Stromgarde Warfront Unlock Timing

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 Next
I know this is a long shot but if anyone is feeling generous and has a large amount of gold if its not a big deal could someone send me like 1k just to get some good heirlooms to start of im a new player and don't have any friends to play with or a guild to join.
yayyyy /s
Whatever the time-gate is on this should probably be reduced. I did everything there was to do around Stromgarde within an hour or so and there's been nothing else since. Going on two weeks as an empty zone.

In my opinion whatever we're supposed to be doing with Stromgarde, it should be happening all the time.
09/11/2018 11:56 PMPosted by Malistra
do take issue with the horde overrunning the entire city and killing all the inhabitants

I don't consider Stromgarde a city, I see it as a large fortified base. The only civilians who'd be in there would be workers, and with a portal in place it would be easy for them to be evacuated as soon as it was obvious the place was about to fall.

I think you are taking this whole 'evil Horde slaughterers" theme a bit too much to heart.
A few days later? A few = 3, much like a couple, only the term couple is indicative of just 2 days. We gotta wait a whole week until we can unlock our quests, then ANOTHER week before we can DO the warfront.

See the the issue? No? Let me continue to clarify; Horde already has had ample opportunity to repeat their warfront and gain the entire xmog set, full 340 ilvl gear and 1x370 ilvl piece. Alliance had a CHANCE at a 370 piece, 1 guaranteed 340 piece, and a CHANCE at loot drops from RARES...timeframe-wise, nothing unlocks for the WHOLE time when you control it once you've killed the world boss/elites; i.e. ONE AND DONE deal until the NEXT TIME you control the warfront.

Blizzard, I ask, couldn't you AT LEAST refresh the world boss and rares when you control it with the weekly reset? I mean c'mon, it's kind of silly - you cant even BONUS roll after the reset if you've already killed the world boss the previous week.

The Horde are ahead of us now. You force the Alliance to gear by other means whilst you give the HORDE a repeatable quest to get to 340 immediately? In all honesty, I would whole-heartedly expect the Horde would be infuriated if the roles were reversed, and for GOOD reasons!

So what could you do? Shorten the time it takes to unlock resources, only make the warfront last 3 days (just an example; i.e. shorten timeframes to allow greater access by BOTH factions).

What do you NOT do? "Fix" things when everything swaps and the alliance has it next week; wait until our turn is done, hot-fix it, and be done with it. We know we wont get compensation for that time lost, and honestly, it would be silly to do so. This is not a plea for free loot. I speak for myself when I say I dont care for that; that would be self-entitlement, and I'm not all about that. The Horde did nothing wrong, it how this whole Warfront scene was implemented that it the issue. If the roles were reversed, I'd honestly feel bad for the Horde, because it would be them that were getting shafted.
I'm absolutely fine with the timegating of warfronts. People simply need to learn to be patient. We'll get our turn, don't worry.
I'm really confused about this. I can't kill the mobs in Arathi again - I thought they reset when the warfront resets. Somehow I missed queueing for the warfront, thinking that the portal to Arathi was that, but it was not.

So now, I see that Alliance is in control of Arathi, but I still cannot queue for the Battle for Stromgarde for at least 2 days. What is Alliance supposed to do in the meantime?
09/14/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Merrilock
I'm really confused about this. I can't kill the mobs in Arathi again - I thought they reset when the warfront resets. Somehow I missed queueing for the warfront, thinking that the portal to Arathi was that, but it was not.

So now, I see that Alliance is in control of Arathi, but I still cannot queue for the Battle for Stromgarde for at least 2 days. What is Alliance supposed to do in the meantime?

You are supposed to mope.
08/08/2018 09:12 PMPosted by Xyona
08/08/2018 09:08 PMPosted by Pixxul
Oh look, more time gating.

looking at some optimistic side.. the alliance will have all the content on the first week which is really nice.

That simply isn't true...and I've yet to see warfronts unlock for the alliance unless I'm missing something.
lacking of communitcation at hq? one dev says few days ion says 3.5weeks. has blizz downgraded? playing stupid? wtf is going on!
is there anything that needs to be completed to have access to warfronts? (war table in boralus cant be interacted with)
When you control Arathi, you get 6 quests: kill 20 of this, kill 20 of that, wash, rinse repeat different mobs; and kill the WB. Rewards for the quests are 4 war supply rewards, 1 azerite reward, and one 340 Piece of gear. You know the trouble with RNG loot so be prepared to not get much from the 26 rares. I got mainly greys and small azerite slivers, not a single piece of gear.
Ok, don't know about all of you, but in my region Alliance started with the weekly boss and all the quests, then had to wait an entire week for the Horde to fill the meter. Then a 7 day timer started. Now we need to contribute. STILL haven't been able to actually queue for a warfront. WTF?!
Enough with the filling of stupid bars and waiting...Horde has had the warfront for two weeks why can't we queue for this already...seriously Blizzard get your !@#$ together. You guys serious dropped the ball on this content, not only is the wait TOO LONG, but I'm seriously starting to doubt this feature as a whole. Seems pretty horde biased, Alliance better have the warfront just as long as the Horde did, at this point it has been two weeks of not being able to queue up for this "insert poop emoji here" and waiting on Alliance side, wait til a bar fills then NOPE STILL CAN'T QUEUE. WAIT SOME MORE. TWO WEEKS BLIZZ SERIOUSLY. It isn't going to matter how many warfronts you add if we can't queue for them for weeks on end, this feature so far is trash. If I was you guys I would make the contribution content more like Island expeditions where you actually can earn rewards instead of simple turn ins, at least then we wouldn't be sitting here twiddling our thumbs waiting for content, by some time gate that is clearly obnoxious. Warfronts are wack and boring. If you want your players to enjoy this feature you should go back and look at Wintergrasp/Ashran/Tol Barad and then add some broken shore mage tower style "offense/defense buildings" basically make a huge RTS zone, so we can really have a faction war with each other. This waiting %^-* is for the birds, BRING ON THE WAR ALREADY. We shouldn't have to wait for horde to get enough resources to attack us and then we have to get resources to defend ourselves...come on now..."insert yet another poop emoji here"
Teldrassil and Undercity have both been put to the torch by Sylvanas and both factions are in a desperate search for allies. Based on that interpretation I'm expecting a desperate battle for territory and a fierce desire to gain an edge against my enemy. So naturally it makes sense to make warfronts a faceroll activity with no real consequence or purpose.

That makes no sense. At all. We were all expecting something with flair and a unique atmosphere. I think we were expecting a Tarren Mill and South Shore 2.0 "Where boys become men." But instead we got a wanna be war simulator.

Here's what I suggest for warfronts.

Restrict it to people who have completed "Ready for War." This gives alts the opportunity to quickly gear and vets one less reason to complain. This ensures that players legitimately play through content and have the option to speed up the process at a later date.

Next, take inspiration from Wintergrasp. Make it a stress test weekly fight between as many people as can be found. Then balance War contributions based on player bias. If there are higher horde pops on one realm, then alliance rss count for more and vice versa. Then take the resource contribution and apply it to NPC's. You don't have to throw it away, but it can't stay as is. This next bit is important. Contributions effect NPC stats. This forces a balance and gives meaning to a BATTLE FOR AZEROTH theme. Players LITERALLY vying for control over territories. As far as rewards go, get creative.

Have recipes for mounts or toys available for purchase there. Move Pvp vendors there for PvP gear that can only be bought if your faction has control.

Give World Bosses a chance to do some dmg.
-Every 6-8? hours have a world boss reduce the opposing factions contributions unless its killed in x minutes. Maybe only make it twice a day depending on player activity.

Make mini events happen whenever x players are in the zone
Spies are trying to sabotage the base or steal resources. Similar to the Garrisons in WoD. "With the resources you secured we managed to get you this shiny new weapon."
Hell, give it a fail condition. If spies aren't killed in a timeframe then no loot.

Make senarios available for the faction trying to get control
If you don't own the zone you can run senarios to steal war resources from the enemy fort. This would give players something to do until the next battle for the zone happens.

When you hopefully release more War Fronts this will add an interesting aspect to the game as players struggle to defend or assault mutliple locations. This would better represent a thinning of resources. Then give players the option to contribute to one area or another. Similar to the buildings on the Broken Shore.
I just wish it wasn't so long. When is the Horde back in, some time in February now?
Why do people consistently complain about waiting to have to get gear?

It is not fun to get to max level and just have high level gear dumped in your lap.

Earning gear and the anticipation and grind is supposed to be a huge part of the fun. Most people will agree that the ease of gearing is a downgrade not an upgrade.

I see several people here are pointing to previous xpacs where the vast majority of content was available upon release. And that's a good point...except that in those earlier xpacs 99% of the quality gear came from raids that were actually difficult and not from other content.

They used to gate gear with skill, then the casuals got to have their way with the game and Blizz made it possible to get decent gear without having to to top tier content. So they gated it with time instead of skill/teamwork/group building.

Blizzard has been making gear and content easier and easier to unlock, please stop complaining about them not dumping even more into your lap just for taking 3 days to get max level.
09/17/2018 02:35 PMPosted by Lindow

It is not fun to get to max level and just have high level gear dumped in your lap.

Earning gear and the anticipation and grind is supposed to be a huge part of the fun. Most people will agree that the ease of gearing is a downgrade not an upgrade.

I see several people here are pointing to previous xpacs where the vast majority of content was available upon release. And that's a good point...except that in those earlier xpacs 99% of the quality gear came from raids that were actually difficult and not from other content.

They used to gate gear with skill, then the casuals got to have their way with the game and Blizz made it possible to get decent gear without having to to top tier content. So they gated it with time instead of skill/teamwork/group building.

Blizzard has been making gear and content easier and easier to unlock, please stop complaining about them not dumping even more into your lap just for taking 3 days to get max level.

You do understand that majority of people are not living under the basements of their parents and have real life jobs and families to feed and can’t play game 24/7 .if you can’t enjoy a certain game it is best to leave it .video games are played for fun ,not to feel like doing a job
09/17/2018 02:35 PMPosted by Lindow

I thought that was the whole point of this game since Vanilla? Get geared up as quick as you can and get the biggest/rarest mount you can and then go stand in IF or ORG and pick your butt all day long. standing on top of npc's and quest givers..Are you saying this isn't so?? :-D