Scaling isn't an issue for even a casual player

General Discussion
Once I hit like 310 I blow things up just as fast as I did when I entered BFA zones with legendaries and it was faceroll as can be. It's faceroll again. Now like 315 and blow things up even faster. I have never done one dungeon normal or heroic. I haven't bought one piece of gear.

The only "strategy" I used was when I saw blue weapons or pieces of gear with a decent I held off on the quest until I was 120 so they were 300ish. There is a STUPID amount of side quests in BFA. You can leave a lot of quests undone. You DO feel a little weaker once you hit a fresh 120, but this is solved by even just doing dailies (which is all I did).

Don't forget to visit Silithus every time you level up rep with Champions of Azeroth (he upgrades neck by like 15 levels or something) and before you start world questing get the contract for Champions of Azeroth on the Auction House. It's the most important rep in the game.

BTW I am an old man, play in warmode and am just waiting on Classic WoW and basically playing for the story. If you are having issues killing mobs in PVE, you need to figure out what YOU are doing wrong. Your talent choices suck, your traits are wrong, or you are just playing wrong. There are lots of things I don't like about BFA. Scaling isn't an issue.

If Blizzard made any mistake it was giving people legendaries in BFA so that you got used to facerolling content right off the bat. They could just turn off the effects once you enter a BFA zone, but then you would cry about that to. You had stupidly OP items so that it takes you a whole week of dailies to match what you entered with. Keep in mind that most of the people who will be leveling late will be mediocre players, trying to remember how to play their class and you will wipe the floor with them and their legendaries anyways. I would say HALF the people I kill while doing dailies don't even have a pvp trinket. They have adaption. Any class can easily exploit that and mop the floor with them.
You kill stuff faster by vendoring both your rings.
How does that sound to you? It's not that the game is too difficult, it's that the idea of being stronger by removing gear is absurd.
If you're already 120 then you aren't a casual player, honestly.
It's heavily spec dependent.

Because this bunch of clowns, after breaking most specs for the Legion launch and only patching them back up to "workable" 2 content patches later thought it'd be a good idea to have another go at them.
It's not causing me any problems, but ilvl scaling is still stupid.

It serves no real purpose except to mitigate the feeling of making progression for your character.

If Blizzard is worried about how strong we're getting with gear, there are better ways to mitigate that than making mobs get stronger based on our gear.
You’re playing one of the highest DPS classes right now. Others’ results may vary.
Well yeah, they're what, 4% harder at your item level? You're hardly going to notice the .05 second difference.

I'm 345. I noticed a difference. It just seems like a strange concept to me to scale the mobs to be stronger, in a game about me getting gear that should allow me to steamroll this stuff.

From the looks of the data posted on Reddit, it's going to continue exponentially to the point where later in the expansion we ARE going to be demolishing everything, and that's the only bright spot in this otherwise terrible concept.
Thank you for outlining my strategy for getting better gear while I wait for the Power Supply for my good computer to arrive.

Without it, I basically can't do anything except WQ and dailies.
Nobody is having an issue killing mobs, it's the fact that they're taking away the feeling of ''progression'' as you're gearing up. GG
08/22/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Hekkur
If you're already 120 then you aren't a casual player, honestly.

You act like this was the Witcher 3 campaign. It was more like the tutorial zone.

08/22/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Wheeller
Well yeah, they're what, 4% harder at your item level? You're hardly going to notice the .05 second difference.

I'm 345. I noticed a difference. It just seems like a strange concept to me to scale the mobs to be stronger, in a game about me getting gear that should allow me to steamroll this stuff.

From the looks of the data posted on Reddit, it's going to continue exponentially to the point where later in the expansion we ARE going to be demolishing everything, and that's the only bright spot in this otherwise terrible concept.

Yeah my gear isn't even great and it is already getting stupidly easier every 5 levels.

08/22/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Caylara
You kill stuff faster by vendoring both your rings.
How does that sound to you? It's not that the game is too difficult, it's that the idea of being stronger by removing gear is absurd.

You sure it isn't if they are the complete wrong stat? That would make sense. Just put them in the bank and only use them for dungeons if you need the item level to get in a run or something. Or sell the things if you no longer need the item level to impress people. Bad stats are bad and the health difference is jack on rings.
08/22/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Rencz
Nobody is having an issue killing mobs, it's the fact that they're taking away the feeling of ''progression'' as you're gearing up. GG

It's a lie. When I reached lvl 220 and 280 ilvl on my warlock I was weak. Very weak. Now I am 336 Ilvl. The difference is night and day. I feel progression. My other guildmates attest to similar. I kill much faster and my demon can actually solo mobs decently now. The rage on this forums is ridiculous. It's exaggeration after exaggeration because they're !@#$%^- lazy and want to two shot WQ mobs like they did in Legion. It's all propaganda to push an agenda to make the world's mobs baby easy again. It's pathetic how lazy and entitled so many WoW players are

It's there. It's just slower. The mistake is legendaries to be honest. The easy fix would be to just disable the effects immediately when you get in BFA. I'm sure Blizz has contemplated it. They will get yelled at for that to though. What would you do in their situation?

Keep in mind when people start leveling their alts they are going to rant and rave that it takes too long to get from 110-111.
A lot of this speculating and whining could be alleviated if blizzard was just transparent about how their "system" works... just explain it to us and let us decide if we play the game or not.
08/22/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Blondemamba
Once I hit like 310 I blow things up just as fast as I did when I entered BFA zones with legendaries

So at level 120 with higher IL you kill things "as fast" as when you were 110?
08/22/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Caylara
How does that sound to you?

Sounds like an issue I expect people to be reasonable about. Blizz has a lot of stuff to work on, and so many players acting like this is the end of the World is just a bit silly.
GD tends to overreact to these kinds of things. Personally I don't like the precedent, but I'm not incensed enough to actually be bothered by the scaling. Things still die quick enough, and even at the harder parts of the scaling, it's not that noticeable.
I think I was around 280 when I hit 120, and from 280-310ilvl it was a nightmare in the open world.

It is just boring AF to sit there for 2 minutes piking away at an elite with zero threat of dying.
There are many more nuances than just end game

On this character, despite gaining character levels, gear, and abilities, I have felt 0 "progression" because it's been ~20 hours of 4 to 6+ Frostbolt/Ice Lance combos per mob with 6+ being more common than chain crits to get 4 or less or procs that feel unrewarding damage wise.
I am a tank, but I have zero issues chain pulling and walking away with 75% + hp. Just like when I was lvling. So I dont get the issue people seem to have. Cant kill stuff? Group up. I like people not being able to one shot mobs, or nuke them in 3 seconds.