Loot system really weeds out the unlucky

General Discussion
08/18/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Mërcý
6 pairs of bracers and 5 pairs of shoulders later, 3 days later of spamming normals for hours still at 301 item level.

Either the same thing drops (bracers and shoulders and cloaks) or nothing drops at all.

But good idea taking away trading... Not like when you get something you don't need for the 5th or 6th time, you might want to give it to someone who can use it or anything.

What a joke.. I'm not impressed at all with this loot system. Should of just left it alone. But blizz has to always touch things in ways that make it worse.

Queue the "white knights" who are gonna be like "idk what your talking about bro, im already 335+ item level and i ran 5 dungeons!".

Good for you. Obviously you are one of the people who's luck blinds their judgement. 90% of the rest of us, are struggling to get any gear to drop that we actually need.

Iv'e been trying to get into heroics for 3 damn days, spamming normals. And like i said, nothing but bracers shoulders and cloaks. Still 301 item level... I am literally grinding hours of my time for nothing...

Shoulda just saved up 5 mill gold last xpac to buy a bunch of BOE's i guess... Since that appears to be the only way to get loot now is to buy it.

Pug heroics in group finder by manually running to the dungeons.

It's what I did to get past that hump.

Going to do more mythics when I get home.
08/18/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Lull
08/18/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Mërcý
Iv'e been trying to get into heroics for 3 damn days, spamming normals.

You can manually form a group and walk into any Heroic you wish to do. You only need that 305 ilvl to queue for it.

It's helpful to stack the group with your armor type, as many as you can, to trade off duplicate armor slot pieces. My group went with 4 Plate wearers and one lonely Rogue.

That's not gonna work for any of the pieces that are in Azerite Armor slots. You can't trade those. Ever.
You get a 320 cloak and 325 helm if you keep at the war campaign. Also +15 on your neck at friendly Champions of Azeroth . I also started off crafting about 4 slots. 300-310 is better than nothing and boosts WQ rewards. So I'm at 309 and haven't touched a dungeon yet and still have two rings in the 290s.

Also made 100k crafting. I'm at 150 letherworking already.
There have been multiple world quests for trinkets, which if you did them, would likely put you over the 305 bar.
08/18/2018 05:31 PMPosted by Tiapriestess
That's not gonna work for any of the pieces that are in Azerite Armor slots. You can't trade those. Ever.

It does work for the other slots though. Every lil bit of trading that can be done helps when everyone is still trying to get to a queueable ilvl.
08/18/2018 04:47 PMPosted by Manazzle
There's no such thing as luck. It's superstitious nonsense, like karma and god.

https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=12830/edgelords
08/18/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Xanlorash
Xanlorash [The Insane]
Follow me on Twitter: @Xanlorash

MVP bar must be really low.
It's funny how on the adventure guide page in the game for dungeons it will show an upgrade for your lowest ilvl item. Perhaps rng should have the same focus???
Personal Loot has been a garbage system from the beginning and it always will be. The reason for its implementation is to "protect" players from being pressured to trade their loot. Same reason Master Looter has been removed as an option from Raids. It's a stupid reason for a stupid system that tries to mostly "protect" people from potential negative outcomes from social interactions in a MMO.

Blizzard shouldn't be involving themselves in this aspect of the game. They're turning into bad parents that try to shelter their players from growing up and it's sad.
The RNG is obscene. If the system were smarter and this really wasn't about keeping you in the game longer, it would detect you already have something and have more of a chance to get an upgrade
08/18/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Meingott
There have been multiple world quests for trinkets, which if you did them, would likely put you over the 305 bar.

WQs don't give the same items for every class. It's far more likely to be different than the same. Someone here stated they still had 290 rings. I've had so many quests for 300/305 rings it's ridiculous. I couldn't get pants or trinkets for anything, though.
Don't forget to keep checking for world quests... Those are what pushed me out of a similar situation, OP.
I see your problem as well. I am currently 318 ilvl, trying to get into mythics, and I have a 280 weapon that is weighing me down. However, there are only three weapons that drop from dungeons for Unholy spec, so I am having to grind the same three heroics everyday in hopes I can get one of these weapons. It's definitely irritating, but I don't see Blizzard doing anything about it if I'm being honest
Having Azerite pieces non-tradable is a bit screwy, but aside from that the loot rules haven't changed for dungeons for quite some time now. There was no master looter in dungeons recently.
Totally agree with you. For me personally, its getting to a point where i feel like the ammount of time i spent in front of the computer playing WoW and Not getting rewarded for it, thinking maybe i should take a long break and come back and try my luck when the Next Expansion comes! And what frustrates me even more is that even when you are above 350+ ilvls you will always be stuck farming that particular Azerite Traits to boost your dps etc... feels bad. Anyway hope you get better luck than me with your Azerite Traits and all
At times like this, I really don't understand why they took out the old badge system from WOTLK. Then you could at least get a handful of tokens for your effort, which could eventually be redeemed for gear that's at least at the correct item level, if not ideal.
08/18/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Nightwoods
08/18/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Xanlorash
Xanlorash [The Insane]
Follow me on Twitter: @Xanlorash

Something feels off about an MVP using the forums to advertise his Twitter.

Rastlin should have been MvP, instead of this guy :3
Ahh...another vintage thread that has aged like fine ranch dressing :D
As I've said before, I'm too unlucky to gear up.
It's sad that I want a good old fashion armor vender from cata back.