Random BG Gear at 120

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
08/15/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Floyln
<span class="truncated">...</span>
More forced pve, thanks blizz!!

We've known PvE was required for months. Unless you're doing rated. You'll have to PvE to stack stats too.

I didn't. Guess I should have researched more before buying the expansion. lol

Maybe I will just go play FF XIV. Combat is slow, and the battlefronts are boring, but at least I won't have to PvE for gear.
08/15/2018 08:30 AMPosted by Jdpp
The only way to get gear right now is to pve. Watch this video for an explanation. The pvp season/raid does not come out for another 3 ish weeks. Until then this is all we got to increase our item level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUJzLH_yyuE

This is disappointing news, but thank you for linking it. Heroics here I come so that I can be effective in RBGs and arenas, when all I really want to do is single queue DWG and Seething Shore to finish up those BG achievements. And world PvP in Stormwind.

Blizzard :(
08/16/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Ephie
08/15/2018 08:30 AMPosted by Jdpp
The only way to get gear right now is to pve. Watch this video for an explanation. The pvp season/raid does not come out for another 3 ish weeks. Until then this is all we got to increase our item level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUJzLH_yyuE

This is disappointing news, but thank you for linking it. Heroics here I come so that I can be effective in RBGs and arenas, when all I really want to do is single queue DWG and Seething Shore to finish up those BG achievements. And world PvP in Stormwind.

Blizzard :(

Yea it sucks but at least it's only for a couple weeks. If you care about flying or unlocking allied races then just use this time to get the grind out of the way.
We've identified a bug causing gear not to drop in random battlegrounds and skirmishes until the season begins.

A hotfix is on the way.
08/16/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Phalanx
We've identified a bug causing gear not to drop in random battlegrounds and skirmishes until the season begins.

A hotfix is on the way.
sweet thx

A hotfix is on the way.

It makes me very happy to see a Blue addressing an issue here! Thanks!

A hotfix is on the way.

Quick! Someone say something mean!
08/16/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Jdpp

Blizzard blues the type of people to not dismiss their pet before jumping down to skip trash.

A hotfix is on the way.

What ilvl is the gear? I've gotten like a 276 ilvl piece of gear after winning a BG.... this iseems rather low I mean you get higher from doing a quest... Shouldn't winning a BG at least net you a better piece of gear than a world quest?
08/16/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Laclare
08/16/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Jdpp

Blizzard blues the type of people to not dismiss their pet before jumping down to skip trash.
blues MD on the healers.
08/15/2018 07:45 AMPosted by Medikmel
If only we had some vendors...

say it louder so the people in the back can hear
08/15/2018 07:48 AMPosted by Hannahbakerr
08/15/2018 06:48 AMPosted by Deonto
I assume this is an obvious bug(as it really should be dropping ilvl 325 stuff like heroic dungeons). But until it is addressed, avoid wasting your time doing BGs/pvp when you hit 120.

lol wut
random bgs should not be dropping 325 gear like heroic, that would defeat the purpose of heroics. the season hasn't started yet, so the gear is going to be trash tier.

you can get crafted honor gear from a blacksmither at item lvl 300, check AH or check the pvp part of your city and they vendor has the recipes.

actually dreaming if you want 325 gear from randoms.

sure so how about you go spend 40k to get 300 ilvl gear while other people get it for free doing faceroll heroics is this guy for real? do PvE people think they are actually good and deserve gear more than PvP???
08/15/2018 08:03 AMPosted by Deonto
08/15/2018 07:48 AMPosted by Hannahbakerr
lol wut
random bgs should not be dropping 325 gear like heroic, that would defeat the purpose of heroics. the season hasn't started yet, so the gear is going to be trash tier.

you can get crafted honor gear from a blacksmither at item lvl 300, check AH or check the pvp part of your city and they vendor has the recipes.

actually dreaming if you want 325 gear from randoms.

What. If they don't drop atleast heroic ilvl then running BGs/doing any pvp before the season starts is pointless. Like.. What.

And even if BGs can drop 325s on a win heroics would still be the better thing to do for gear. So saying it would make heroics pointless is.. not even close to being true.

And crafting gear(be it that it has the pvp name or not) is not what we're discussing here at all.

EDIT: Got on the Beta and the ilvl of pvp gear from randoms was 320. Not quite what it should be(imo) but still reason enough to do BG/Skirms in addition to your heroics/mythics(esp with forges/bonus stats). Most certainly not "trash" tier, anyways.

Hello GM, you should post on here more often friend! Just got my Main to level 120 but looking to come back to the Nethergard home sooner or later!

A hotfix is on the way.

Thanks!

:)
Just got a il300 pvp trinket, after bging for most of the day..
My queues for heroic dungeons are instant and it drops 325 gear.

I also get 1000 gold and some augment runes for being a tank.

So no reason to do random BGs right now.
08/16/2018 08:15 PMPosted by Rdord
So no reason to do random BGs right now.

Good. All you do is complain about them anyway.
08/16/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Lícks
Shouldn't winning a BG at least net you a better piece of gear than a world quest?
It should be the same as wq gear. Difficulty should award better gear not time spent.
Can confirm I am getting ilvl 325 pieces from random BG's, I even lost BGs and still got gear from them. I think its like WQ and it scales with ur ilvl. I am currently 335 ilvl so I am getting 325 atm. Might go up higher but hotfix is working.
08/17/2018 01:08 AMPosted by Fookiebookie
Can confirm I am getting ilvl 325 pieces from random BG's, I even lost BGs and still got gear from them. I think its like WQ and it scales with ur ilvl. I am currently 335 ilvl so I am getting 325 atm. Might go up higher but hotfix is working.

That's good to know for new toons/alts who are starting out. Lots of people complaining that heroics and WQ's are quicker and easier to get better gear from. This is good if the BG gear scales so hopefully it will get more people involved and Q up.