Healing dungeons in bfa

General Discussion
So I'm healing dungeons. Yeah I shouldnt have to repeat that, but holy smokes people just dont listen to things repeated multiple times.

No dungeon is too hard, especially with a competent group. Yet.... Lord Stormsong is just the most annoying boss fight. People do not listen well when it comes to him. Save burst for players who get chosen to be turned. Chosen player needs to get orbs.

I've had multiple people who have dungeon chat viewable tell me that they didnt know what to do after I said what to do. People ignoring orbs and running around like a chicken without a head. This one boss is the bane of dungeon finder. No other boss has had this many wipes. Half the time the dps cant do dps against the player, usually because losing one dps seriously hurts the chances while if I got chosen then it's much simpler.

It seems to be slowly, slowly improving as I explain what to do on that boss, but sheesh. I dont really know why he's such a problem. At least the exp is pretty nice.

In order to spark conversation, any other healer find their own bane of dungeon finder? Besides poor players.
  • DPS dies repeatedly to trash mobs in Shrine. Tank explains mechanics. DPS claims to have had done it on Mythic without doing mechanics, and if he dies it's the fault of the "n00b trash healer" but with fouler language than these forums allow.
  • DPS gets Knot of Snaked in Temple. Dies because nobody attacks the Knot. "I got no heals," he says.
  • That godawful Bazaar encounter in Temple. Oh. My. God. Tank pulls everything. Doesn't realize everything respawns. This continues for an eternity.
  • "One dps on each totem. Burn together. No. Stop attacking the boss. He is immortal. Guys. Totems. Nonononono. Shtaaaaaaap. Well now I'm oom, I hope you're happy."
  • 08/26/2018 12:37 AMPosted by Mistcat
    DPS dies repeatedly to trash mobs in Shrine. Tank explains mechanics. DPS claims to have had done it on Mythic without doing mechanics, and if he dies it's the fault of the "n00b trash healer" but with fouler language than these forums allow.
    DPS gets Knot of Snaked in Temple. Dies because nobody attacks the Knot. "I got no heals," he says.

I havent had that at least. No complaints on my healing or people blaming me for their mistakes. Oh no, I jinxed it.
    wait, stormsong can kill people? even in mythic there's like 0 damage coming out during that fight...

08/26/2018 12:13 AMPosted by Xifen
    In order to spark conversation, any other healer fine their own bane of dungeon finder?

none in LFG... mythic-wise, temple if my group is bad and underrot in general make me cry.
    Healing in this expansion is total cancer. They seem to have put a ton of mechanics that DPS have to do that just punish healers if not done properly. Since the average DPS seems to enjoy licking windows, you can imagine how that turns out.

STOP. PUNISHING. HEALERS. FOR. BAD. DPS.

Set their damage to 0 if they can't do mechanics, I bet they'd start doing them then, since DPS meters > everything.
    Korgus is the bane of my existence. For some reason no one understands that you can't take two deadeye attacks in a row and people wiggling all over the place and getting stunned/killed.

Zancha is another fight i hate due to people not doing proper mechanics. it's the perfect encounter to wrongfully blame the healer.
    After doing the Freehold dungeon as DPS, I made a mental note to myself: Change out Halo if going Holy.

I've been healing on my Alliance main (normals only) and haven't had too many problems so far. The first Tol Dagor, though, people didn't grok you needed to interrupt/kill the mob spamming heals.
    08/26/2018 12:54 AMPosted by Kimjonglily
    Healing in this expansion is total cancer. They seem to have put a ton of mechanics that DPS have to do that just punish healers if not done properly. Since the average DPS seems to enjoy licking windows, you can imagine how that turns out.

Set their damage to 0 if they can't do mechanics, I bet they'd start doing them then, since DPS meters > everything.

That would be amazing. It'd actually make 'em learn something!
    people just don't seem to care about mechanics in pugs... makes it sooo much fun to heal /sarcasm
    08/26/2018 12:54 AMPosted by Kimjonglily

Lol.

Learn to heal :)
    I haven’t leveled a healer yet to heal dungeons on, but as a DPS I’ve had to coach people how not to die in shrine because they were yelling at the healer because it was somehow her fault that they weren’t breaking the MC, or standing in the rune for the add that carves you earlier on.

People are silly.

I don’t look forward to having to heal them.
    Fantastic. My last run of the dungeon had no issues. They listened! One even called me boss :3

08/26/2018 12:52 AMPosted by Sora
    wait, stormsong can kill people? even in mythic there's like 0 damage coming out during that fight...

It's not Lord that does it. It's the controlled players that wipe. Lord, himself, is irrelevant. Once a player changes, it's trouble. Thing is, this wasnt an issue when i leveled my rogue to 120.
    08/26/2018 12:52 AMPosted by Sora

Make sure nobody in your *normal dungeon read the journal XD
    wait, stormsong can kill people? even in mythic there's like 0 damage coming out during that fight....

Pretty annoying when he MCs a warlock, might just be scaling issues but we literally couldn't kill a warlock who got MCed in normal mode, I am guessing because of Soul Leech.

Next attempt he MCed the pally instead and he was broken out in under 5 seconds.
    Just healed a bunch of mythics in random pugs, no problems here. Had a great time. We all learned the dungeons together and got mad lootz. Thanks Blizz!
    Speaking while being a healer will often be taken badly. Speaking to randoms will often be taken badly.
    Start doing dungeons with guildies.
    08/26/2018 02:40 AMPosted by Shïvana
    Speaking while being a healer will often be taken badly. Speaking to randoms will often be taken badly.
    Start doing dungeons with guildies.

I dont have a guild and I speak almost every run unless it's a flawless one. No one has hated on me yet.
    *Grasp of the Sunken City*

"Guys, you need to interrupt Consume Essence or the mob heals. I can only do so much."

*mob heals 5 times, group wipes*

"omg wheres my heals??"

If people played well, they wouldn't need a healer.
    08/26/2018 03:09 AMPosted by Flutterdash

If people played well, they wouldn't need a healer.

That feels so true with some of my groups. Honestly, I've had tanks I havent had to heal much. Even times where dps play correctly and had little to do. It's soothing.