Stromgarde Warfront Unlock Timing

General Discussion
1 2 3 21 Next
We’ve seen some confusion about when Battle for Azeroth’s first Warfront, Battle for Stromgarde, will open and would like to give some clarifications.

Similar to other types of endgame content such as raids and rated PvP, the Battle for Stromgarde will not be immediately available at launch. Instead, it’ll open a few weeks later. Initially, the Alliance will control Stromgarde Keep (which allows access to certain outdoor content in the Arathi Highlands), while the Horde begins preparations to assault. Once those preparations are finished, Horde players will be able to queue for the Battle for Stromgarde Warfront.

A few days afterward, the roles will reverse: the Horde will control Stromgarde (thus gaining access to the outdoor content), and the Alliance will begin their own preparations to retaliate. This process will continue to alternate between Horde and Alliance on a regular cadence.
Oh look, more time gating.
08/08/2018 09:08 PMPosted by Pixxul
Oh look, more time gating.

looking at some optimistic side.. the alliance will have all the content on the first week which is really nice.
Similar to how the mage tower timing worked in other words.
World of Gatecraft
time gated? yes but you will be busy leveling and doing normal dungeon, heroic then m+ to gear up my friends. same for the raid. since wow exist they dont release the same week. and im pretty sure theres end game content when you hold a warfront like wintergrasp or tol barad if you see what i mean
08/08/2018 09:22 PMPosted by Sungxiu
time gated? yes but you will be busy leveling and doing normal dungeon, heroic then m+ to gear up my friends. same for the raid. since wow exist they dont release the same week. and im pretty sure theres end game content when you hold a warfront like wintergrasp or tol barad if you see what i mean

Oh, excuse me, I didn't realise that you tell me how I play the game.
Always nice to get something like this confirmed. Isn't communication a beautiful thing blizz?

08/08/2018 09:23 PMPosted by Malorash

Oh, excuse me, I didn't realise that you tell me how I play the game.

god forbid blizzard develops something ahead of scheduled and holds off on releasing it... Isn't going to take more than a month for the majority of you to be screaming content drought /unsub.
Sounds like both sides get to grind yippie....
Quite a long time gate for Horde. A few weeks?!
Warfronts give players access to raid quality gear. It makes very little sense to release them before raiding, or have them available in the first week, so everyone in the game suddenly feels like it is necessary to rush to level cap.

Sit back and enjoy the ride. This is actually an extremely sensible decision.

08/08/2018 09:40 PMPosted by Vanthil
Quite a long time gate for Horde. A few weeks?!

They have to give it to someone first. Hord are typically more prevalent in the race to world first, makes sense to me to give it to the alliance.
Interesting! I'm looking forward to it! Thank you for opening everything later, Blizz. It gives some of us time to level up slowly, and play the game before feeling rushed to do everything all at once.
08/08/2018 08:56 PMPosted by Ythisens
We’ve seen some confusion about when Battle for Azeroth’s first Warfront, Battle for Stromgarde, will open and would like to give some clarifications.

Similar to other types of endgame content such as raids and rated PvP, the Battle for Stromgarde will not be immediately available at launch. Instead, it’ll open a few weeks later. Initially, the Alliance will control Stromgarde Keep (which allows access to certain outdoor content in the Arathi Highlands), while the Horde begins preparations to assault. Once those preparations are finished, Horde players will be able to queue for the Battle for Stromgarde Warfront.

A few days afterward, the roles will reverse: the Horde will control Stromgarde (thus gaining access to the outdoor content), and the Alliance will begin their own preparations to retaliate. This process will continue to alternate between Horde and Alliance on a regular cadence.

Thanks for clarifying :) People wanted to know.
I was wondering more of a date, we already know how the warfronts work :).
Can we please get a confirmation on what item level loot the rares in Arathi drop? It has been all over the place on beta from 355, 340, 280.

Would be nice to know something concrete.

Thank you!
08/08/2018 09:33 PMPosted by Malorash
08/08/2018 09:26 PMPosted by Lastgun
god forbid blizzard develops something ahead of scheduled and holds off on releasing it... Isn't going to take more than a month for the majority of you to be screaming content drought /unsub.

Funny, because you're pushing this bull!@#$ notion that WoW somehow needs arbitrary time gates for its content to survive, and yet here we have the games own history showing otherwise. When the game was more successful and had substantially more players at times like TBC and WotLK when the entry level raids were available and accessible from the day the expansion launched.

You've drank Blizzards cult koolaid and actually believe wasting more of your time waiting on content is itself a form of content.
Are you still playing Warcraft? If so then they must be doing something right....
Since I'm loaning you guys Stromgarde...can I have Alterac?