Punish ppl for selling Single Stacks on AH

Professions
These players and their ego's are the reason the AH is a constantly cycle of lag on-top of lag. Blizzard should limit the lowest stack size to about 5, atleast in the Trade Goods tab. This would surely free up some space and allow a much less lag filled experience with the Auction House. That or charge players more for single stacks and make them pay for gouging everyone elses play experience and wasting so much time.

If you dislike it, you're probably selling single stacks and ruining the game and the AH.
I been complaining about this for several expansions now. It makes finding what your looking for a lot more tedious than it needs to be, and like you said, lags the hell out of the AH. 20 should min you be to put up on the AH(for trade goods and flasks/pots).
Darn. I would hate to only need to purchase one Anchor Weed (~700g my server) to find out I have to pay for 5.
I'd argue that it would be easier to institute a progressive 'tax' on auctions. So you pay a small amount for your first auction, a slightly larger amount for your second, etc. - until you were paying significant fractions of your selling price when you're running hundreds of auctions.

However, truly dedicated people would just use alts to circumvent this.
08/26/2018 09:10 PMPosted by Vyskera
I'd argue that it would be easier to institute a progressive 'tax' on auctions. So you pay a small amount for your first auction, a slightly larger amount for your second, etc. - until you were paying significant fractions of your selling price when you're running hundreds of auctions.

However, truly dedicated people would just use alts to circumvent this.

Blizz could also implement account-wide AH listing limits. It's a drastic step, but if people are going to be stupid and put up a bazillion 1-stacks, it might be the only solution.
Blizzard Q&A on Thursday already announced this is coming soon - PTR soon - Live soon thereafter. A per listing surcharge on crafting reagents.
Long ago in ancient times there was a limit to AH listings. I dont know why they removed it.
I think there is a better solution to this problem: a commodity market for trade goods and consumables.

These items shouldn't even be listed *at all*. Instead they should work like the wow token currently does. People sell into the market at the market price, and people buy out of the market at the market price; with an AH fee included in the transaction.

As the quantity in the market goes up, the price comes down. As the quantity declines the price goes up. This would make it more difficult for individuals to attempt to control the market price on rare goods like Anchor Weed. It would also make it easier to buy trade goods in general. How much do you want? Enter the number, see the price, click buy, done.
08/27/2018 08:33 AMPosted by Cerin
Long ago in ancient times there was a limit to AH listings. I dont know why they removed it.

Supposedly the limit still exists and players in the transmog market are supposedly hitting the cap. But you can already use alts to circumvent the cap.

The real issue with the AH and guild bank however is that the systems were designed based on server capacities of say 5,000 players online at once. The new sharding system allows for a hypothetical 100,000 players to be online at once, spread out over 20x 5,000 player shards. But the AH and guild bank is NOT sharded. So a system implmented for 5,000 players is serving 100,000 players at peak times (again, made up numbers for reference).

I am mostly looking forward to the proposed tax on single item trade goods, which is better than forcing players to hold onto leather and ore until they get more than 5-20 items in their bags. But it is just a fraction of the problem.
The entire AH system is archaic, go to any other mmo and their AH is infinity better. 15 years later and wow is still using essentially the same AH system...because....reasons...
08/27/2018 09:26 AMPosted by Elerius
I think there is a better solution to this problem: a commodity market for trade goods and consumables.

These items shouldn't even be listed *at all*. Instead they should work like the wow token currently does. People sell into the market at the market price, and people buy out of the market at the market price; with an AH fee included in the transaction.

As the quantity in the market goes up, the price comes down. As the quantity declines the price goes up. This would make it more difficult for individuals to attempt to control the market price on rare goods like Anchor Weed. It would also make it easier to buy trade goods in general. How much do you want? Enter the number, see the price, click buy, done.

This is an idea I can get behind.

Can we make a petition to change this aspect of the game?? Also, the profession system in BFA S U C K right now. Crafted gems and enchants are being sold for 2g and 68s, respectivelly on my server.
08/27/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Taurone
Also, the profession system in BFA S U C K right now.

Yeah, the crafting professions need to be improved for there be a *reason* to want to trade mats on the AH.

I posted my thoughts to improve them in this thread:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767569089
08/27/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Elerius
08/27/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Taurone
Also, the profession system in BFA S U C K right now.

Yeah, the crafting professions need to be improved for there be a *reason* to want to trade mats on the AH.

I posted my thoughts to improve them in this thread:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767569089

Honestly, based on the implementation that just went live today, I am expecting prices for trade goods to drop a lot...possibly pre-Legion price patterns. If that happens, it will be easier to craft items at a profit.
You should see the QQ on the wow economy sub. It's like these guys got their livelyhoods taken away. So if they're upset, it's got to be a good thing.
The system isn't perfect. Anchor weed is selling for 550g each (it was as high as 880g each yesterday). That means the deposit is 110g!

I don't think the system was intended for taking 20% of prices that high.

If this new 20% is limited to "raw mats", I guess it's okay. Rarely are those above 100g apiece. Right now Anchor Weed and Midnight Salmon are special cases.
08/28/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Qri
The system isn't perfect. Anchor weed is selling for 550g each (it was as high as 880g each yesterday). That means the deposit is 110g!

I don't think the system was intended for taking 20% of prices that high.

If this new 20% is limited to "raw mats", I guess it's okay. Rarely are those above 100g apiece. Right now Anchor Weed and Midnight Salmon are special cases.

Yeah, the low drop % items should be exempt. No one's going to post a stack of 200 to avoid the fees because a.) the selling price of 200...! b.) no one HAS a stack of 200! They aren't like the normal mats you can go get hundreds of in a day if you try.
People are announcing stacks of 200 midnight salmon and anchorweed in the trade chat to avoid the fees. Currently 65k (270g each weed)
09/11/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Taurone
People are announcing stacks of 200 midnight salmon and anchorweed in the trade chat to avoid the fees. Currently 65k (270g each weed)

Blizz messed it up.

They have old rare mats that sell every blue moon that were subject to this nutzo deposit. Now none on the AH.

Khorium bars. Gone. None nada when their used to be 50 or so.
Titansteel bars have no such tarriff and its business as usual.
One poor guy put up 33 singles of Dark Iron Ore which sells on average every week one time. at the price he put them up for, he could be out 15k!

But on golden lotus, no speciat deposit. you get 50 stacks of one.

Kind of sad Blizz didnt bother to research what was selling and what was not. Makes for some stupid markets.
They increased the deposit per posting, to post a 200 stack individually costs far more than to post 200 stack by itself
08/27/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Stormspellz
The entire AH system is archaic, go to any other mmo and their AH is infinity better.

I have played 5 other MMOs, for at least 2 months each, in the last few years. ESO and others.

All of them have HORRIBLE auction houses, compared to WoW. Horrible.

For example in ESO, you can only buy and sell to SAME GUILD players. If they are all 40+ and you are level 15, there is nothing there - zero. Yes, you can join 5 guilds. But each is 500 players. And if you have 8 toons, they are in the same 5 guilds (and have the same bank). Your bag slots are VERY limited in ESO, unless you want to spend a lot of American Dollars increasing them

So ESO gives you 5 auction houses that are at most 500 players each (and you have to find the right guilds, and they have to have openings) while in WoW each AH covers 30,000-60,000 players. That difference is reflected in all the goods: 5 vs 500, zero vs 10, and so on.