The Horde needs to be Dismantled

Story Forum
1 2 3 7 Next
The Alliance needs to act to make sure the Horde NEVER reaches the level of threat it once did.

No more Warchiefs. Occupying Horde land and bringing down their military to a lower level.

I want to see this conflict resolved in a way that doesn't copy what happened to Garrosh.

Thralls Horde has sadly evolved into Orcish Horde territory or in real world terms, the Axis Powers.

As the old evil Horde needed to fall apart to make way for Thralls Horde, so does the current Horde need to end to create a better future for life on Azeroth.

We all know that the acts against honor the current Horde has done can not be blamed on just one person. Getting rid of Sylvanas isn't going to make everything fine and dandy.

When the Allies went into Germany, they knew they also had to remove the institution that raised up that man. Him dying was nice, but far more was needed to end the war and make sure that country and its allies didn't start another world war.

Their could still be Horde vs Alliance themes in the next expansion even if the current form of the Horde falls apart.

Even if the Horde disbands at the end of BoA the playerbase that made up the Horde could still have a role to play.

Sylvanas could survive but lose a lot of the power she had, but still using a splinter group to cause hurt to the Alliance. Or if she died in BoA, you could still have surviving followers of her make trouble for the Alliance. Then of course their could still be parties that never liked her but don't want to surrender to the alliance.

Then the honorable elements of the Horde could be former Horde willing to work with the Alliance for a better future.

Next expansion could also include other threats from Naga, Old Gods, etc.
Dismantle the Horde, you might say?
08/07/2018 04:32 PMPosted by Marford
Dismantle the Horde, you might say?

fixed it.
08/07/2018 04:33 PMPosted by Treng
You need to be destroyed.

"My preference towards a video game faction demands I make a death threat to you!"

Dude.
I agree.

The Horde cannot be trusted to manage its own affairs. I think it's okay for the Tauren, trolls, goblins, and blood elves can carry on with minimal supervision. Orc and Forsaken territory needs to be occupied and closely managed, with trials to punish the worst criminals.
I agree, generally - the Horde, as a political institution, keeps giving us insane dictators bent on domination. The problem aren't Orcs, or Night Elves, or Forsaken, or whatever - it's the structure of the Horde's political system.

08/07/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Lyricalla

"My preference towards a video game faction demands I make a death threat to you!"

Dude.

It's Treng. He's a pretty well-known pro-Horde poster slash troll here. Just ignore him and move on.
08/07/2018 04:30 PMPosted by Arindehla
Even if the Horde disbands at the end of BoA the playerbase that made up the Horde could still have a role to play.

How kind of you.

Would we still be allowed to do dungeons, maybe once a week if we're good?

So... basically make Horde 2.0 and limit ourselves to play perma Legion, with only Alliance characters getting aknowledged by the narrative while we become the errand boys of their wills?

No thanks, I rather the devs ERASE the Horde races together with the faction, tyvm.

Their could still be Horde vs Alliance themes in the next expansion even if the current form of the Horde falls apart.

Sure, sure... just like in WotLK when Hordies spearheaded too the war against Arthas in ICC -I mean remember when Sylvan... nonono... hmmm Lor? absent too. /scratches head

Or maybe like in Legion when those brave Orcs took the fight against Kil´jaed...? Ugg or in Argus -when Horde heroes were so absent it wasn´t even funny-

I remember quite well the "Horde themes" that are used in neutral expacs OP... nonexistant for the most.

No, if Horde loses, let them escape somewhere else and get their OWN story, I´m sick of having to take orders from Alliance NPCs while my own Horde NPCs are only used to make them raid/dungeon cannon fodder... I refuse to help Brann and his incompetence once again or Khadgar or Magni.
08/07/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Lyricalla

Dude.
a death threat?

dude.
we should have listened to jaina.
if anduin forgives the horde after this, i am going to the horde to camp anduin in stormwind.
and this is me, a super pro-alliance player fanboy.
please anduin, don't be even more stupid.
08/07/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Treng
a death threat?

dude.

And this is why this whole narrative is retarded. Cause now we will have to suffer Alliance players telling us we "deserve" to play only on their own terms and following what they like or else.

Stupid writers, I swear...

08/07/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Etheldald
we should have listened to jaina.
if anduin forgives the horde after this, i am going to the horde to camp anduin in stormwind.
and this is me, a super pro-alliance player fanboy.
please anduin, don't be even more stupid.

Why should WE players pay for the incompetence and dishonesty of the writers? You want to heard about "not fair"?.

Pretending the Horde players to suffer the literal destruction of their faction and make them play Alliance 2.0 or else is. THAT´S not fair. I shouldn´t have to expect for my faction of preference to become the other faction just with minimal model skins so you people get happier... This idiocy should had never happened, not after MoP, period. Cause right now if we don´t get "punished", then people will complain and qq until we pay that price. And that´s sick.
I used to think BfA would be the last xpac before WoW 2 and a time leap but the fact that they heavily updated the engine for it makes me believe it will continue.

My guess is that the faction conflict will either reach an end or a third faction is on its way.
08/07/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Ariël
No, if Horde loses, let them escape somewhere else and get their OWN story, I´m sick of having to take orders from Alliance NPCs while my own Horde NPCs are only used to make them raid/dungeon cannon fodder... I refuse to help Brann and his incompetence once again or Khadgar or Magni.

This is a very real problem, especially since Thrall left. A lot of people got really fed up with following "Green Jesus" around, but the Horde doesn't have that many other neutral-leaning powerhouses around that both sides could follow, so unlike Khadgar, Magni, Illidan, or even Malfurion they can't just rotate in a new Horde-originated neutral NPC for us to follow because there aren't any.

Edit: Hit post too early. Anyway, the Horde needs to have characters that are defined by more goals than just "protect the Horde" or "fight for the Horde." So long as that's the dominant position, it's really hard to make a character that can reasonably involve the Alliance in their plans.
Can we just get a 19 episode DBZ style Lena vs Treng fight instead of this "Faction War" nonsense?
Seems realistic. Super fun for Horde players, too!

Tell me...is dismantling the Alliance an equally valid story option? If not, why not? Wouldn't it be fun for Alliance players?
08/07/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Samson
Can we just get a 19 episode DBZ style Lena vs Treng fight instead of this "Faction War" nonsense?
I don't really argue with lena that often.
08/07/2018 04:46 PMPosted by Carmageddon
Tell me...is dismantling the Alliance an equally valid story option? If not, why not? Wouldn't it be fun for Alliance players?

[/quote]
bu-bubub-but we aren't the bad guys so you deserve it! not us!

08/07/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Ariël
Why should WE players pay for the incompetence and dishonesty of the writers? You want to heard about "not fair"?.

Pretending the Horde players to suffer the literal destruction of their faction and make them play Alliance 2.0 or else is. THAT´S not fair. I shouldn´t have to expect for my faction of preference to become the other faction just with minimal model skins so you people get happier... This idiocy should had never happened, not after MoP, period. Cause right now if we don´t get "punished", then people will complain and qq until we pay that price. And that´s sick.

look,i really understand and you have fair points, this complete faction war is nonsense, there was like a million of better ways to start this,let's say that davy jones goes after the horde because she has motives to believe that the horde is preparing a launch on stormwind with azerite or something like that, it wouldn't necessary means that she, the alliance or the horde are evil, is just that they don't trust each other, especially the alliance.

no, players don't deserve to be treated like crap by the writers, but just look at nelfs players.
everyone is upset and with every right.
08/07/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Treng
08/07/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Samson
I don't really argue with lena that often.

Yeah but when it comes to power levels you two are near equals.
Guys, they're setting the stage for a 3rd faction. Sylvanas is too much of a beloved character to kill off, or make disappear.

Saurfang will take control of the Horde, and Sylvanas is going to team up with Bolvar to form a playable Scourge faction.

Take into account everything Bolvar has been up to, and the things he said to the Deathlord. The sheer amount of detail that went into the DK order hall story compared to every other one is insane. It was better and more detailed than the DH, who was the focal point of this xpac.

The novel choosing to have Calia reunite with the Forsaken, and then TURNING HER INTO AN UNDEAD. She will lead the Forsaken who do not follow Sylvanas' dark path into eternal life with Bolvar.

The fact that they're introducing Talia Fordragon in BfA is no coincidence. She's probably going to make Bolvar feel some of the humanity that he lost when he put the crown on. (Even though the only person left alive who knows he's the LK is Sylvanas). Sylvanas will capitalize on this weakness and use it to gain control over the mantle of Lich King (Queen). She will then gain the knowledge to create Val'Kyr as Arthas did and voila a new faction capable of standing toe-to-toe with the Horde and the Alliance.

Doing this will allow the war to not have a one-sided "victory" for either faction, so no players can truly be mad.