yet, try and remain patient.

I do understand, I spend a lot of BfA healing myself with potions, eating food and only pulling a mob or three at a time. It makes the game feel more dangerous and exciting, for me at least. I'd like to be stronger at max level as well, but again I'll wait for Raids to start unlocking.

/hugs <3
While they are fixing Druids, please do ALOT of work on the Ele Shaman so they too can have effective DPS w/o constantly having to self heal. How can a mail wearer be squishy? Seriously! Please fix
The lack of haste that everyone has atm is a big player in why specs feel bad. Sin feels bloody terrible atm. But with more haste it will be okay again soon.
everyone is going to be a haste addict because the GCD changes..

there's no reason why the stat squish is this bad and to make this bad enough we're missing secondary stats on 3 pieces of our gear which is less haste in the end to "compensate" we get this traits and no longer tier bonuses..

kinda bad trade.. this will damage all classes not just druids in the end..
Feral doesn't work unless you have crap TON of haste, because your bleed just don't do much damage per energy spent. Also your energy regen is horrible with low haste. This spec is garbage unless it's PURE single target, and once you get high haste maybe you can do decent damage on sustained cleave, not burst damage.

Balance seems fine to me atm, they excel on burst damage and sustained aoe. NOT sustained singlet target, which is fine to me.

Balance are VERY trait dependant.

Streaking Stars basically BiS, because like i said before, we're excel on burst damage, Streaking Stars buff our Celestial Aligment even further.

And for aoe, you want Lunar Sharpnel to buff Starfall.

Balance certainly in a weird spot atm, but they're not that weak.
08/18/2018 02:38 AMPosted by Woodnote
We spent a good deal of Legion at max level, with gear that made world content, Dungeons & Raids much easier; we're going too feel much weaker by comparison until we start getting some significant improvements in gear level and Azerite traits. The first Raid Tier isn't even out yet, try and remain patient.

Ferals do roughly half the DPS of the next lowest ranked spec, on pure single target, which is supposed to be the spec's niche. Ferals have no AoE whatsoever either, and are currently routinely out-DPS'd by *healers* - MW monks, Holy Paladins, and Resto Druids routinely do more damage than Feral, not to mention Disc, that does more damage than Feral even while spending half its time healing.

If you apply to a group as a druid DPS and say that you're Feral, you will be instantly declined, no matter how geared you are, because a fresh 120 of any other class does more damage than a 340 Feral does.

The spec needs the damage of Rake and Rip (you know, the abilities that should be our bread and butter) increased by 100% (right now combo point for combo point, Rip does roughly half the damage of a sin rogue's Rupture), and ideally also an AoE finisher that spreads Rip to up to <number of combo points spent> targets.

If we could also get something to replace Jagged Wounds because it is probably the single most boring talent in the game, being effectively "Gain 20% haste for your bleeds" now that our bleeds scale with haste, that would also be great. Maybe something like the assassination rogue's Exsanguinate that causes all of its applied bleeds to tick 300% faster for 5 seconds.
My apologies, I should have specified that I am a Balance main, and therefore my thoughts and experiences are a reflection of what I've witnessed so far in BfA; I've no experience with Feral at the moment and cannot comment on them.

I agree with the Haste issue though, I'm barely pushing 13%. It does hurt significantly. :)
08/18/2018 03:02 AMPosted by Woodnote
I agree with the Haste issue though, I'm barely pushing 13%. It does hurt significantly. :)

From what people who played the beta have said, Feral needs around 70% haste to go from complete trash to mediocre when its incredibly punishing rotation is played perfectly.
LOL "the head of blizzard"
fix every dps

im so sick of getting upgrades in ilvl that negates all the work i had done towards haste.

depressing.
08/18/2018 03:04 AMPosted by Teksu
fix every dps

im so sick of getting upgrades in ilvl that negates all the work i had done towards haste.

depressing.

Druids need special attention considering they're the only class getting laughed out of any group content, because they're literally 1/3 of a DPS.
08/18/2018 03:03 AMPosted by Morthra
From what people who played the beta have said, Feral needs around 70% haste to go from complete trash to mediocre when its incredibly punishing rotation is played perfectly.
Whoa! That's a lot of Haste, my sweet Elune!

Well, with any luck we'll see some Class changes this Tuesday, now that BfA has been out for a week the Devs can hopefully make some adjustments all around for a lot of Classes. I try too be as optimistic as I can, so don't mind my peppy attitude. <3
08/18/2018 03:09 AMPosted by Woodnote
Well, with any luck we'll see some Class changes this Tuesday, now that BfA has been out for a week the Devs can hopefully make some adjustments all around for a lot of Classes. I try too be as optimistic as I can, so don't mind my peppy attitude. <3

I admire your optimisim, but I'm a little more skeptical because Blizz has done nothing but maintain radio silence when it comes to Feral. Despite several ~900 post threads on the beta forums they responded exactly zero times.

Though I think part of it comes from people who are part of the "old guard" Ferals like myself that preferred the heavy bleed based playstyle clashing with the people who rolled a Feral in WoD or Legion that liked the DD spec. Old Guard Ferals like Bloodtalons, newer Ferals don't and want to see it removed because it's the reason why DD Feral can't excel at single target (since BT would make bleed feral then over the top).
big class tuning will most likely happen 1 week after a raid is open.

some class tune already happened for the past days, let's just hope maybe they do atleast blanket damage increases 1 week before raid open. :]
08/18/2018 03:37 AMPosted by Milkshakemoo
big class tuning will most likely happen 1 week after a raid is open.

too little too late.
08/18/2018 05:04 AMPosted by Kokoshne
too little too late.
You can't really balance something without data.

I don't know about their internal testers

But most of the times, player somehow always find a way to play the class differently than what blizzard intended it to be.

There's a lot of variables, like a lot.

They can't look at only ONE class and then balance them
They have to look at all the class, and then balance them all together.

Otherwise it'll make a ripple effect that will just make balancing seems useless. You fix one thing and other thing pop up.

So it's better for blizzard to just Balance everything in one go.

And i believe that, 1 week after a raid is open is a great way to gather data at how class and spec are doing.

I know atleast Blizzard should have data with us doing dungeons and stuff

But again like i said, if they balance it around them, then it'll make ripple effect on how class is doing in raid.

They're really stuck until raid is open for 1 week.
I don’t feel weak as a balance Druid. My dps seems decent and I seem to do great single target dps as well as aoe.

I won’t know for sure how well the spec plays until mythic plus.
Wait... I suck right now? Or is this a max level issue? Because I feel fine at 114 on my other druid. But she still has decent stats for the time being.

I assume it's a lack of haste and mastery for Balance at max level?
08/18/2018 06:28 AMPosted by Kaiyeri
Wait... I suck right now? Or is this a max level issue? Because I feel fine at 114 on my other druid. But she still has decent stats for the time being.

I assume it's a lack of haste and mastery for Balance at max level?

Wait until you hit 116 and legendaries will stop working, you'll see how bad it is.