GCD change sucks so much

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
Thanks a lot, Fury warrior "1-shot macro" gankers... you brought this upon us.

No but in all seriousness, they REALLY over-reacted on the whole issue... they could've just nerfed the "usual suspect classes" (Warrior, etc) abusing the 1-shot macros... rather than ruining the game for everyone including "innocent" classes.
08/21/2018 01:32 PMPosted by Evamora
I hardly notice it on my warlock, but it is simply horrible on my prot paladin.

you dont notice that you cant pop your defensives with out a GCD?
Holy cool down popping feels really bad. 3 cds I like to pop are all on gcd now
Usually any game change has supporters and detractors and Blizz has to find the happy medium.

The GCD change seems universally hated. It doesn't bother me much, but it still feels like a downgrade in gameplay.
08/21/2018 02:42 PMPosted by Mettlebrew
BrM I dont notice it (I dont think anything of theirs got changed in this regard)
WW however got rekt by it. The opener is so damn annoying and slow. On top of that low haste values make energy regen a problem for me atm.

SEF? 1 button?

Pretty much everything else is the same, including fist of the white tiger "replacing" strike of the windlord.
Haste and mob scaling. A huge fiasco. Open world is not fun as is.
Main ability I notice the GCD on is Arcane Power.

In Legion Arcane Power had a 13 second duration and was off the GCD.

In BfA Arcane Power has a 10 second duration and is on the GCD. Meaning you get maybe 8.6 seconds of use out of it.

Arcane Power itself also doesn't actually do anything by itself. It's just a damage buff that boosts subsequent spells you cast, sorta like activating a trinket. The super-short duration feels really lame for our main cooldown on a 2-minute timer.
Signed, OP
every boss now on BM = aspect, gcd, crows, gcd, bestial wrath, gcd, oh good now i can actually attack.

did anyone there even bother to test classes?
I haven't noticed the change on my prot pally, hunter, or druid. Perhaps the only thing that sucks is your ability to adapt to change.
08/21/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Hellasha
I haven't noticed the change on my prot pally, hunter, or druid. Perhaps the only thing that sucks is your ability to adapt to change.

No, some classes and spec are really affected, and others...

While the pace is slower it's not so noticeable.

Perhaps you should not be a jerk?
You know all those abilities were on the GCD already except DPS cooldowns, right? It's not like in Legion you could just hit abilities as often as you liked.
So I noticed in the latest news/blue posts some supposedly upcoming "hotfix" regarding Feral Druid's low damage, so complaining does still work.

Same thing happened with 60-80 leveling, we complained and complained and complained and finally they nerfed the 60-80 leveling bracket.

Keep complaining boys
08/21/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Cousinjrad
Theyre trying to get you to be proactive about defensive abilities instead of reactive.

Also short of a few abilities the gcd has always been there. In main rotations its always been ability, pause, ability, pause, etc. Tbh...im barely noticing it but it may just be my class idk.

I SUCK at being proactive. My memory is too bad, and I'm too easily distracted to remember every mobs ability usage. I'm usually pounding my keybinds in desperation as I realize I slipped into watching Judge Judy while Mr. Boss was charging up his big move and taking off half my health.
Me healing: I hope you live for 2 seconds longer so that I can react to you dying.

in b4 people are like "omg y dunt u HoT them ideot"

Also why is Mana Tea on the GCD? Like? I unspec'd it because of that. Forget that.
There have been quite a few times that a boss encounter has started, I do my thing and hit my Wings hotkey only to realize a couple of seconds later that the ability didn't actually go off as the GCD wasn't back up when I pressed the key. Lots of muscle memory to re-train.

I do find it very slow, but I doubt it's going to change.
08/21/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Célèstine
Prot paladins have gone down the toilet pretty bad. Used to be I could easily survive without having to burn through my cooldowns while facing off 8-9 mobs.

Now, I can't even survive 5 mobs without using either Lay on Hands, Ardent Defender or Guardian of Kings. I'm not even talking aboutdungeon mobs, it's World Mobs. World PvE.

That's how crap it is.

Nice changes, Blizzard. You effectively made tanking as unfun as possible. Hope you're feeling better about yourselves.
that sounds more like gear, ive loved prot paladins on my healing alt. Other than BrM, it is the only tank that doesn't feel ungodly spikey in health
PvP is 100 times better now that you don't need to worry about getting nuked.

PvE is worse, but I feel like the difference isn't as big.
if only blizz would listen
08/22/2018 12:33 PMPosted by Wisskee
PvP is 100 times better now that you don't need to worry about getting nuked.

PvE is worse, but I feel like the difference isn't as big.
PvE is much worse lol

PvP feels clunky too, let's be honest. PvPing with PAUSE in between every single action takes away from the smoothness of fights imo, whereas before you could "interweave" different off-GCD abilities and "mix up" your rotation considerably. There was more choice and "customization" of your rotation prior to the GCD change.