New toad model can't be tamed?

Hunter
Is it true the new toad's can't be tamed? I think the model is referred to as "Dire Toad". When the toad family was added I figured it was added so we could tame the new model,but I heard it was not tamable so far?

I hope I can wrong, any insight is appreciated.
Brigitxxi I went on https://www.wowhead.com/battle-for-azeroth-hunter-pet-guide#pettop and it said the new model CAN be tamed. It says on petopia that they are untameable but it's false
That's what I found. It could be possible that I am incorrect, but I highly doubt it
08/15/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Gobbers
Brigitxxi I went on https://www.wowhead.com/battle-for-azeroth-hunter-pet-guide#pettop and it said the new model CAN be tamed. It says on petopia that they are untameable but it's false

I can't find an unfriendly toad anywhere though? Not even a toad I can cast beastlore on.
It says that Gesh'Nar is tameable, but I haven't been able to locate him.
08/15/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Gobbers
It says that Gesh'Nar is tameable, but I haven't been able to locate him.

I can't find him either. Anyone know his location?
Toadeo o toadeo where art thou toadeo.
Gesh'nar <The Swamp Scourge> is not in game nor any of of the listed tameable dire toads. They are either raid related mobs, meaning they will be too high of a level to tame, or they never made it out of beta.
Remember that we could tame level 120s when we were level 118 .maybe we can tame them in the raid
This is sad news. I was excited to tame the new model. I wanted to name him BossFrog.
Please make this model tameable blizzard! I desperately want one!! :)
Ohhh! Yes!!!! I'm still hoping they're going to flag it as tameable soon as the look is NOT unique to the loa. Please Blizzard!!!
It says on petopia that they are untameable but it's false

Petopia relies on in-game player finds, rather than datamined cache and database info. We'd love for the new model to be tameable and if you can produce a single live example we'll gladly update the site. So far nobody has reported one, though. Here's hoping for 8.1, or beyond.
08/14/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Brigitxxi
Is it true the new toad's can't be tamed? I think the model is referred to as "Dire Toad". When the toad family was added I figured it was added so we could tame the new model,but I heard it was not tamable so far?

I hope I can wrong, any insight is appreciated.

10/08/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Wain
It says on petopia that they are untameable but it's false

Petopia relies on in-game player finds, rather than datamined cache and database info. We'd love for the new model to be tameable and if you can produce a single live example we'll gladly update the site. So far nobody has reported one, though. Here's hoping for 8.1, or beyond.

I hopped on my main to try it out...

1. Unfortunately, I was unable to tame any of the Frogmarsh toads.

2. The lost toads for "Hoppin' Sad" disappear once you /shoo them. So, there was no way for me to try.