Same Island Expeditions Over and Over

General Discussion
I keep getting Un'gol Ruins and Skittering Hollow over and over and over. One time I got Dread Chain but otherwise it's those two continuously. I can't get the 5 different expeditions needed to continue the research with Alleria. Is this actually working? Are there actually 5 different ones available right now? This is ridiculous.
Dunno been wondering this myself
only 3 are available right now.
From my understanding, the three islands rotate weekly.

So if you've done all three available at the moment (Dread Chain, Skittering Hollow, Un'gol Ruins) that's all you need for now.
only 3 per week you will get..

unless there was something that they changed every single week you get 3 isles for a week.

as for the alleria thing it's gated.. you have to do 5 different isles not 5 island expeditions. 5 different isles so you have to wait until reset till you get 3 new more isles and keep queueing to get the rest.
I think only 3 maps show up per week. Another way to timegate upgrades
Gated, no shock there. I was wondering why I was getting the same three.

I almost always defend the gating, but wow, it's overly abundant in Battle for Azeroth.
One question I have about Island Expeditions, why do you take durability damage if you die in the PvP version? Makes winning it super easy when all you need to do is kill the enemy team enough times that they run out of gold due to repairs, or just storm the boat and kill the repair vendor and break all their gear.
another question seems to be another lie but during the reveal of bfa, blizzard said everytime you enter expedition it will be mostly different, however blizzard did not mention only 3 would be available per weekly.

This is why i have lost all my hype when it comes to new expansions cause i know most features would be gated or not available yet

Ill try all new expansions but i will have a meh mindset because i know stuff that are advertise do not usually make it to live
08/20/2018 08:28 PMPosted by Nephelina
One question I have about Island Expeditions, why do you take durability damage if you die in the PvP version? Makes winning it super easy when all you need to do is kill the enemy team enough times that they run out of gold due to repairs, or just storm the boat and kill the repair vendor and break all their gear.

no one is going to run out of gold to repair.
That's pretty dull considering we have to grind them out for a whole week.
Post from April so it might have changed since then, but this is what I remember:

03/14/2018 05:15 PMPosted by Muffinus
4/27 - In the next major build, three different Islands will be available per week on a rotation, drawing from the following pool:
    - Un'gol Ruins
    - Molten Cay
    - Verdant Wilds
    - Dread Chain
    - Whispering Reef
    - Skittering Hollow
    - Rotting Mire
08/20/2018 09:01 PMPosted by Digerati
Post from April so it might have changed since then, but this is what I remember:

03/14/2018 05:15 PMPosted by Muffinus
4/27 - In the next major build, three different Islands will be available per week on a rotation, drawing from the following pool:
    - Un'gol Ruins
    - Molten Cay
    - Verdant Wilds
    - Dread Chain
    - Whispering Reef
    - Skittering Hollow
    - Rotting Mire

In before the "random" rotation draws two of the same islands again so we can't progress the War Campaign upgrades
08/20/2018 09:04 PMPosted by Lunescia
08/20/2018 09:01 PMPosted by Digerati

In before the "random" rotation draws two of the same islands again so we can't progress the War Campaign upgrades

You know its going to happen
Im still yet to get all 3 of this weeks. Only got un'gol ruins and dread chain. Granted i only did 4 normals and 2 heroics just for the 1500 rep but it did them 3 each and still havent done skittering hollows
08/20/2018 08:24 PMPosted by Ornyx

So if you've done all three available at the moment (Dread Chain, Skittering Hollow, Un'gol Ruins) that's all you need for now.
I see. It would've been nice to have been told that in the game some way, instead of just wasting my time. I'm glad I asked.
Wait so the island expeditions that were supposed to be randomly generated maps that were completely different each time you went didn't make it into the game?
That's bull...
08/20/2018 09:30 PMPosted by Xalea
08/20/2018 08:24 PMPosted by Ornyx

I see. It would've been nice to have been told that in the game some way, instead of just wasting my time. I'm glad I asked.

The table you queue for them has all three maps clearly labeled... It's abundantly obvious that those three are the only ones available this week.
Why not just make them all available at random, like a dungeon?
08/20/2018 08:25 PMPosted by Skinwälker
I think only 3 maps show up per week. Another way to timegate upgrades
you people will literally complain about anything huh?