Leveling BfA Engineering from 125-150

Professions
So I got my BfA engineering to 125. Looking at the orange recipes I have, everything is going to take atleast 5 Expulsion at a minimum. The helms at rank 3 are 20 expulsion each. Is this going to be another “5 points per month through the DM Faire to hit 150” or am I missing some recipes that could get me to 150?
no, you aren't missing anything, The only way to 150 is to use obscene am mounts of expulsom, and the only thing you get from 150 is a mount that will take you probably literal months to farm the mats for, because of course all the mats are also bop. So realistically the only way to get 150 is to drop high amounts of gold for expulsom items.
Unless they change it back, the Faire won't help anyone as its currently only giving +5 to only Classic Engineering. No +5 to Zandalar/Kul Tiran Engineering.
What a horrible design by Blizzard. You would have thought they learned their lesson from the last expansion. Now Im gonna sit at 126 after I make my goggles for many many months. UGH
Best part is that the tinker recipes don't give lvl ups apparently. Whoever at Blizz is in charge of designing Engineering needs to be shocked over and over again with a Gnomish Pocketknife.
Yep Engineering didn't seem to get much attention.

I can craft all four goggles, but can only wear one. And it's only ilvl 340 and BoP. I get that all four have to be there, but I will never ever craft the Leather, Mail, or Plate ones. These should be made BoE and require level 1 engineering to equip or something. Although that probably won't change much, but might be nice to give to alts.

Every other crafting profession can craft 355's. Engineering gets 340 goggles and 300 weapons. Something was missed here.

Also, as the original post indicates, leveling from 125-150 costs way more Expulsom than any other profession. What's up with that?
It's in the ball park of 165 expulsom to hit 150. There is a pattern that stays yellow until 147 but it requires revered with honorbound. After that its either make goggles which require hydrocores, something you can only get 10 of a week, or spam green mace recipes that take 5 expulsom.
Here's hoping Blizzard fixes the DMF so it will award skillups for BfA professions. If not, we are screwed.
I am at 147, when my recipes became green I thought it was a bug but now I realise it's just crappy design again, GG blizz.
I am 149 and need expulsum. I have no way to make an item to scrap in order to get more. I got a 340 helm in a mythic zero that aims better then that crazy expensive engineering helm. I spent 400k and this profession is literally the biggest disappointment. I would be better off with any other profession. The cool mount is not worth it at all!
Glad to see I am not the only one who found this odd. I am in no rush to hit 150 now but it still seems incredibly odd and difficult to get from 125-150. Even more so when a lot of others can grind that out in one sitting.
Seeing as the mount is selling for upwards of several millions of gold, it's pretty fair to say it's worth paying for the last few levels as they serve no purpose other than crafting the mount.
what annoys me more is that im currently sitting.....

130+45(175)/150......

and still cant use Schematic: Mecha-Mogul Mk2
09/01/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Mugoku
what annoys me more is that im currently sitting.....

130+45(175)/150......

and still cant use Schematic: Mecha-Mogul Mk2

THIS. I came online to find the solution to this very problem. What is the point in boosting our Engineering level with the goggles, if the boost is fake and doesn't actually give us "Your true Engineering level + X Boosted Levels = overall level
This is how you get expolsum as an engineer:
-log out
-make a demon hunter
-learn skinning and leatherworking
-lvl up until bfa
-do a lizard genocide on drustvar, near the onion farm. Skin them
-craft the cheapest green you can (I think it's a wrist)
-send it to your engineer and scrap it
On the topic of BfA Engineering, why did the Googles in Legion only require 2 Blood of Sarg as their "big" material but the BfA ones cost 3 Hydrocore? So I need to run content that drops 340+ to make a 340?

The cheap high ilvl Googles were basically all that was worth it from this prof anymore.
Yep. 147/150 and the only dark orange recipes I have are the goggles.
I done the whole lw/skinning thing but seems as if blizzard has also nerfed the hell out of the skins that drop now as well....I was doing the shimmerscale's that were just south of nessinwary's camp and now all I get from the egg spawns are grays and even most of the beasts there don't hand out much lw mats either...I think after 20mins I managed to nab 10blood-bones...so im quite sure blizz has done something and screwed up skinning as well being I have lvl 3 skinning abilites which should have way better chances on xtra mats....eng though has sucked bigtime...ive made over 300items to scrap and haven't had much luck at all currently sitting at 146 and everything ive got is green..thanks blizz for the gold sink not to mention extreme time sink trying to level up eng....
09/14/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Malorash
On the topic of BfA Engineering, why did the Googles in Legion only require 2 Blood of Sarg as their "big" material but the BfA ones cost 3 Hydrocore? So I need to run content that drops 340+ to make a 340?

The cheap high ilvl Googles were basically all that was worth it from this prof anymore.

you also had to do court of stars for the recipe, which coincidentally also unlocked your gaurenteed class helm that was the same level as the goggles.

Best part is (atleast for druid dps) The goggles have the 2nd worst set of traits, and 5/6 of the azerite hats from mythics are better than the goggles. The first azerite item i got before i even had enough hydrocores for the goggles was better than the goggles