More people need to play tanks and healers

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
By tank you mean sneak past everything after picking their pockets right? I can totally do that.
I don't mind playing healer in dungeons but I'm scared to raid heal.
This is pretty much always my Tank, leveling guardian. You won't see me in a dungeon until I outgear them, and have to run them for pathfinder. Sorry.
08/15/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Braznac
I don't mind playing healer in dungeons but I'm scared to raid heal.

Don't be! It's really fun and gets your adrenaline going. Plus there's a nice unity of healing with 3-4 other people so theoretically there should be SO much life happening.

I mean, yes wipes happen but it's like doing dungeons on roids.
I leveled at Prot. Eat sleep and breathe it... nom nom nom
Healing is easy at 110. I ran a couple of dungeons and it is much easier than legion 100.
08/15/2018 09:32 AMPosted by Bosshog
08/15/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Caladi
Do you know why people don't want to play tanks and healers? It's because people who only DPS tend to treat us like crap and have zero patience for anyone learning new content or simply making a mistake now and then. No one is perfect. I know it's not everyone but it's enough people that it causes issues most of the time. If you are the tank you are expected to know every in and out of a dungeon and what is coming up. But everyone has to start somewhere. Everyone has to learn and no one tolerates it, partly because repair is so expensive and partly because everyone wants to finish the content in some record fast amount of time. It's simply not fun any longer.

Being serious for a moment here, this is why I don't tank and heal. 9 out of 10 times when a group wipes most everyone blames the tank or healer. I don't need that aggravation when trying to relax and have a good time. That being said, I have nothing but respect for all you good people who are willing to take that chance by tanking and healing.

WELL, I've been a healer for about 8 years(have every healer class) and you just gotta learn to ignore the people who blame everything on the tank/healer. DPS make mistakes, tanks make mistakes, healers make mistakes. The only difference is.. if a healer or tank messes up it usually has worse consequences than if a dps were to, most of the time.

I've lost my temper plenty of times in groups, admittedly, but usually I slap people on ignore.

I am also questing as a healer and have yet to step into the new dungeons.
Add me for heals. I need wow friends!
Healing has been so boiled down, so pruned, and so oversimplified that it does not interest me anymore. That and every tank wants to run through every dungeon like they are trying to prove just how much of a badass they are.

We have limited toolsets, little to no synergy and/or options to keep everyone's heads above the water, and since we're spending the entire time running after everyone... it's an absolute !@#$show.

Kudos to those that choose to power through things, but after over a decade of healing in every capacity, I'm done.
I like tanking, nothing more satisfying than protecting people that keep screaming at you for their mistakes...
Just kidding, if you know the mechanics they usually don't bother you.
If Blizzard made Brewmaster more about martial arts and less about being a drunken fool I'd actually pick up tanking. But I like my martial arts too much. :/
Healed yesterday in a dungeon for a quest. Bear druid pulled a lot but also seemed to be keeping an eye on how I was doing. Was a pretty fast run and people were considerate.

People even greeted each other!!

This kinda thing goes a long way to getting us to run more dungeons. The amount of flack we usually get from dps is the main detractor.
08/15/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Bosshog
So, after waiting in queue for over an hour and half yesterday, I realized more of you people need to start playing Tanks and Healers. Not me, but you guys. And be good at it, too. So, get on it, people.

Be the change you want to see in the world.... of Warcraft.
I leveled fury all the way, but the minute I had to do a dungeon?

/equip 1hander, /equip shield /que as prot.

my instance macro "I main fury, I am a competent but non rushed tank, if you think you can do a better job speak up now, if not, lets get this done"

It works.
They would if DPS weren't often abusive.
I’d play heals all of the time if they didnt make leveling/questing as a healer so terrible.

I understand healers shouldnt be allowed to kill as fast as a dps but they need something to enable better questing experiences for healers.

I find it funny that a dps character can survive and solo just fine and also do damage. If healers arnt allowed to solo play, then dps players should die to single mobs to make it fair.
So, after waiting in queue for over an hour and half yesterday, I realized more of you people need to start playing Tanks and Healers. Not me, but you guys. And be good at it, too. So, get on it, people.

This is the same problem in Overwatch.....I'd love to play McCree now but it's hard to win without heals.

Good thing you play a class that can do both :D
*Waves*

Been healing my rear off lately!
We don't have any because most of you people treat them so badly even when they are just trying to learn. It's a situation of your own making, deal with it.